Parkland commission: arm teachers

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Parkland commission: arm teachers

Post by smithers599 »

Parkland shooting commission recommends teachers be armed to stop violence
https://www.foxnews.com/us/parkland-sho ... p-violence

Ah, but first the teachers must get "extensive background checks." Excuse me? Have they been hiring people to teach children without doing background checks? They don't know if the teachers currently on the payroll have criminal histories or violent tendencies?

storage_man

Re: Parkland commission: arm teachers

Post by storage_man »

Well just take a look at the Arizona school system. How many pedophiles have been caught while teaching ? And just think, The Duce gave them a raise $ and we will have to cover it with increased taxes - opps FEE's !
Super Trucker

Post by Super Trucker »

I believe the Parkland shooter also passed their background checks to buy a gun, didn't he?
morfeeis

Post by morfeeis »

Super Trucker wrote: December 16th, 2018, 3:23 pm I believe the Parkland shooter also passed their background checks to buy a gun, didn't he?
I never understood why people think background checks will stop mass shootings, ive never known a mass shooter to have a sequel......
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Notice how CNN, NBC, and CBS have covered this? "The teachers, parents and police in Parkland have decided that the NRA and President Trump were right, and that armed teachers really are the best defense against school shooters."

Not.
lew

Post by lew »

How about we abolish public education and let private entities figure out their security situation (and yes, arming teachers is a really good idea). I know, I'm a dreamer. :roll:
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

If they are going to arm teachers, who pays for that?

Proposition xxxx "Property tax increase to train and arm teachers"

It's for the kids, don't you know....
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I have heard and read a lot of opinion, for a long time, on this topic.

The most impressive opinions have been from folks with skin in the game,... when it is YOUR CHILD'S LIFE on the line, things suddenly become very real!

For me, this is a no brainer,... everyone, everywhere, has their God given Right to Life and the Right, to protect that Right, in any manner they deem fit!
Last edited by shooter444 on December 23rd, 2018, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

RandyTF wrote: December 18th, 2018, 5:39 am If they are going to arm teachers, who pays for that?

Proposition xxxx "Property tax increase to train and arm teachers"

It's for the kids, don't you know....
I am opposed to "arming" teachers. ("Here is a gun, paid for by the taxpayers. You must take tax-funded training to learn how to use it. Meet your trainer, Scot Peterson.")
I am in favor of "allowing teachers to be armed." If a woman is in the habit of carrying a gun legally outside the school, then we will no longer threaten her with jail if she continues to carry the gun inside the school, instead of putting her in jail unless she leaves her EDC gun at home."
No cost to taxpayers. Just decriminalize the small percent of people who are sheepdogs anyway. It's called "choice." I thought liberals were pro-choice.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

I am all for letting teachers (and anyone else) carry on school grounds as well as for extra-curricular activities.

No need for school to provide the weapons, though arranging for training in various scenarios would be appropriate.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Read this:
http://projects.sun-sentinel.com/2018/s ... l-moments/

No wonder he was able to run up such a high body count. Every possible way the "authorities" could have screwed up, they screwed up. Their conclusion? It's the NRA's fault.
That psycho SOB could have used a single barrel rifle or shotgun and gotten the same results. When all the victims are curled up on the floor waiting for their turns to die, magazine capacity and reload speed are completely irrelevant.
Black_water

Post by Black_water »

The purpose of universal background checks is not to save lives or prevent shootings, it is to get all the guns that are not on forms or in the system, in there.

Think about it, none of these mass shooters avoided the background check; they either took it and passed or when they failed got the guns by committing some other crime.

What possible purpose then could making all transfers, even from father to son, go through this system? It allows for the "registration" of all the guns sold in places like AZ, where no records are needed for private sales and all the guns sold prior to 1996 to now be put in bound books/databases.

It's just a way to know where everything is.

Once they know where all the guns are, it is a felony to get rid of them without going through the outlined steps and it is easier to confiscate them when they decide they need to be banned completely.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

+1 Black_water,... well said.

The One world Government has disarmed almost every country in the world,... the US of A is the last stronghold of sovereign freemen!

The One World Government agenda will only commit tyranny on such, for only a limited amount of time before a natural reaction occurs, as has happened repeatedly throughout history,... imo.

“The militia is the natural defence of a free country against sudden foreign invasions, domestic insurrections and domestic usurpations of power by rulers. It is against sound policy for a free people to keep up large military establishments and standing armies in time of peace both from the enormous expenses with which they are attended and the facile means which they afford to ambitious and unprincipled rulers to subvert the government or trample upon the rights of the people. The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered as the palladium of the liberties of a republic since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers and will generally even if these are successful the first instance enable the people to resist and triumph over them.”

Justice Joseph Story,... Supreme Court Justice from 1812 to 1845