Pittsburgh Rabbi had "security training"

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Pittsburgh Rabbi had "security training"

Post by smithers599 »

A rabbi who helped alert authorities to the synagogue shooting that killed 11 people says it was because of recent security training that he had a cellphone on him and was able to make the call.

Rabbi Jeffrey Myers of the Tree of Life in Pittsburgh said Monday on ABC's "Good Morning America" that he hadn't always carried a cellphone on the Sabbath.

But he says a security expert had told him in August that he was living in a new era and needed to carry it.

Myers says that he spent 20 minutes on the phone with authorities and that it "felt like an eternity."
So, Rabbi, how did that security training work out for you? Can you think of any other object that you might have carried, besides a cell phone, that might have saved more lives? Something that might have reduced the killing time to less than 20 minutes? Anything? Take your time; think about it.

lew

Re: Pittsburgh Rabbi had "security training"

Post by lew »

As far as I can tell, my wife and I are the only ones aside from the cop outside the building that are carrying on the rare occasion we go to Shul (temple). You would think that Jews in particular have plenty of examples of the importance of effective self defense and situational awareness, but most people in general are comfortable with their heads up their asses.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

PRESS RELEASE

12500 N.E. Tenth Place • Bellevue, WA 98005 • JPFO.org • 800-869-1884 • info@jpfo.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE • Oct. 29, 2018 • Contact: Floyd Neeland

GUNLESS SYNAGOGUE ATTACKED
MURDERER MEETS NO RESISTANCE IN PITTBURGH
Police show up late, standard model

Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership denounces the mental attitude that insists people are safer if they are unarmed and defenseless, like congregants at Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh during this recent tragedy on Oct. 27, 2018.

“How many mass-murder atrocities must we endure before the message finally sinks in,” asked Alan Korwin, an award-winning author and consultant to JPFO. “People must understand that the same guns police use to protect you can be used to protect yourself,” Korwin said, echoing the comments made by president Trump, who was attacked for making this common-sense observation. Jews are often hoplophobic or otherwise reluctant to bear arms, leading to deadly results.

Working with Rabbi Dovid Bendory, the former Rabbinic Director of JPFO (now, Rabbi Emeritus), Korwin co-wrote “Why Jews Hate Guns,” detailing the many reasons Jews often adopt irrational positions that leave them vulnerable and living in fear.

“Jews cannot disarm themselves in synagogues or anywhere else for pacifist or utopian reasons because enemies will always seek to exterminate them. Even one armed Jewish man or woman in that synagogue could have made a positive difference,” said Dov Marhoffer, a Holocaust concentration camp survivor and Advisory Board member to JPFO. He advocates for an armed and trained community for safety. “Jews have no choice except to assume personal responsibility for having and using firearms to protect their own lives, their families, and their communities,” the same point made by the U.S. president.

One police officer on the scene, after the atrocity, reportedly noted that if any single person there had been armed, the damage could have been far less. No one there apparently had any means of defense, a common problem at mass murders (deliberately and inaccurately labeled “shootings” by mass media).

Now, the media is flaunting images of the suspect, which they know encourages copycats and unethically glorifies mass murder. They avoid saying murder, and instead imprecisely rely on the term shooting, denigrating America’s second most popular participant sport, which reporters uniformly censor and detest.

“Refrain from gratuitous or repetitious portrayal
of mass murderers’ names and images.”
http://jpfo.org/d.i.e/die-homepage.htm

We know we can expect days, weeks and even years of portrayals of the suspect’s mugshot, raising his evil persona to iconic status. This serves no newsworthy purpose, delights anti-Semites, motivates other sociopaths out there, and continues the unethical practices in what used to be an honorable profession—journalism. Any mention of the value of firearms or the Second Amendment will be vigorously quashed, misinforming the American public, and leading to no education or instruction where there ought to be robust training at all levels of society in the aftermath of this assault on us all.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

lew wrote: October 29th, 2018, 11:06 am As far as I can tell, my wife and I are the only ones aside from the cop outside the building that are carrying on the rare occasion we go to Shul (temple). You would think that Jews in particular have plenty of examples of the importance of effective self defense and situational awareness, but most people in general are comfortable with their heads up their asses.
You would think they would be concerned about those wanting to wipe them out again but they are not. They also have their heads stuck deep into the cesspool of liberalism as well, same with the majority of them that live in the US. After all the US will bail us out again.

My first visit to Israel I wanted to shoot Israeli made Galils and Uzis in Israel. I also figured with what happened to them there would be gun stores everywhere, there were not. I did see some teachers with guns and children walking but not as much as I expected. A couple days before we left the woman I went with had a friend who was IDF and he arranged it. As I talked with him he told me just how unarmed Israel really is. Had a nice afternoon on the range with him and a few of his friends.
samnev

Post by samnev »

Regardless ones pro gun stance now is the time I think now is the time we should all grieve for the victims.
Delfuego

Post by Delfuego »

samnev wrote: October 30th, 2018, 8:01 am Regardless ones pro gun stance now is the time I think now is the time we should all grieve for the victims.
Well said. Don't speak ill of the dead, is pretty simple to understand.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Pretty much all the Jews with balls have moved to Israel.
lew

Post by lew »

Steve_In_29 wrote: October 30th, 2018, 10:39 am Pretty much all the Jews with balls have moved to Israel.
Yeah right. If you think Israel has things figured out, you need your head examined.

There are plenty of damn decent zhids here- and I like to think I am part of that group- but those are still a minority.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Delfuego wrote: October 30th, 2018, 8:43 am
samnev wrote: October 30th, 2018, 8:01 am Regardless ones pro gun stance now is the time I think now is the time we should all grieve for the victims.
Well said. Don't speak ill of the dead, is pretty simple to understand.
When a friend of mine was killed in a car accident, I grieved, but I was also angry as hell that he didn't wear his seatbelt, and got thrown through the side window. Does that qualify as "speaking ill of the dead"?
I grieve for all the people who were murdered, but I am angry as hell at the "security expert" who told them the best way to protect themselves was to "call 911 and let The Authorities handle it." Hey, Experts; how's that been working out for you? How's that Gun-Free Zone thing been working out for you? Background checks? Magazine capacity limits? How many more innocents need to get slaughtered before you admit that you have been wrong all this time?
Does that qualify as "speaking ill of the dead?" If so, tell me how much time needs to pass before it's appropriate to express my anger at people who advise others not to take responsibility for their own safety. I'll mark it on my calendar.
Flash

Post by Flash »

911...……...government sponsored dial a prayer.
87jeep

Post by 87jeep »

Flash wrote: October 30th, 2018, 2:09 pm 911...……...government sponsored dial a prayer.
:clap: :clap:
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

well their stupidity has reared its ugly face, it has been touted for years, maybe even decades, only you can protect yourself and yours, if you believe the cops, the gubermint are gonna protect you in this situation, well, maybe karma has a hand in it after all

just saying, no reason for this crap to continue, folks should arm up and be ready cause stupid can only be fixed by growing some smarts.
jmo
Rj
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

lew wrote: October 30th, 2018, 11:41 amYeah right. If you think Israel has things figured out, you need your head examined.

There are plenty of damn decent zhids here- and I like to think I am part of that group- but those are still a minority.
Note I said "pretty much" and not that all had.

That being said it seems the vast majority of those left in the States are of the libtard variety.

As to the rest...armed teachers, military personal required to be armed at ALL times, etc, etc. They have figured out how to be as prepared as possible for events they can not prevent or predict.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Further confirmation of what I said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jewis ... li=BBnbfcL

Excerpts from the article:

A group of Jewish leaders told President Trump that he is no longer welcome in Pittsburgh until he denounces white nationalism following the shooting at a synagogue there over the weekend.

"Our Jewish community is not the only group you have targeted," the group wrote. "You have also deliberately undermined the safety of people of color, Muslims, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities. Yesterday's massacre is not the first act of terror you incited against a minority group in our country."

The group also said Trump is not welcome in the city until he also stops targeting minorities, immigrants and refugees.

The president has "spread lies and sowed fear about migrant families in Central America," the group wrote.
thom

Post by thom »

No matter what President Trump says, there will always be "Sheep Leaders and followers" against him. He is anti-government and Pro-American. What is the lag time between a bullet shot at someone and a 911 Police Response? I prefer to think that I will act as my first line of defense and not wait for the police.
Remember just like Smokey the Bear saying paraphrased, only you can prevent mass shootings.