Reformers elected to NRA board

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Reformers elected to NRA board

Post by smithers599 »

Too little too late? Rearranging the decks chairs on the Titanic?

Or a ray of hope?

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2024 ... s-n1224758
Journey says in addition to his own election, Jeff Knox, Rocky Marshall, and Dennis Fusaro were all elected to three-year terms, while current board member and reformer Owen "Buz" Mills won re-election for another three-year term. As John Richardson notes over at Only Guns and Money, the election also resulted in several long-time board members losing their seats.

There are some real surprises here. First, that two ex-Presidents, David Keene and John Sigler, did not get elected. Second, that Kim Rhode was not elected given her Olympic history and that she was a plaintiff in a lawsuit against the State of California. Third, that a sitting officer, David Coy, finished in 22nd place and “Friend of Susan” Janet Nyce in 24th place.

I am not sure why Carolyn Meadows who was too ill to testify in either person or by video in the New York trial finished in the Top 10. It could be name recognition or it could be a sympathy vote. It is my understanding that Wayne Anthony Ross of Alaska is also rather ill.

These results were all one could ask for and more. There were some who won that I’d rather not see on the Board but they are more than balanced out by Phil, Rocky, Buz, Jeff, Rick, and Dennis.
Last edited by smithers599 on May 3rd, 2024, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtptwo

Re: Reformers elected to NRA board

Post by mtptwo »

I'm still not giving money to them.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

mtptwo wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 9:34 am I'm still not giving money to them.

Never have, never will.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
samnev

Post by samnev »

mtptwo wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 9:34 am I'm still not giving money to them.
Same here. :clap:
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

smithers599 wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 9:20 am Too little too late? Rearranging the decks chairs on the Titanic?

Or a ray of hope?
Probably a little of both... is it a ray of hope? Sure... it's always better to have better people in place... Is it too little too late? Well... it isn't enough for me to support them again...

I'm a "lifetime member" - gave them money about 20 years ago... haven't since...

I won't say that I'll "never" give them money again... mostly because... well... "never say never..."

Each time they call me for money I say: "tell you what... when I see the NRA vocally reversing it's support of the bump-stock ban, and actively advocating the absolute application of "shall not be infringed" - I'll consider it... until then... not another penny..."
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

BigNate wrote: May 4th, 2024, 12:46 pm
smithers599 wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 9:20 am Too little too late? Rearranging the decks chairs on the Titanic?

Or a ray of hope?
Probably a little of both... is it a ray of hope? Sure... it's always better to have better people in place... Is it too little too late? Well... it isn't enough for me to support them again...

I'm a "lifetime member" - gave them money about 20 years ago... haven't since...

I won't say that I'll "never" give them money again... mostly because... well... "never say never..."

Each time they call me for money I say: "tell you what... when I see the NRA vocally reversing it's support of the bump-stock ban, and actively advocating the absolute application of "shall not be infringed" - I'll consider it... until then... not another penny..."

Their shenanigans go back to the Reagan era, as governor and President. All the anti gun legislation he signed had the NRA's blessings. The Mulford Act in CA and the '86 FOPA.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Meet the new boss; same as the old boss.

https://www.ammoland.com/2024/05/barr-f ... z8aJWi9Wpp
From Gun Owners of America:

In early March, Rep. Bob Barr endorsed the concept of the Lautenberg gun ban, calling it “important and worthwhile legislation.” Barr’s comments appeared as an editorial in the March 6, 1997 issue of USA Today, where he called for only a limited repeal of the Lautenberg ban. While he opposed the retroactive part of the ban, Rep. Barr endorsed the underlying principle behind the Lautenberg gun ban, stating that, “This is important and worthwhile legislation, and we cannot allow its effectiveness to be reduced.”

Read the entire GOA article because there’s plenty more.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

GNtOPHnXQAAiZvn.jpg
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

^^^
That is brilliant. Sums it up perfectly.