Californians are buying up guns after Border Patrol starts dumping thousands of migrants on streets

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Californians are buying up guns after Border Patrol starts dumping thousands of migrants on streets

Post by Suck My Glock »

https://nypost.com/2024/04/15/us-news/c ... der-issue/

EL CAJON, California — Customers packed Cory Gautereaux’s small gun store northeast of San Diego on a recent Friday afternoon.

Many of the people buying pistols at Firearms Unlimited California said they were concerned about the massive number of migrants being released onto the local streets after the area became a hub for the crisis at the border — which is just 25 miles from El Cajon, a Southern California suburb of 105,000 people.

“My wife and I have had home defense guns for many years. Recently, though, with all the stuff that’s happening south of the border and all the people coming over, my concerns have broadened,” said Keith Carnevale, one of the shop’s customers, who’s armed his entire family.

“I don’t think it’s just the people that are coming over to try to find work, I think we have a lot of hostile people that are coming over with ill will, ill intent that will potentially cause chaos.”

Roughly 125,000 migrants have been released onto the streets in the San Diego area since September, which has been unsettling for Firearms Unlimited California owner Cory Gautereaux and his customers.

After Texas worked to seal off large swaths of its border with Mexico with razor wire and boots on the ground, more migrants started making their way to California.

The Border Patrol saw a daily average of 1,200 migrants crossing into the San Diego region illegally during the week ending on Feb. 4, while some of Texas’ busiest sectors averaged just hundreds of crossings during that time period, according to government data obtained by CBS News.

In Texas’ Del Rio border area, migrant apprehensions dropped to 200 a day the week of Feb. 4 — compared to the 2,300 daily crossings in December.

“The problem for people that live around the gun store is the street dropoffs,” Gautereaux said.

The US Border Patrol has begun busing migrants who claim asylum into the community and releasing them onto the streets, he said.

“That’s driven business to us,” he added.

Keith’s son, Anthony Carnevale, who came with him to buy a gun of his own, said the area is just not equipped to handle the huge numbers of street releases.

“I don’t think it’s just a matter of the numbers of undocumented people, I think a lot of people are concerned about the state of our own government to be just allowing this and why,” Anthony said.

Local Sharie Finn told The Post that the border issue “1,000%” plays a role in her decision to buy a gun, pointing to the Glock pistol in her bag.

She and her husband, Wally, run an organization that helps families find their missing loved ones — some of whom have been victims of predators who were in the country illegally.

“I have that with me everywhere I go,” Sharie Finn said.

Migrants continue to be released onto the streets in and around San Diego because Border Patrol processing centers in the region have more than twice as many as they can hold, according to agency data recently obtained by The Post.

El Cajon Mayor Bill Wells acknowledges his residents don’t feel safe because of the flood of illegal border crossers in his city.

“We see the massive amounts of violence that’s happening, a lot from the immigrant situation, but a lot from the homeless situation as well,” Wells told The Post, adding: “People are frightened and I do believe they’re arming themselves more.”

The Border Patrol can only hold migrants for up to 72 hours, and the challenge of processing them quickly while also conducting background checks has become overwhelming.

In one case in March 2023, border agents arrested and released Afghan national Mohammad Kharwin, 48, whose name appeared on the terror watchlist.

The FBI notified Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) that he was a suspected member of the US-designated terror group Hezb-e-Islami, but that didn’t happen until almost a year after his release.
What do you think? Post a comment.

ICE arrested Kharwin on Feb. 28 in San Antonio, Texas, but an immigration judge subsequently ordered his release again without knowing of his alleged ties to a group that has carried out numerous deadly attacks on US soldiers in Afghanistan.

The Department of Homeland Security told The Post that Kharwin is in custody.

TimW
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Re: Californians are buying up guns after Border Patrol starts dumping thousands of migrants on streets

Post by TimW »

I don't blame them, but some of them are gonna really see how f*** up the state is when it comes to buying guns, ammo, and accessories.

Elections have consequences.
thom

Re: Californians are buying up guns after Border Patrol starts dumping thousands of migrants on streets

Post by thom »

Is there a waiting period now in commiefornia? The politicians already have their personnel security paid for by taxpayers.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

thom wrote: April 15th, 2024, 11:11 pm Is there a waiting period now in commiefornia? The politicians already have their personnel security paid for by taxpayers.
Of course there is, it's 10 working days.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Noshoot

Post by Noshoot »

They’re going to realize just how restricted they are like during the Rodney King riots.

Yuma and Quartzite are going to be overrun with CA residents looking to buy, just like they were back then.
thom

Post by thom »

I hope the sellers in Yuma and quartzite turn them down or charge them four times the value
hrob

Post by hrob »

kenpoprofessor wrote: April 16th, 2024, 3:01 am
thom wrote: April 15th, 2024, 11:11 pm Is there a waiting period now in commiefornia? The politicians already have their personnel security paid for by taxpayers.
Of course there is, it's 10 working day

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Nope. The waiting period is ten (10) 24-hour periods from the date and time the DROS information is submitted to the DOJ.

But that's just nitpicking. We all know the waiting period doesn't save lives. It's just another encumbrance to the gun buying citizens of California.
GunNut

Post by GunNut »

I hope the people of communifornia wake up & see the results of their political decisions
Want liberal views, want sanctuary cities, want firearm restrictions. well now when You want to protect yourself you get a shive in your back
campinginaz

Post by campinginaz »

GunNut wrote: April 16th, 2024, 11:12 pm I hope the people of communifornia wake up & see the results of their political decisions
Want liberal views, want sanctuary cities, want firearm restrictions. well now when You want to protect yourself you get a shive in your back
I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully this changes thier thinking a bit.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

campinginaz wrote: April 17th, 2024, 7:17 am
GunNut wrote: April 16th, 2024, 11:12 pm I hope the people of communifornia wake up & see the results of their political decisions
Won't happen. It's a goner. The wise are leaving the state.
campinginaz

Post by campinginaz »

XJThrottle wrote: April 17th, 2024, 7:27 am
You are probably right, but one can hope lol.
GunNut

Post by GunNut »

campinginaz wrote: April 17th, 2024, 7:37 am
XJThrottle wrote: April 17th, 2024, 7:27 am

You are probably right, but one can hope lol.
That is exactly why I stated HOPE.
Not likely anyone will learn from stupid voting decisions BUT HOPE they do
LOL
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Kind of related,...here's Ring footage of dudes in San Jose in the process of trying to rip off a Corvette. The owner, inside the house, alerted by his Ring security camera, has told the young urban minority entrepreneurs that he's armed. Their response?

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Yet another example of why people are getting the phuk out;...

xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Newsom will fix it