Kahr enters the competition

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
pneuby
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Kahr enters the competition

Post by pneuby »

Heard it about it from him about a year ago, but didn't put any credence in it. Well....

electrohawk

Re: Kahr enters the competition

Post by electrohawk »

Need to get my hands on one...
The trigger is still something I sorely miss with my P365, accuracy was superb on the PM9 for that tiny barrel
Yellowcarbon

Post by Yellowcarbon »

Kahr let the market pass them by and now nobody looks at the Kahr pistols. They were the dominant micro 9mm/.40/.45 for a decade easily. If you wanted a true micro 9mm, the PM-9 was it. Then, companies started chipping away at it. Now everyone has a double stack micro 9mm and Kahr still hasn't released it yet.

I agree that Kahrs are usually pretty accurate and the trigger was pretty smooth (although with a long reset). I liked how small the PM-9 was as well as the long reset. The Pm-9, Keltec P-3AT, S&W J-frame revolver, and Sig DAK all had the same trigger pull & reset. So I could carry anything and the trigger pull was the same. No need to retrain for a new trigger.
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

Why did they make the grip so darn short? I don't like hanging on to the gun with one finger just to drop the mag.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Too little, too late. Kahr is a great example of a company that didn’t innovate and got surpassed by others. Personally, I’ve always hated their looooonnnnngggg trigger pull.

I honestly wasn’t sure if Kahr was still making firearms until last week when someone here posted about a Kahr 380 in the deals section. And I work in the firearms industry.

It’s a good idea to use a readily available and already proven magazine, but it’s not going to make everyone ditch their P365 and buy the Kahr.