Magpul gen 3 T Mag

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Magpul gen 3 T Mag

Post by xerts1191 »

Sorta want

AZDESERTRAT

Re: Magpul gen 3 T Mag

Post by AZDESERTRAT »

I’m happy with translucent lancers but I’ll deff add some t mags to the collection.
Cbvanb
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Cbvanb »

That’s kinda cool but I’m too heavily invested in earlier generations to switch now.
campinginaz

Post by campinginaz »

Looks pretty nice! Can't hurt to get a few.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Do they cause triple feeds in FN SCARs like the Pmags too?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Suck My Glock wrote: January 15th, 2024, 9:13 pm Do they cause triple feeds in FN SCARs like the Pmags too?
Most guys don’t have a SCAR16, the one that do shoot FN mags.
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

I have a SCAR16 and the FN mag that came with it was the most jam-tastic POS I've ever used. Never had any issues with Magpul (except for needing to trim a bit of material off of the Gen2's) or Lancer, or other mil-spec
Doc

Post by Doc »

Abbey wrote: January 16th, 2024, 11:28 am I have a SCAR16 and the FN mag that came with it was the most jam-tastic POS I've ever used. Never had any issues with Magpul (except for needing to trim a bit of material off of the Gen2's) or Lancer, or other mil-spec
Strange, but with all due respect….First world problems. No one here going to feel sorry for you.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I'm still rocking Gen1 PMags...they are flawless through tens of thousands of rounds. I have no need for a translucent magazine, but good on Magpul for continuous improvement and new products.

I wonder if my Endo Arms MEAN mag conversion kits will fit in them...I'll pick one up when they come out to try.
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Old Jeff H »

I might have to have a few.
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

Doc wrote: January 16th, 2024, 12:45 pm
Abbey wrote: January 16th, 2024, 11:28 am I have a SCAR16 and the FN mag that came with it was the most jam-tastic POS I've ever used. Never had any issues with Magpul (except for needing to trim a bit of material off of the Gen2's) or Lancer, or other mil-spec
Strange, but with all due respect….First world problems. No one here going to feel sorry for you.
I wasn't looking for any pity. :lol: But besides myself, I know a couple other SCAR owners and none of them shoot FN mags. Maybe we're outliers, but that statement didn't resonate with me. I've mostly been shooting Lancers in recent years but still plenty of Magpul in the range bag too.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Abbey wrote: January 16th, 2024, 4:58 pm
Doc wrote: January 16th, 2024, 12:45 pm
I wasn't looking for any pity. :lol: But besides myself, I know a couple other SCAR owners and none of them shoot FN mags. Maybe we're outliers, but that statement didn't resonate with me. I've mostly been shooting Lancers in recent years but still plenty of Magpul in the range bag too.
Did you modify all your mags or do you keep some for SCAR duty and leave the rest alone?
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

I modified all my FDE Gen 2 mags for SCAR duty (which wasn't that many - maybe 8?). It was literally 10 min with a dremel for all of them. And half of that time was probably finding where I put my dremel. I should probably trim my black Gen 2 Magpuls some day on the off chance I grab one & toss it in the SCAR.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Abbey wrote: January 16th, 2024, 5:34 pm I modified all my FDE Gen 2 mags for SCAR duty (which wasn't that many - maybe 8?). It was literally 10 min with a dremel for all of them. And half of that time was probably finding where I put my dremel. I should probably trim my black Gen 2 Magpuls some day on the off chance I grab one & toss it in the SCAR.
5 axis dremel is always the solution 😎👍