Lake City "tied to" mass shootings

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Lake City "tied to" mass shootings

Post by smithers599 »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/several-m ... mo-factory

Gist:
- Lake City makes ammo for the military.
- Lake City also sells the same "military grade" ammo to the general public.
- Several mass shooters have used Lake City brand ammo.
- The general public has no business owning "military grade" weapons -- or ammo.
Therefore:
- Lake City should be prohibited from selling its deadly "military grade" ammo to the general public.

What I did not see in the article was: "Lake City has sold X billion rounds of ammo to the public, of which only Y rounds have been used in mass shootings."

Suck My Glock

Re: Lake City "tied to" mass shootings

Post by Suck My Glock »

In the Fall of 1941, a Ford plant in Michigan switched over from building cars to the assembly of tanks used by the military. After the war, it switched back to building cars for civilian sales.

Since then, several of the cars have been involved in accidents, and even the deaths of some people riding in them. I wonder if MSN will report this, or if they are part of a cover up on this horrific story.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

They need to sell on the commercial market during non war times to retain the highly skilled staff. Most workers there are career employees.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

More. They've got a campaign going.

https://dnyuz.com/2023/11/20/army-ammun ... -scrutiny/
Earlier this month Mr. Garcia, along with Senators Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut and Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida, introduced a bill aimed at putting more controls on ammunition sales — which are largely unregulated — by requiring sellers to obtain a federal license and to conduct background checks on buyers. It would also limit bulk sales of ammunition and prevent so-called straw purchases, in which a buyer with a clean record turns around and sells to someone else.

In a statement, Ms. Warren criticized the Lake City contract and called for “meaningful oversight” by Congress.

It’s unconscionable for the U.S. government to be in the business of making military-grade ammunition to sell to civilians,” she said.
Jay Gee

Post by Jay Gee »

They never give up. This bs drives me nuts.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Their stupidity is off the charts
Their stupidity is off the charts