Did Biden Order Army's The Lake City Ammunition Plant To Cancel Civilian Sales?

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Half Cocked
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Did Biden Order Army's The Lake City Ammunition Plant To Cancel Civilian Sales?

Post by Half Cocked »

Mr. Guns 'n Gear takes a quick look at this question. This is something to keep an eye on.

xerts1191

Re: Did Biden Order Army's The Lake City Ammunition Plant To Cancel Civilian Sales?

Post by xerts1191 »

LC has always been one of leading military suppliers, I would imagine what isn’t going to the Uke. is now going to Israel?
Suck My Glock

Re: Did Biden Order Army's The Lake City Ammunition Plant To Cancel Civilian Sales?

Post by Suck My Glock »

But the Israeli and Ukrainian "emergencies" would be useful political cover to say that all production must be diverted to those allies and civilian sales is "temporarily" halted.
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

I had read an article many months ago on that and believe that's the issue.
Half Cocked

Post by Half Cocked »

Why would (or should) a government operated plant sell to civilians in the first place? The only reason that I can imagine is that this would allow the government to keep the production lines open during times of lower military demand and then when military demand increases the civilian production could be diverted to military use.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Not the first time LC has suspended civilian sales, and it won't be the last. Military production is the priority...not sure why this is confusing to some people.
Pinetop

Post by Pinetop »

The plant keeps the employees busy with civilian orders during periods when the military or DOD Exports are not a priority. This allows them to retain a valuable, long employed, and skilled workforce. When they are running overtime filling orders for the US Military, Ukraine, Israel, and other DOD orders, the USA civilian sales are backed off or curtailed.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Half Cocked wrote: October 17th, 2023, 10:26 am Why would (or should) a government operated plant sell to civilians in the first place? The only reason that I can imagine is that this would allow the government to keep the production lines open during times of lower military demand and then when military demand increases the civilian production could be diverted to military use.
Well - the government should not operate any "plants" in the first place. I get the idea that the federal government should have some sort of emergency powers associated with redirecting manufacturing output to supply true wartime need (like actual war, declared by Congress, against a specific enemy - you know - like Germany, Italy, and Japan in WWII) - but other than that - the only restriction that I could see being legitimate would be a contractual one wherein the government contracts for a specific level of production and that level must be met or the supplier is in default. Outside of that sort of situation, the government should have no right to dictate when, where, or how a business sells their wares.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

BigNate wrote: January 9th, 2024, 2:55 pm
Half Cocked wrote: October 17th, 2023, 10:26 am Why would (or should) a government operated plant sell to civilians in the first place? The only reason that I can imagine is that this would allow the government to keep the production lines open during times of lower military demand and then when military demand increases the civilian production could be diverted to military use.
Well - the government should not operate any "plants" in the first place. I get the idea that the federal government should have some sort of emergency powers associated with redirecting manufacturing output to supply true wartime need (like actual war, declared by Congress, against a specific enemy - you know - like Germany, Italy, and Japan in WWII) - but other than that - the only restriction that I could see being legitimate would be a contractual one wherein the government contracts for a specific level of production and that level must be met or the supplier is in default. Outside of that sort of situation, the government should have no right to dictate when, where, or how a business sells their wares.
Yep, couldn't agree more, run the plant by military and/or civilian for strictly military needs, period.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
DM47

Post by DM47 »

The AZ alleged-AG and climate nazi, Kris Mayes, has happily signed on with other leftist AGs in a letter (dated Jan., 9, 2024) authored by NYAG Leticia James to Xiden's "Office of Gun Violence Prevention" to ban Lake City sales to civilians.
Looks like she was apparently quite eager that she has her signature at the top right next to James' and Kommie Kalifornicator Rob Bonta.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/0 ... -james-14/

https://www.scribd.com/document/6978888 ... er-FINAL-1

This is what Soros' dark money is buying.
ooda

Post by ooda »

So 20 Attorney Generals signed a letter to the house plant in the white house, argued 5.56 ammo should be limited to military use. The AG here in AZ is one of those 20 signed the letter. I thought there was to be a recount on Gov. Hobbs. Did miss something.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

https://ammoland.us7.list-manage.com/tr ... 60a79a34eb
More from Ammo Land on the gubs LC debacle
AZHTfreak

Post by AZHTfreak »

Semi related... Seems this Czech CSK Group thats bidding for Vista's ammo brands is well acquainted with Vlad... This after selling USA Uranium mining assets in the 4 corners area to a Russian Co during Obummer's admin... W.T.F.???

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment ... glomerate/