Panzer AK12- Saiga clone

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Panzer AK12- Saiga clone

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Just took it out to run it first time since I got it Tues. from PSA. Thing is a beast, heavy, but damn, thing runs out of the box with cheap wally world ammo and chucks the shells like it's mad at them. Honestly, it runs better than my Saiga, with 00buck and weak low brass. Had a bit of a glitch with the shell catching the upper part of the chamber, saw where it was catching and not feeding, took out my knife and did a quick scrape, thing took off. Runs as fast as you can pull the trigger. I you haven't got one, or thinking about getting one, I'd recommend it.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Panzer AK12- Saiga clone

Post by XJThrottle »

While not exactly the same, I have the Kalashnikov USA KS-12T. Thing is a hoot. Doesn't really like light target loads, but it's accurate as hell. I was out shooting my buddies with nice semi-auto bird guns while skeet shooting a while back. Really pissed them off....LOL

Takes the Saiga drum mag too.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

XJThrottle wrote: August 24th, 2023, 4:03 pm While not exactly the same, I have the Kalashnikov USA KS-12T. Thing is a hoot. Doesn't really like light target loads, but it's accurate as hell. I was out shooting my buddies with nice semi-auto bird guns while skeet shooting a while back. Really pissed them off....LOL

I could buy two of those for the price I paid, and yours doesn't like the light loads where mine chews them up like they owe it money. It shoots as good or better than my Saiga, as well as having a milled receiver. You paid a lot more for something I have for half the price, and I already have tons of Saiga mags and drums.

Clyde
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

kenpoprofessor wrote: August 24th, 2023, 5:14 pm
XJThrottle wrote: August 24th, 2023, 4:03 pm While not exactly the same, I have the Kalashnikov USA KS-12T. Thing is a hoot. Doesn't really like light target loads, but it's accurate as hell. I was out shooting my buddies with nice semi-auto bird guns while skeet shooting a while back. Really pissed them off....LOL

I could buy two of those for the price I paid, and yours doesn't like the light loads where mine chews them up like they owe it money. It shoots as good or better than my Saiga, as well as having a milled receiver. You paid a lot more for something I have for half the price, and I already have tons of Saiga mags and drums.

Clyde
I own a KS12T as well - and it is great. Was an impulse buy at Tombstone. Like that it came with adjustable stock, muzzle device, ergo grip, etc. Even came with a nice case (All my K-USA guns have.) Best of all -actually made in the USA (Florida.) I get a bit of humor out of a Kalashnikov that says "Made in the USA" on it. My KS12-T was a little picky at light loads but it doesn't care after several hundred rounds through it. I have dealt with them over the phone ordering accessories / spare parts and they were great. Sent me a free hat too.

Great for you Clyde - you spent half the money on a Turkish made gun. We all know their track record when it comes to shotguns & customer service (feel free to google that, lol). Hopefully yours works out though. Nice way to respond someone else agreeing with you about how fun they are, :roll:
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

paulgt2164 wrote: August 24th, 2023, 5:50 pm .

Great for you Clyde - you spent half the money on a Turkish made gun. We all know their track record when it comes to shotguns & customer service (feel free to google that, lol). Hopefully yours works out though. Nice way to respond someone else agreeing with you about how fun they are, :roll:

I also have a Norinco Mak90, and I think it's actually better than my Romanian. I also own a Honda, that's made more in America than any American brand. You are simply trying to justify spending $$ on something that could be had cheaper, so, good for you. Does it make you "more American" somehow? Those Turks are making very good shotguns, while the American brands have slacked off the quality. My 1966 Colt Python is a finely made firearm, while the new ones are just CNC hacks and MIM parts thrown together for the sake of popularity and profit from "The Walking Dead".

Clyde
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

I didn't pay the current price champ.

Is this where I insert a Ridgeline joke to come down to your tantrum level?
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

XJThrottle wrote: August 24th, 2023, 6:50 pm I didn't pay the current price champ.

Is this where I insert a Ridgeline joke to come down to your tantrum level?
Regardless, I could buy two for what you paid for one. We'll see what the reviews say in a few years on how well both of them hold up.

I love my Ridgeline, it does everything I need it to do and more, so, make all the jokes you like, I actually find them entertaining. If you think that's a tantrum, you might seek some therapy.

Clyde
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

kenpoprofessor wrote: August 24th, 2023, 6:18 pm
paulgt2164 wrote: August 24th, 2023, 5:50 pm .

You are simply trying to justify spending $$ on something that could be had cheaper, so, good for you. Does it make you "more American" somehow? Those Turks are making very good shotguns, while the American brands have slacked off the quality.
Clyde

Newsflash - no one cares how much you paid. We aren't the one justifying our purchases skipper. Maybe you should re-read your first post and response to XJ. He was just saying how fun Saiga pattern shotguns are. You are the one who went on the s.d.e. soapbox about what you paid.

Turks making "very good shotguns" - Lol. That is a laugh. Handguns maybe. I would take a walmart special Maverick 88 Mossberg over any shotgun currently made in Turkey. Everyone I know who bought a Turk shotgun had a nightmare after 500-700 rounds, and good luck with support. You like yours? Good for you, but once again you demonstrate your usual "Clydeness."
Last edited by paulgt2164 on August 24th, 2023, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

paulgt2164 wrote: August 24th, 2023, 7:39 pm

Newsflash - no one cares how much you paid. We aren't the one justifying our purchases skipper. Maybe you should re-read your first post and response to XJ. He was just saying how fun Saiga pattern shotguns are. You are the one who went on the s.d.e. soapbox about what you paid.
No, he wasn't talking about Saiga style shotguns, he specifically talked about the Kalashnikov. Pay attention.

Clyde
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

kenpoprofessor wrote: August 24th, 2023, 7:47 pm

paulgt2164 wrote: August 24th, 2023, 7:39 pm

No, he wasn't talking about Saiga style shotguns, he specifically talked about the Kalashnikov. Pay attention.

Clyde
You do realize the KS12T is literally a Saiga pattern shotgun right? Lol. Is it usually this hard for you to "connect the dots?"
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

paulgt2164 wrote: August 24th, 2023, 7:48 pm

You do realize the KS12T is a Saiga pattern shotgun right? Lol.
No, I didn't, this is literally the first I knew of it. I don't pay attention to over hyped, over priced, Gucci guns. The fact it takes Saiga mags is news to me, I figured they were proprietary.

Clyde
Last edited by kenpoprofessor on October 15th, 2023, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

kenpoprofessor wrote: August 24th, 2023, 7:51 pm
paulgt2164 wrote: August 24th, 2023, 7:48 pm You do realize the KS12T is a Saiga pattern shotgun right? Lol.
kenpoprofessor wrote: August 24th, 2023, 7:47 pm No, I didn't, this is literally the first I knew of it. I don't pay attention to over hyped, over priced, Gucci guns. The fact it takes Saiga mags is news to me, I figured they were proprietary.
Clyde
Hahaha, that makes it even better - you didn't even know what you were talking about. That just screams "relevant opinion."

Over-hyped (yet you didn't even know what it was...) Over priced (yet you probably don't even know why the KS12Ts are more expensive...) and "Gucci" (like a sub 1k gun is "gucci?" What is it, 1967?) Lol. Of course, why would a Saiga pattern gun take Saiga pattern mags. Baffles the mind, I tell ya'
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

kenpoprofessor wrote: August 24th, 2023, 7:47 pm

You do realize the KS12T is a Saiga pattern shotgun right? Lol.
No, I didn't, this is literally the first I knew of it. I don't pay attention to over hyped, over priced, Gucci guns. The fact it takes Saiga mags is news to me, I figured they were proprietary.

Clyde

From the guy who literally tells nearly EVERY SINGLE person with a question that would take about 1 minute of a google search to find their answer, how they suck at life.

The irony is MAGNIFICANT!

How would you know it's over priced, or over hyped if you didn't pay attention to it? How would you decided it was over priced and over hyped if you DIDN"T BOTHER TO READ THE SPECS?

Did you just learn about it today, buddy..?

My ~overpriced GUCCI~ gun came with a fore grip, pic rails, a folding stock, a 10 round mag, and a hard plastic case. And, takes nearly all the commonly available Saiga accessories.

Now I love PSA, but curious why your gem is on "clearance" for nearly 50% off? I'm guessing nobody wants a wood stock, thick bodied, "AK" 12ga with a 5rd mag for $700+
Last edited by XJThrottle on August 25th, 2023, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
mallic

Post by mallic »

paulgt2164 wrote: August 24th, 2023, 7:39 pm Turks making "very good shotguns" - Lol. That is a laugh. Handguns maybe. I would take a walmart special Maverick 88 Mossberg over any shotgun currently made in Turkey. Everyone I know who bought a Turk shotgun had a nightmare after 500-700 rounds, and good luck with support. You like yours? Good for you, but once again you demonstrate your usual "Clydeness."
Christ, I had a ATI TACSX2 bolt sheer in half after 150 rounds of 00buck.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

XJThrottle wrote: August 24th, 2023, 8:25 pm
kenpoprofessor wrote: August 24th, 2023, 7:51 pm

Clyde

From the guy who literally tells nearly EVERY SINGLE person with a question that would take about 1 minute of a google search to find their answer, how they suck at life.

The irony is MAGNIFICANT!

How would you know it's over priced, or over hyped if you didn't pay attention to it? How would you decided it was over priced and over hyped if you DIDN"T BOTHER TO READ THE SPECS?

Did you just learn about it today, buddy..?

My ~overpriced GUCCI~ gun came with a fore grip, pic rails, a folding stock, a 10 round mag, and a hard plastic case. And, takes nearly all the commonly available Saiga accessories.

Now I love PSA, but curious why your gem is on "clearance" for nearly 50% off? I'm guessing nobody wants a wood stock, thick bodied, "AK" 12ga with a 5rd mag for $700+
Last edited by kenpoprofessor on August 25th, 2023, 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.