IRS agent killed at training range in PHX

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: IRS agent killed at training range in PHX

Post by xerts1191 »

IMG_9232.JPG

mallic

Post by mallic »

QuietM4 wrote: August 18th, 2023, 10:36 am If any person/group has not paid taxes to the point where armed federal agents are needed to arrest you, I'd bet the same person/group is also involved in other illegal activity that would fall under the purview of the ATF/FBI/DEA/ETC...use their SWAT/HRT teams.

At the very least, the US Marshals Service should serve the arrest warrant. There is no legal need for armed IRS agents.
Kind of torn on this statement as while I agree that there isn't a need to train and arm IRS agents specifically to be ready for armed incursion, I'd still say that as individual people within the US, they have every right to carry a gun regardless of their profession if it was a personally obtained defensive weapon. Ultimately they'd probably still screw up carrying and shoot themselves though.

As someone who hates bureaucracy though, I will not cry at the removal of another parasite feeding off my tax dollars.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

I can (and do) take both sides...

1) I don't celebrate the death of a person - they are dead - their family is suffering - it sucks for them.
2) There is no reason for the IRS to have it's own, armed, law enforcement arm. It should be disbanded.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Al Capone was arrested by the FBI for the crime of tax evasion.

IRS, along with the other 70+ armed federal departments/agencies, needs guns like I need another orifice.