ATF knocking at your door? What NOT to do

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: ATF knocking at your door? What NOT to do

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Manitu wrote: May 27th, 2023, 12:11 am
That officer and many others were well know by me and me by them, I repaired their radios for several years.
And you described them "rubber necking" your home,which, by any standard, says they don't care how well they know you, they're looking for something to make you a criminal.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde

YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Simple way to settle this. Ask any SEASONED cop if they would let a cop, from another agency, especially Feds, into their house or even speak to them.

Unless it's a beer party with invitation, the answer will be a resounding NO.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Nobody’s Home
aroyobob

Post by aroyobob »

Here's another good one. Local PD this time. Most of the interaction at the door is recorded which illustrates how the officers try to get the homeowner to start talking to tell "his side of the story" which will provide them, they hope, with enough evidence to charge him or get a warrant. They don't have either of those things and have already decided he's guilty and want to find something, anything, to charge him with. The host of the video makes the point that the homeowner actually talked too much and partly took the bait of explaining himself when he should have respectfully said he wouldn't answer any questions without his lawyer present and ended the conversation.

hrob

Post by hrob »

aroyobob wrote: May 31st, 2023, 8:54 am Here's another good one. Local PD this time. Most of the interaction at the door is recorded which illustrates how the officers try to get the homeowner to start talking to tell "his side of the story" which will provide them, they hope, with enough evidence to charge him or get a warrant. They don't have either of those things and have already decided he's guilty and want to find something, anything, to charge him with. The host of the video makes the point that the homeowner actually talked too much and partly took the bait of explaining himself when he should have respectfully said he wouldn't answer any questions without his lawyer present and ended the conversation.

kenpoprofessor wrote: May 28th, 2023, 10:18 am
Manitu wrote: May 27th, 2023, 12:11 am
That officer and many others were well know by me and me by them, I repaired their radios for several years.
And you described them "rubber necking" your home,which, by any standard, says they don't care how well they know you, they're looking for something to make you a criminal.

Clyde
As a conservative I am expected to “Back the Blue” but these are perfect examples of why I do not, and will never, support that thin blue line. In years past a fellowship of sorts used to exist between gun guys and the police. Those days are over. Cops, in general, are not our friends. To illustrate: Whenever there is resistance to Constitutional carry or any kind of measure making CCW easier for the common man; it is, without fail, police agencies leading the opposition. Behind this vocal group you may find dissent by those whose income depends on training for CCW which is shamefully self-serving, but law enforcement organizations represent the primary hostility to lawful gun owners and carry outside the home.

Couple this disdain of an armed populace with the hate that all federal alphabet agencies, particularly the ATF, have for armed Americans and you know who, in the event of a confiscation order, the police will back—and it won’t be us.

In spite of this certainty, the gun community persists with a leg-humping pandering to law enforcement. Shooting ranges, for example, almost always offer significant discounts to, not only active police officers, but those retired from the force as well. Many bullet manufacturers offer the perk of free shipping to those in law enforcement. Same with a lot of reloading suppliers. Fine, it’s your business, do what you want but I won’t buy your product if I’m subsidizing a group who, as a rule, is overtly hostile to gun owners. And, like the rubber-necking officer in Manitu’s house – someone he’s even well acquainted with, don’t expect a quid pro quo in the event that officer discovers one of any number of things that could result in criminal prosecution and maybe even a loss of gun rights.

“That's pure hyperbole, hrob! I don’t have anything that I could be prosecuted for!” No? How about the guys who legally and with the fed’s blessing, purchased FRTs or braced pistols or bump stocks. Those guys are now facing felonies if caught with any of those items. And there are probably many thousands if not millions of people in possession of that stuff who don’t even know it’s a deal breaker for their gun rights. And all it takes is for one officer (You know, the guy who took an oath to uphold the Constitution.) to glance through a doorway, an open garage or a car window, see any one of those items and a law abiding gun owner becomes a felon who is prohibited from owning even a single shot .22.

Are there good cops out there? Of course, but they are in the minority and even then I wouldn’t be surprised if they chose paychecks and pensions over their vows to uphold the Constitution.

I’ll bet my social credit score just plummeted.
Half Cocked

Post by Half Cocked »

aroyobob wrote: May 31st, 2023, 8:54 am Here's another good one. Local PD this time. Most of the interaction at the door is recorded which illustrates how the officers try to get the homeowner to start talking to tell "his side of the story" which will provide them, they hope, with enough evidence to charge him or get a warrant. They don't have either of those things and have already decided he's guilty and want to find something, anything, to charge him with.
This video is an oldie but always worth watching:

Just remember:
Gadsden_blue_line.jpg
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

hrob wrote: May 31st, 2023, 11:32 am
As a conservative I am expected to “Back the Blue” but these are perfect examples of why I do not, and will never, support that thin blue line. In years past a fellowship of sorts used to exist between gun guys and the police. Those days are over. Cops, in general, are not our friends. To illustrate: Whenever there is resistance to Constitutional carry or any kind of measure making CCW easier for the common man; it is, without fail, police agencies leading the opposition. Behind this vocal group you may find dissent by those whose income depends on training for CCW which is shamefully self-serving, but law enforcement organizations represent the primary hostility to lawful gun owners and carry outside the home.

Couple this disdain of an armed populace with the hate that all federal alphabet agencies, particularly the ATF, have for armed Americans and you know who, in the event of a confiscation order, the police will back—and it won’t be us.

In spite of this certainty, the gun community persists with a leg-humping pandering to law enforcement. Shooting ranges, for example, almost always offer significant discounts to, not only active police officers, but those retired from the force as well. Many bullet manufacturers offer the perk of free shipping to those in law enforcement. Same with a lot of reloading suppliers. Fine, it’s your business, do what you want but I won’t buy your product if I’m subsidizing a group who, as a rule, is overtly hostile to gun owners. And, like the rubber-necking officer in Manitu’s house – someone he’s even well acquainted with, don’t expect a quid pro quo in the event that officer discovers one of any number of things that could result in criminal prosecution and maybe even a loss of gun rights.

“That's pure hyperbole, hrob! I don’t have anything that I could be prosecuted for!” No? How about the guys who legally and with the fed’s blessing, purchased FRTs or braced pistols or bump stocks. Those guys are now facing felonies if caught with any of those items. And there are probably many thousands if not millions of people in possession of that stuff who don’t even know it’s a deal breaker for their gun rights. And all it takes is for one officer (You know, the guy who took an oath to uphold the Constitution.) to glance through a doorway, an open garage or a car window, see any one of those items and a law abiding gun owner becomes a felon who is prohibited from owning even a single shot .22.

Are there good cops out there? Of course, but they are in the minority and even then I wouldn’t be surprised if they chose paychecks and pensions over their vows to uphold the Constitution.

I’ll bet my social credit score just plummeted.

I may have been able to say it better, but not by much. Yes, yes, and yes, more of these gun phucks need to wake up and realize this is the reality of now, forget what you thought in the past.

Clyde
Whitelife

Post by Whitelife »

It is always best to not talk to them, and only provide entry with proof of warrant for home not a warrant for a person...
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

6829DDA2-38C8-494A-9C3E-932F60E4C977.jpeg