Nashville School Shooting

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
BigNate
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Nashville School Shooting

Post by BigNate »

It is being reported that the shooter was female, and now that they were a female who "identified as a trans male." It is scary watching the mainstream media trip over itself to avoid this latter description.

At the end of the day - it's about mental illness. If you go into a school and shoot 9 year old's and teachers - you are mentally ill... I'm not saying that you are mentally ill in the sense of "not guilty due to mental illness" - I'm saying you are nuts in the worst possible way. There is speculation that this nut-bag targeted this Christian school as part of the trans community's response to recent state legislation against pediatric sex change procedures - effectively forcing kids who want to transition to wait until they turn 18 to modify their body.

I'm guessing that the media is tying itself in knots right now. Do they publicize this to try to get points for the anti gun agenda - when they know that doing so will bring association between mental illness and the trans movement? I'm sort of tying myself in knots trying to predict their response as this issue as it pits two of their favorite narratives against each other. My money is on the media making this go away. Their desire to protect the trans movement will be stronger than their hatred for black guns... but we'll see...

xerts1191

Re: Nashville School Shooting

Post by xerts1191 »

See how soon the narrative will change in the media
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

As always they’ll focus on the firearms rather than the shooter.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

If only:
- There had been Gun-Free Zone signs. What? There were? So, how's that working for you?
- The BPF had been required to undergo background checks before buying her guns. What? She was? So, how's that working for you?
- The age to buy an AR-15 had been raised to age 21. What? It was? So, how's that working for you?
- All 20+ million AR-15s had been confiscated, and the BPF had been unable to get one. What? She would have used a Biden Special double-barrel shotgun, and killed even more people? Or a can of gasoline and a match? Or an automobile plowing through the kids on the playground at recess? So, how would that assault weapons ban have worked for you?

None of the responsible adults there was carrying a gun, so they could not respond responsibly. Allowing teachers, staff, and janitors to carry at schools the same as at any other place? Why, somebody might have gotten hurt! No, they did the right thing; they waited (and died waiting) for the professionals, who took only 14 minutes to get there. (When seconds count, the police are just 14 minutes away.) So, how did that work for you?
aroyobob

Post by aroyobob »

Nashville police released some video showing the shooter driving up, entering and roaming the hallways.

smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Everybody agrees that mentally ill people should not own guns, right? Well, transgenderism ("gender dysphoria") obviously is a mental illness, so the left should be OK with prohibiting gun ownership by transgender people. Right?
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

xerts1191 wrote: March 27th, 2023, 4:33 pm See how soon the narrative will change in the media
I was thinking about this today - and realized that in the hours immediately after the shooting the headlines were all screaming "FEMALE shooter..." I would love to be a fly on the wall in the CNN news room to listen to the debate between:
A) "misgendering" the shooter (remember - if you refer to a trans person by their biological gender you are horrible, evil, no-good, transphobic, person)
B) running a headline that paints a trans person in a negative light...

It seems that they must have decided that misgendering the individual was the approach least damaging to their pro-trans agenda.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

They are now scrubbing any reference to gender...

The cached link that the search returns includes the original headline where the shooter is referenced as female.
NBC Female Shooter.JPG

The headline has been scrubbed to remove any reference to gender (trans or otherwise)
Headline Replaced.JPG

The highlighted "what you should know" pop-out box says that police describe the shooter as "a 28 year old former student who had detailed maps of the school..."
What you need to know.JPG

Hmmmm - it's almost like they want to frame the narrative in a way that divorces the issue from the reality that the shooter was a troubled trans person.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Body cam footage:

SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

More proof that gender confusion has roots in mental health issues.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

YNOTAZ wrote: March 28th, 2023, 8:24 am Body cam footage:

Thank you for that link!

Outstanding work by the police. It would have been better if a teacher or staff member had taken out the BPF with a personal pistol, and the police had arrived to find a dead body, but since that didn't happen, they certainly did their jobs well. I would go so far as to say they did their jobs perfectly. Muzzle discipline was excellent; everything was excellent.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

smithers599 wrote: March 28th, 2023, 9:22 am

Thank you for that link!

Outstanding work by the police. It would have been better if a teacher or staff member had taken out the BPF with a personal pistol, and the police had arrived to find a dead body, but since that didn't happen, they certainly did their jobs well. I would go so far as to say they did their jobs perfectly. Muzzle discipline was excellent; everything was excellent.
The office with the AR was on and off the safety the whole time too.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Strong work by these gentlemen... I'll agree that it would have been "better" if she had been shot by an armed teacher earlier... but seeing the officer accelerate TOWARDS the threat does my heart good...
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

The left will never come to the conclusion that the whole transgender thing is bat s*** crazy and we are bending over sideways for less than 1% of the population