MSU GUY

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

MSU GUY

Post by xerts1191 »

https://www.westernjournal.com/msu-mass ... years-ago/

ANOTHER MODERN JUDICIAL SYSTEM STAR

Dauph

Re: MSU GUY

Post by Dauph »

Just another Soros backed DA…
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Just another ultra MAGA white supremacist.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Kind of torn on this one. I think the guy is a piece of sh*t for murdering innocent people but his previous charge was a felony charge of carrying a concealed weapon which I think most of us would agree is anti Second Amendment. He wasn't charged with brandishing or any crime outside of ownership and possession which was then lowered to a misdemeanor and he got off with probation.

Michigan must have a minimum charge and sentence for possession but ... is it just?

Ultimately he was a wack who did evil stuff but ... should he have been charged with a felony for exercising a fundamental constitutional right and should it have prohibited him from ownership.

Like I said .. a little torn on this one.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/02/attemp ... nt-truths/

THE LEFTS ATTEMPT TO EXPLOIT THE SHOOTING, DOESN’T FIT THE TRUTH :whistle:
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

This is kind of Tripy. She says that she vows to take action but they already had in place a law that made simple possession of a firearm in the car or on your person a felony. Where can you go from there?

Guess they could have held him to account and not lowered the charge to a misdemeanor and sent him on his way but .. That is already a pretty imposing law and I am not sure what other laws she could impose that would be even more harsh. Felony for possession was already in play.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michig ... n-violence
Winmagbill

Post by Winmagbill »

This was a big topic on The View this morning. Only heard a little in the waiting room but it was enough. They couldn’t understand the how and why of this or any of these shootings but it was in their terms the fault of gun owners with access to and owning too many. In framing their outrage they completely eliminated the underlying problem; this is a mental health crisis. This guys dad saw it and asked him to give up his guns. The neighbors saw it when he was shooting in the backyard, but didn’t report it. It’s gun ownership by mentally impaired individuals that cause these tragedies and will eventually I’m afraid impact all responsible owners in some even bigger fashion. I went through the Clinton ban, the CA high cap mag ban, and the pre-constitutional carry requirements here in AZ. I’m honestly surprised that we don’t have greater restrictions on personal gun ownership already because of this trend in school shootings. I’m not sure how you keep guns and nuts separated but that type restriction is the only one I see being effective to curb incidents while still allowing responsible adults to enjoy their rights.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Another Mall shooting in ElPaso this evening, details still emerging
DM47

Post by DM47 »

The problem is obvious, but Witchmer won't address it

Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

DM47 wrote: February 16th, 2023, 8:56 am The problem is obvious, but Witchmer won't address it

I dont think he got off because of a liberal DA although she may well be one. His "Felony" with a gun was simply having one. Leaving the unconstitutionality of that aside .. there is just not enough room in prisons for non violent offenders.

They instituted "get tough" gun laws they physically cant enforce because of a lack of resources and space. So what happened, happens every day across America. It was a non violent transgression and his lawyer pleaded down the Felony to a misdemeanor and the sentence was probation. One more spot saved for a violent offender in the prison system by releasing a non violent offender.

Now .. Its been reported he was shooting his gun in his backyard within City limits. I don't know why that wasn't followed up on. Not only is that maybe indicative of someone not mentally sound enough to own a gun .. I am pretty sure they could have sentenced him for that offense.

I will say it again though .. as a 2A supporter living in a state that brought about constitutional carry I find it hard to champion him being convicted of a felony over having a gun in his car or on his person where no other crime was committed.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

* Should it be a felony to carry concealed without a license / permit? No... but in many places it is...
* Should a DA dismiss charges against someone because of political / social justice pressure? No...
* Should a DA allow someone with no criminal history to plead down to a misdemeanor when they've committed a non-violent gun crime? Probably - but it depends on the circumstances.

If this dude had no other criminal or mental health history - and the DA let him plead down to a misdemeanor because of the lack of these things - then I've got no beef with their action in that case.

If the dude had criminal or mental health history, and the DA let him plead down based on some ethnic based social justice agenda - well - that's evil.

Until the rest of the facts come out - I don't know how to think about this one. I'm no psychological / sociological statistician - but I'd imagine that situations in which a person's first real antisocial act is mass murder are few and far between. It will be interesting to see what we learn about him in the coming weeks. Sadly - unless the facts can be made to support the left's anti-gun agenda, we'll likely have a really hard time getting to them.
DM47

Post by DM47 »

BigNate wrote: February 16th, 2023, 1:17 pm * Should it be a felony to carry concealed without a license / permit? No... but in many places it is...
* Should a DA dismiss charges against someone because of political / social justice pressure? No...
* Should a DA allow someone with no criminal history to plead down to a misdemeanor when they've committed a non-violent gun crime? Probably - but it depends on the circumstances.

If this dude had no other criminal or mental health history - and the DA let him plead down to a misdemeanor because of the lack of these things - then I've got no beef with their action in that case.

If the dude had criminal or mental health history, and the DA let him plead down based on some ethnic based social justice agenda - well - that's evil.

Until the rest of the facts come out - I don't know how to think about this one. I'm no psychological / sociological statistician - but I'd imagine that situations in which a person's first real antisocial act is mass murder are few and far between. It will be interesting to see what we learn about him in the coming weeks. Sadly - unless the facts can be made to support the left's anti-gun agenda, we'll likely have a really hard time getting to them.
(Emphasis, mine.)

She has been a proponent and practitioner of SJW from day 1. Go look up a few things on her positions and practices.

Libtards can't have it both ways, but they sure act like it.
- Soros chuckles and buys more bureaucrats.
- Bloomberg plays the other end of the field. His minions will rush from Hobbitt's photo op to Witchmer's photo op.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

DM47 wrote: February 16th, 2023, 2:38 pm
BigNate wrote: February 16th, 2023, 1:17 pm * Should it be a felony to carry concealed without a license / permit? No... but in many places it is...

(Emphasis, mine.)

She has been a proponent and practitioner of SJW from day 1. Go look up a few things on her positions and practices.

Libtards can't have it both ways, but they sure act like it.
- Soros chuckles and buys more bureaucrats.
- Bloomberg plays the other end of the field. His minions will rush from Hobbitt's photo op to Witchmer's photo op.
If she's a politician in that state with a D behind her name I have no doubt that she's attached to the SJ movement. If she has an R behind her name she might still be attached to that movement - the "Rs" have been sliding left for a while - very few actually still value liberty and limited government.

I was not commenting on her specifically - I was just making a general statement about how I see the world - and perhaps echoing a bit of the conflict that others have mentioned. I'm not going to string up the DA for allowing a first time offender (assuming that he is) to plead down from a felony gun charge to a misdemeanor gun charge when the charge was not about using the gun to commit a crime - but just being caught with it in violation of state law. If she did it based on ethnic social justice drivers, she did it for the wrong reason. If she did it out of a desire not to create a felon out of someone because they chose to carry a gun - well - in my opinion that is a "right reason" to allow someone to plead down. That's all I was saying... (re her).

Hope that helps...
DM47

Post by DM47 »

@BigNate , I understand your points. I was not trying to be contentious with your post, but wanted to highlight those parts that I put in bold to address them.

Yes, she's a D.

If anyone wants to look into Carol Siemon, go see what a disaster she was (she retired just a few months ago). She aligned herself with Chesa Boudin (ultra-libtard, Soros-backed and funded failed SF DA), and a whole host of woke, libtard destruction.

Don't take my word or post on it. She has blood on her hands.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

I believe it...