[TTAG] Our Relationship With Guns Has Changed Since the Founding of the Republic

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
samnev
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: [TTAG] Our Relationship With Guns Has Changed Since the Founding of the Republic

Post by samnev »

love the photo.

Steve_In_29

Re: [TTAG] Our Relationship With Guns Has Changed Since the Founding of the Republic

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Cool photo but while correct in concept that Americans view guns differently in modern times, the article is lacking in facts and substance. I find many such articles on TTAGs to look as if they were written by anti-2A types. The most glaring example of this is that the National Guard is not and never was "the militia" as the Founding Fathers defined it.

Also there are indeed freestanding State Militias even now. For example the California State Militia is a State sanctioned organization separate from the CA National Guard. If even libtard CA has an official militia then I am sure more conservative States have such organizations as well.
Last edited by Steve_In_29 on September 12th, 2018, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baja

Post by baja »

Just another example of revisionist history. Spinning the facts to get an anti individual right outcome.
These people are such buffoons, "...the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms ..." couldn't be more clear. Unless, of course, you're an anti-America buffoon.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

baja wrote: September 12th, 2018, 9:50 am Just another example of revisionist history. Spinning the facts to get an anti individual right outcome.
These people are such buffoons, "...the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms ..." couldn't be more clear. Unless, of course, you're an anti-America buffoon.
The problem is they portray themselves as pro-guns at TTAG and slowly spread the poison.
lew

Post by lew »

Neat MP5 mag. I'm not tacticool enough for one of those.
baja

Post by baja »

Steve_In_29 wrote: September 12th, 2018, 9:54 am The problem is they portray themselves as pro-guns at TTAG and slowly spread the poison.
I like to think they post stuff like this to keep us up to date on the nonsense the buffoons come up with and give people a chance to beat up the buffoons in the comments. Not sure tho.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Me thinks, MY relationship, with MY weapons, has not changed since reading some of the opinions of our founding fathers,... about the relationship between TYRANNY and GOVERNMENT!

THEY HAVE BEEN WARNING US ABOUT GOVERNMENT TYRANNY FOR CENTURIES!

It has been awhile, but, my memory is that our founding fathers wholeheartedly supported an armed citizenry to keep the ever growing possibility of tyranny against The People, by the newly formed central Government,... at bay.

So, putting subsistence existence aside,.... I believe the truer relationship of American Patriots, with their weapons of defense, has never changed,... and, NEVER WILL!

____________________________a few relevant quotes___________________

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States.”
-Noah Webster

“Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, because if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world.”
-Daniel Webster

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. ... The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home..If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be under the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." President James Madison

"When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil."
— Thomas Jefferson

"It is the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins."
—Benjamin Franklin

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect its country from its government."
—Thomas Paine

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."
—Thomas Jefferson

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."
—George Washington

"Guard against impostures of pretended patriotism."
—George Washington

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
—George Washington

“Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant, and a fearful master.”
-George Washington

“The Constitution is the guide which I will never abandon.”
-George Washington