FROM THE SIG FORUM

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

FROM THE SIG FORUM

Post by xerts1191 »

Boriqua

Re: FROM THE SIG FORUM

Post by Boriqua »

Fan boys of anything can be awful but they are particularly bad on gun manufacturers boards. You had to see when I looked for advice on the Henry board on why my Henry fell apart on it's first outing.

Hope the guy gets his gun fixed and glad my Sigs are the classic variety
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

interesting.....I shoot my 365xl almost weekly and its been great. Several hundred rounds with any type of ammo and no malfunctions, its been great and being my first sig has got me wanting more
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

rockbronco wrote: January 11th, 2023, 8:37 am interesting.....I shoot my 365xl almost weekly and its been great. Several hundred rounds with any type of ammo and no malfunctions, its been great and being my first sig has got me wanting more
I have a 365 that has about 2500 rounds through it and it has been rock solid.

For every 1 fanboy who swears a brand can do no wrong, there are at least 3 people who have never owned one, shot one, or have any experience - but regurgitate rare/uncommon incidents like it is common occurrence and with the attitude of "knowing something" the owners don't. If you post one picture/comment on the internet where your gun had an issue - it is amazing how fast the digital rumor mill hate-trend gears up, and then all that brand/model guns are "junk."

Oh, and there is always the one expert (as demonstrated in that thread) who accuses the poster of lying about what happened despite this being a documented but rare occurrence across a few brands. He gets bonus dildo points for quoting the bible while calling the poster who he doesn't know a liar. Lol.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

paulgt2164 wrote: January 11th, 2023, 10:08 am
rockbronco wrote: January 11th, 2023, 8:37 am interesting.....I shoot my 365xl almost weekly and its been great. Several hundred rounds with any type of ammo and no malfunctions, its been great and being my first sig has got me wanting more
I have a 365 that has about 2500 rounds through it and it has been rock solid.

For every 1 fanboy who swears a brand can do no wrong, there are at least 3 people who have never owned one, shot one, or have any experience - but regurgitate rare/uncommon incidents like it is common occurrence and with the attitude of "knowing something" the owners don't. If you post one picture/comment on the internet where your gun had an issue - it is amazing how fast the digital rumor mill hate-trend gears up, and then all that brand/model guns are "junk."
I dig it but that is not the case here. Seems like the guy had a genuine beef with HIS gun. Might be a one off, may have happened 100 times but it happened to him and then guys jumped on him saying it was his fault or he must have done something to it when he clearly stated he hadnt. It is the same on all of the Manufacturers boards. I remember when people were having trouble with the new 7 round Ruger Gp's. These guys were beat the hell out of. Turned out there was indeed something wrong.

When my Henry dropped its guts all over the floor and table I was told I must have done something to the gun. Yea .. I took it from the box and brought it to the range. Fan boys ..yuck.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

I have no doubts it happened to the guy. Isn't the first time I seen something like that.

I just find it funny how the internet community reacts to this stuff. Happens with everything, guns, cars, tech stuff.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

paulgt2164 wrote: January 11th, 2023, 10:24 am I have no doubts it happened to the guy. Isn't the first time I seen something like that.

I just find it funny how the internet community reacts to this stuff. Happens with everything, guns, cars, tech stuff.
If you make enough of a mechanical thing .. some are going to fail. He should count himself lucky he followed EVERYONE'S advice and was out proofing it rather than just taking it home and sticking it in a holster. I am not one of those people who thinks guns need a 500 round break in period but I usually dont feel great about carrying one that doesnt have about that many rounds through it just so I know it wasnt a lemon.

Dont know if you read the whole thread but the pierced primer theory .. to me .. had something going for it but .. it could just as well have been an assembly issue. Just hate to see the guy reporting an issue and getting beat up for it and one guy on the thread was just outright calling him a liar. Not cool.

I used to participate quite a bit on the Sig forum. There is a lot of that but its the same on all the manufacturer boards.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Boriqua wrote: January 11th, 2023, 10:36 am
paulgt2164 wrote: January 11th, 2023, 10:24 am I have no doubts it happened to the guy. Isn't the first time I seen something like that.

If you make enough of a mechanical thing .. some are going to fail. He should count himself lucky he followed EVERYONE'S advice and was out proofing it rather than just taking it home and sticking it in a holster. I am not one of those people who thinks guns need a 500 round break in period but I usually dont feel great about carrying one that doesnt have about that many rounds through it just so I know it wasnt a lemon.

Dont know if you read the whole thread but the pierced primer theory .. to me .. had something going for it but .. it could just as well have been an assembly issue. Just hate to see the guy reporting an issue and getting beat up for it and one guy on the thread was just outright calling him a liar. Not cool.

I used to participate quite a bit on the Sig forum. There is a lot of that but its the same on all the manufacturer boards.
Agree, This is normal for for just about everything on the internet. I find fanboys quite humorous as well.

This is good reason to get out and shoot your carry, both after purchase and during its time as your carry piece. It amazes me how many just buy something and start carrying it without ever getting to the range to at least put a box of ammo through it!
Winmagbill

Post by Winmagbill »

The only brand specific boards I have ever found helpful are CZfirearms and TaurusArmed. Even when someone is asking for the 3rd time that month why their G2c is jamming someone will help out and go through the basics on the issue for them. The CZ guys have a depth of knowledge that is just awesome and they are willing to answer questions for 1st time posters that are floundering around tying to figure out what generation of which mag fits with what spacer and what spring combo on which gun :? . The Reddit group at R/Canik are another great bunch.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

THIS GUY IS THROWING HIS 365 AWAY
samnev

Post by samnev »

SIG quality control, or lack there of rears it's ugly head again. :roll:
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

SEND IN THE LAWYERS
oldmanpaintball

Post by oldmanpaintball »

i bought a sig p365 380 from cabelas, dry fired it when i got home . it fired when i shook it , and delayed trigger , returned next day to cabelas, they bought it back and gave me my money back but i bought another without a safety and it works fine 200 rounds so far , and a x macro with 400 rounds so far ,
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

samnev wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 10:57 am SIG quality control, or lack there of rears it's ugly head again. :roll:
Sounds about right - they have really slid down the crapper since closing in Germany.
samnev

Post by samnev »

Tenring wrote: February 1st, 2023, 2:35 pm
samnev wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 10:57 am SIG quality control, or lack there of rears it's ugly head again. :roll:
Sounds about right - they have really slid down the crapper since closing in Germany.
Must have been a sleep. I didn't know they closed down in Germany. I'm really extra happy my P220, P226, P225 were all made in Germany.