Bass Pro Smash N Grab

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Bass Pro Smash N Grab

Post by QuietM4 »

I was just at Bass Pro trying to track down a weapons light...the majority of the hunting department is cordoned off with police tape. An employee told me there was a smash-n-grab at the gun counter. Not sure how many or what types, but the employees were cleaning up glass on the floor.

Anyone have details? Just curious...

Winmagbill

Re: Bass Pro Smash N Grab

Post by Winmagbill »

So if you’re doing a S&G do you just walk up and S&G or do you take a number and wait in line? Just wondering what the proper etiquette is on something like this.

Don’t all their guns have trigger locks? How will they ever be able to use them. Just pointless.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Let's see,...which is more likely to kill me;...driving into oncoming traffic on the freeway,...or trying to rob a gun store.

Hmmm,...I'll have to flip a coin.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Suck My Glock wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 7:58 pm Let's see,...which is more likely to kill me;...driving into oncoming traffic on the freeway,...or trying to rob a gun store.

Well, if you're going to rob a gun store, Bass Pro or Cabela's are your safest bet....the employees are guaranteed to be unarmed and compliant. I did a quick Google search to see if I could find any local news...if you want to have some fun, search for "bass pro shops gun robbery", there are many that have happened over the years so it seems pretty popular for a gun robbery choice.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Looks like The Hub had a smash-n-grab yesterday also...seems suspicious that two gun shops be hit within 12 hours of eachother.

https://www.instagram.com/thehubaz/?hl=en
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

This would suck.

Aside from broken glass and a missing gun. Now you have to inventory your whole selection to see which one(s) they took.
Bullzaye

Post by Bullzaye »

The story I heard from an inside source at Bass Pro:

Two men (did not hear any racial description) entered the store, one had a ball peen hammer he had just stolen from a Home Depot (or Lowes, I forget). One of them grabbed a camo jacket, where he concealed the hammer (how he walked in with a ball peen hammer in his hand...I *don't* know), then they grabbed some sort of bag or backpack, possibly to carry their loot. They proceeded to the gun counter, and in front of a bunch of witnesses, smashed one (or more) glass display cases, and grabbed a Glock 22, and two FN 9mm pistols, and took off.

Apparently, one guy made it down the stairs, and raced out the front doors (for those of you who don't know, the gun counter is upstairs). Multiple customers obstructed the 2nd thief from using the stairs, so he jumped over the railing to the first floor. Not surprisingly...he broke his leg on reaching the ground, and was captured. Hopefully he'll squeal on his buddy, in the hopes of getting a reduced sentence...which he hopefully will be denied.

Anyway...that's the story I heard.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Damn...thats a 20 foot drop onto concrete. Nice move. Glad they got one of them.
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

The c sucker will sue them now. Too bad he didn't meet his maker.
thom

Post by thom »

Its about time Bass pro hires some ASU Football players for security. Football season is over.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Suck My Glock wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 7:58 pm Let's see,...which is more likely to kill me;...driving into oncoming traffic on the freeway,...or trying to rob a gun store.

Depends how “urban” your skin tone is.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

thom wrote: January 5th, 2023, 5:46 pm Its about time Bass pro hires some ASU Football players for security. Football season is over.
Assuming the robbers were not on the ASU football team! :mrgreen:
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Winmagbill wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 7:34 pm So if you’re doing a S&G do you just walk up and S&G or do you take a number and wait in line? Just wondering what the proper etiquette is on something like this.

Don’t all their guns have trigger locks? How will they ever be able to use them. Just pointless.
20 seconds with the right drill bit and they are off. Or a guy who can use a pick. Locks are jokes.
Bullzaye

Post by Bullzaye »

338lapua wrote: January 6th, 2023, 8:23 pm
Winmagbill wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 7:34 pm So if you’re doing a S&G do you just walk up and S&G or do you take a number and wait in line? Just wondering what the proper etiquette is on something like this.

20 seconds with the right drill bit and they are off. Or a guy who can use a pick. Locks are jokes.
It doesn't require a "pick". The "locks" aren't exactly locks. They're small two piece plastic devices that fit inside the trigger guard of any gun (one size fits *some*), and theoretically stop the trigger from being able to be pulled. The two halves are held together with a single screw, requiring a screwdriver to remove them. The head of this screw only has two small holes, into which two small protruding "prongs" on the key fit, allowing you to remove the screw. Could probably be removed with a small needle nose pliers, or simply a paperclip, bent so both ends fit into the holes, and turned with a pair of pliers.

Or you could cut it off with a little work with some dikes, or something similar. I'd hate to try it on a gun I'd purchased, as it would be easy to scratch it up. But, criminals trying to remove the lock to enable the use of the gun...not a major issue.

See here: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Allen-Compan ... d/51384831.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

I'd normally agree - but when the "gun store" is the gun counter at a large corporate store where the employees are unarmed and the corporate risk-management lawyers write policy that mandates that employees fully comply with anyone robbing the place - well - you are probably pretty safe to go smash and grab... as long as you don't run into a customer who is feeling froggy.

EDIT... annnnnddddd as I read down the thread and see what @Bullzaye posted - it appears that I was not wrong... Store employees complied - customers helped one to take himself out of play... :-)