New 10mm pistol

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
paulgt2164
ArizonaShooting.org Member

New 10mm pistol

Post by paulgt2164 »

Here you go boys and girls.......

Since so many of you got your panties bunched, thongs twisted, and feathers ruffled by the POF Tombstone Lever Action 9mms price - maybe this fits your budget.

Boriqua

Re: New 10mm pistol

Post by Boriqua »

cool review. If I didnt get out of reloading for 10mm ... I might have had to pick one up as a fun range toy.
Brlux

Post by Brlux »

First time I have seen someone run .40 in a 10mm.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Brlux wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 6:13 pm First time I have seen someone run .40 in a 10mm.
I'm waiting for a 10mm AR barrel so I can run both. I've got two lowers, one for big mags (currently running .45ACP uppers) and another for the smaller ones. The BCG is the same for both. I've already got Glock mags for both, and guns in both calibers, so, why not??

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I'm a fan of both 10mm and affordability. Plus, I'm not all that big on style and aesthetics.

But ung,...Lord that pig is an ugly spud.

All I can think of is that for the inner city youth minority entrepreneur in the recreational substance markets, who has been slinging a .380 or 9mm version of this boat anchor til now,...today has an opportunity to step up and show off his homies his new bigger and badder popper.

Yay.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Suck My Glock wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 8:22 pm I'm a fan of both 10mm and affordability. Plus, I'm not all that big on style and aesthetics.

But ung,...Lord that pig is an ugly spud.

All I can think of is that for the inner city youth minority entrepreneur in the recreational substance markets, who has been slinging a .380 or 9mm version of this boat anchor til now,...today has an opportunity to step up and show off his homies his new bigger and badder popper.

Yay.
While you aren't wrong - cheap choppers are popular amongst those who need a disposable gat for their criminal enterprising....

Buuuuutttt --I know quite a few people who it is either all they can afford, or makes the most sense for where they live/situation.

Example, one of my closest friends is an unfortunate resident of NY. He is an avid firearms enthusiast, and a member of a few groups fighting their ridiculous laws up there. It took him literally years to get a carry permit there, and the permit is attached not only to the person, but the firearm carried. He carries a Hi-Point - because if it is ever confiscated he knows he will never get it back, so why carry something nice? It is reliable, accurate, and while not the most svelte and attractive firearm - gets the job done and if he has to surrender it for whatever reason he is out less than a couple hundred bucks.

I have a cousin who lives back in the hillbilly nowhere land I came from where the average income is 17k a year and your life cycle is :
1. Get chick pregnant you don't particularly like cause you were in the same place, at the same time, and alcohol was present.
2. "Shotgun Wedding," as that is the way.
3. Have more kids you don't want as most women there think they serve only two purposes, go to church and produce loin litter.
4. Work horrible job you hate for way too little money to support the woman you hate, and the kids you loathe.
5. Die miserable and penniless, probably early.
Since he is stuck in the sinkhole of existence common among my people, he has zero money. But, he managed to save his nickels and has a Hi-Point. Hi Point is better than finger point.

People hate on the Hi-Points but they fill a niche in the market. Not everyone can afford a firearm that is 300+ bucks so it is cool there is something for them. I own a "Yeet Cannon" model for the laughs, but I think I will pick one of these up just cause it is absolutely hilarious in it's girth. Cheap, sh*tty guns can be as fun as a billion dollar fancy safe queens.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

WOW, I didn't buy a Rocky 10MM because it weighed 37oz, just felt too heavy. This one adds another 1/2 pound to the Rocky weight. I think it needs wheels.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

say all you want to about Hi-Points, I will join in, but they have about the best warranty in the biz.

ask D, he will tell ya.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

paulgt2164 wrote: January 4th, 2023, 9:16 am

Buuuuutttt --I know quite a few people who it is either all they can afford, or makes the most sense for where they live/situation.
Oh I agree 200% on that. If it's all you can afford, it's all you can afford. Some people just don't have choices.

Heck, I had a buddy 30 years ago that went through H/VAC school and had to sell off absolutely everything to keep a roof over his head while he did it. But he held onto his .45 1911, because priorities. But then, after graduation, he still didn't get picked up by a company right away, and was unemployed with the ink still not dry on his diploma, but needed to eat. So sold off the .45 and was able to afford another month of rent. But then he STILL didn't have a job yet, and had to move out of his place to a seedy by-the-week run down flea trap on skid row,...just waiting and hoping for that first job. He probably needed the .45 at his new digs more than ever before, but it was gone. The only spare pistol I had at the time was damned .25acp Raven Saturday Night Special, but he was welcome to it if he wanted it. He did, and 3 nights later, some drunk vagrant who had been sneaking into his apartment before it was rented to him and thought it was still vacant, slid open the bedroom window and stepped in,...right on top of my buddy while he was sleeping. He wakes up to what seems a home invasion, and he grabs the Raven off the night stand and blasts at this dude stepping on him in bed. Fortunately for everyone, my friend in his still half asleep stupor, missed. But the dude goes flying back out the way he came and runs for his life.

Which supports the saying that the absolutely best handgun in a fight is the one you actually have with you and not the one left in the car or in the safe.
Doc

Post by Doc »

kenpoprofessor wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 6:21 pm
Brlux wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 6:13 pm First time I have seen someone run .40 in a 10mm.
I'm waiting for a 10mm AR barrel so I can run both. I've got two lowers, one for big mags (currently running .45ACP uppers) and another for the smaller ones. The BCG is the same for both. I've already got Glock mags for both, and guns in both calibers, so, why not??

Clyde
Full power 10mm ammo and a PCC would bankrupt me.

When do we start?
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Doc wrote: January 4th, 2023, 6:58 pm

When do we start?
As soon as I get a barrel :mrgreen:

Clyde
Doc

Post by Doc »

kenpoprofessor wrote: January 4th, 2023, 7:05 pm
Doc wrote: January 4th, 2023, 6:58 pm

When do we start?
As soon as I get a barrel :mrgreen:

Clyde
Sub’d for disrespecting ammo. 😎👍
xerts1911

Post by xerts1911 »

49BC88DD-1B90-41A6-B9C9-522AF85A7B39.jpeg
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

group buy?!?!?
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Oh my, I'm hoping they'll still have the barrel in stock on payday, but I found two places selling the 8.5" for a little more than I was originally going to pay. Looks like I'll have my 10mm/.40 AR after all, almost three years in the making.

Clyde