Nikola Tesla had it right...

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
MarkItZero
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Nikola Tesla had it right...

Post by MarkItZero »

QuietM4 wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 2:10 pm
MarkItZero wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 12:35 pm
QuietM4 wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 12:06 pm What is the point of this gun? It's not state compliant...threaded barrel and detachable mags (or you're stuck with 10 rounds mags). No one would shoot this in a PCC match, because lever actions aren't exactly fast shooters. AND it is insanely expensive.

I'd much rather have a side gate-load 357 mag with a threaded barrel, if I were looking for a novelty suppressor host.
Some foreign countries ban semiautomatic rifles but don't have many laws about other rifles.
You're right...I can't go a week without seeing a picture from a foreign country of some guy shooting a lever action 9mm. It's about time POF cashed in on that market. :?
Like half of all the lever action posts on reddit come from foreigners now.

pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

It's about fuggin time!!

For years I've been wanting to get my hands on one of those converted Rock Island Armory .22TCM bolt-actions to 9mm that Special Interest Arms used to make before the guy retired. A couple of specialty gunsmith dudes back east still turn them out, but at a trickle and you end up paying well over $1000 for one if you find it.

But this will work.

Oh wait,...I just noticed the price. PHUK THOSE GUYS!!!!!! There is no way in hell it is worth anywhere near that price.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Man, I find it hilarious that so many of you are butt-hurt about the price. You realize this monstrosity isn't the $199 dollar Rossi you bought back in 1987 right? Some of you that have no issue strokin' your chimp to a 6k dollar 1911 all the sudden hate a 2k lever action that is pretty unique in the market? lol.

In a world where someone will pay more than 600-800 bucks for a rattle trap old Marlin (Have you seen what the few year old "rare" tactical model Marlins sell for? - it is more than the POF...), or 700+ for some turkish made lever action I don't find POF's prices that ridiculous. Especially compared to what some people pay places like Mad Pig customs to build them a tactical lever.

Would I buy it for the MSRP of 2K? maybe - probably not, but they are probably priced at that to recuperate R&D and tooling and/or they will be in stores for a couple hundred less. Once they hit the ~1700ish price point I would probably buy one, why? Cause find another weird, hilarious, mag fed pistol caliber lever action that looks like it came from some retro-futuristic sci-fi.

Love it or hate it - the market for "tactical" lever actions (and other "old" firearms being modernized") is growing. POF is trying to get in that market.