SAINT IN 9mm

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

SAINT IN 9mm

Post by xerts1191 »

https://www.springfield-armory.com/sain ... e=hs_email

GUESS I JUST DON’T HAVE MUCH INTEREST IN A 9mm CARBINE
WHADA BOUT U

Suck My Glock

Re: SAINT IN 9mm

Post by Suck My Glock »

I was very interested in all these different versions of the concept until I got my CMMG Banshee. Now I'm satisfied and am like a happy husband who won't even look at another woman anymore.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

I dig it, looks like a fun shooter.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

10.5" Oh Yeah

16" OH NO
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Wow...Why is Springfield consistantly 5-10 years behind the curve?
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

The bigger question is why does anyone ever even buy a firearm that Springfield doesn't even make but slaps their name on it?
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

Jack Dupp wrote: December 16th, 2022, 11:03 am The bigger question is why does anyone ever even buy a firearm that Springfield doesn't even make but slaps their name on it?
I don't think the modern Springfield Armory makes anything. It's all rebadged stuff from other manufacturers. Not sure that's a bad thing though.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

MarkItZero wrote: December 16th, 2022, 2:51 pm
Jack Dupp wrote: December 16th, 2022, 11:03 am The bigger question is why does anyone ever even buy a firearm that Springfield doesn't even make but slaps their name on it?
I don't think the modern Springfield Armory makes anything. It's all rebadged stuff from other manufacturers. Not sure that's a bad thing though.
That's exactly my point. SA are frauds and they suck. At least Ruger, S&W, etc, make their own stuff. And I'm not even talking about their political mis-steps.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

The only guns they don't make (re-badged) are the Hellion and the XD...some of their 1911 frames of the cheaper guns are imported from the Philipines. Yes, some of the parts they use are "off the shelf" from other companies, but most firearms manufacturers do that one way or another.

It's an economic decion...why spend $1Million in R&D costs if there is a Croatian company willing to produce the pistol for you?
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

While Springfield is not what they used to be they still make some of the best box guns for the price, the 9mm is not very appealing to me though.

They recently all but closed down the Springfield Armory Custom Shop, where they built and customized some of the finest 1911s around. When Les Baer was running the SACS I bought a few 1911s and they are still similar in style/feel to what Baer puts out today. However, SACS always did put out a better finished and running 1911 than Baer ever has or currently does, I own a number of them.

Funny how the similarities follow the semi-custom gun makers and their pistolsmiths.
Pick up a Baer 1911, they feel like a Springfield Armory Custom Shop 1911.
Pick up a Nighthawk, Fusion, Guncrafter 1911 they still feel like a Wilson Combat.
Pick up an Ed Brown 1911 and it is in its own league, not necessarily better, but different.

If I was in need of another, new limited gun, this looks appealing:

https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911 ... -handguns/
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

It's a failure on the one key feature .....
.........when entering this crowded market segment....... :shock:

"Does

it

take

Glock mags?"
:dance:
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Jack Dupp wrote: December 16th, 2022, 3:07 pm
That's exactly my point. SA are frauds and they suck. At least Ruger, S&W, etc, make their own stuff. And I'm not even talking about their political mis-steps.
Not entirely true on Ruger AR rifles. Unless they recently went 100% in house with the AR rifles they are made by someone else. It's actually stupid to invest millions in multiple pallet mills when other companies own them and they are paid for so sub it out and just put your name on it. Majority of AR manufacturers sub out the uppers and lowers. ATF allows machine shops with a 07 license to manufacture for other manufacturers. Everyone cries about Anderson but I laugh when shooting a Anderson and putting them in one hole and the guy next to me thinks the company who has their name on the side of his rifle made it when it was made by Anderson.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

rockbronco wrote: December 16th, 2022, 8:07 am I dig it, looks like a fun shooter.
Enjoy loading those Colt style mags though, they suck to load. I have 9mm AR's that use Uzi mags, H&K mags, Glock mags, but the Colt rifles are the worst with those crappy mags. They are hell on arthritic hands.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

xerts1191 wrote: December 15th, 2022, 9:17 pm https://www.springfield-armory.com/sain ... e=hs_email

GUESS I JUST DON’T HAVE MUCH INTEREST IN A 9mm CARBINE
WHADA BOUT U
Honestly go buy a Spikes Tactical lower with a last round bolt hold open that uses glock mags and piece it together. At 25 yards it will do one hole groups. You can put one together for 5-700 bucks and then throw a Aimpoint PRO on top of it and you are set. I bought a upper from New Frontier Armory that is cut to even use H&K mag lowers.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

338lapua wrote: December 17th, 2022, 9:19 pm
rockbronco wrote: December 16th, 2022, 8:07 am I dig it, looks like a fun shooter.
Enjoy loading those Colt style mags though, they suck to load. I have 9mm AR's that use Uzi mags, H&K mags, Glock mags, but the Colt rifles are the worst with those crappy mags. They are hell on arthritic hands.
Good point, did not think about it not taking Glock mags which of course like everyone else have several of them already. Does not seem like a smart move for them not to go that direction on this one.