Serbu .50 CAL COMPACT

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Serbu .50 CAL COMPACT

Post by xerts1191 »

I’LL PASS

BigNate

Re: Serbu .50 CAL COMPACT

Post by BigNate »

Sometimes cool is also stupid. I believe that this is one such case.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

The most fun guns to shoot are the ones that are stupid.

I have a 8.5" barreled PTR in .308. Basically turns .308 into .300 blackout with enough flash and bang to make everyone nearby deaf and blind. Completely pointless gun - but man is it hilarious fun.

It is a shame how many people forget to just have fun. So many "if it can't be used in "wAr" or for home defense it isn't worth having" dingles running around. If I had a dollar for everytime someone critiqued one of my guns cause it wasn't "tactically sound" or "useless" I would have enough to buy another couple boxes of ammo. Variety is the spice of life, and life is too long to only one ARs and Glocks.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

paulgt2164 wrote: December 14th, 2022, 3:02 pm The most fun guns to shoot are the ones that are stupid.

I have a 8.5" barreled PTR in .308. Basically turns .308 into .300 blackout with enough flash and bang to make everyone nearby deaf and blind. Completely pointless gun - but man is it hilarious fun.

It is a shame how many people forget to just have fun. So many "if it can't be used in "wAr" or for home defense it isn't worth having" dingles running around. If I had a dollar for everytime someone critiqued one of my guns cause it wasn't "tactically sound" or "useless" I would have enough to buy another couple boxes of ammo. Variety is the spice of life, and life is too long to only one ARs and Glocks.
I have the PTR91 and 32 in rifle, looking for the pistol versions of them if I can find them cheap enough. That being said, a friend has a PTR51 PDW, and we always had loads of fun when it was out.

I do like the annoying muzzle blast of a 7.62x39 AR out of a 7.5" barrel though, that, I do have.

Someone was trying to correct me on the range one time when I told them I just want to have fun shooting, not technical. I raised the gun over my head, turned it sideways, and proceeded to empty the mag. :mrgreen:

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Mine is a PTR105 which is basically the PTR51. I put a deadair three port brake on it to tame the recoil. Side effect - huge fireballs and concussion lol. They are a cool gun.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

paulgt2164 wrote: December 14th, 2022, 3:02 pm The most fun guns to shoot are the ones that are stupid.

Hey - I said it was cool... it is... and it's also stupid... I "THINK" I'd love to shoot one... once... so I can say that I did... and it would be stupid...

My kid's first self-purchased long-gun is a Tavor TS-12. It is tons of fun... and stupid... Laying waste to a field of water bottles with 16 rounds of bird shot is a blast. On the other hand, he's not a swat officer or Marine doing CQB house clearing so a 15+1 capacity, semi-auto, bullpup 12ga with a very unique and somewhat complicated manual of arms, is... well... kinda stupid...

:-)
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

BigNate wrote: December 15th, 2022, 8:07 am

Hey - I said it was cool... it is... and it's also stupid... I "THINK" I'd love to shoot one... once... so I can say that I did... and it would be stupid...

My kid's first self-purchased long-gun is a Tavor TS-12. It is tons of fun... and stupid... Laying waste to a field of water bottles with 16 rounds of bird shot is a blast. On the other hand, he's not a swat officer or Marine doing CQB house clearing so a 15+1 capacity, semi-auto, bullpup 12ga with a very unique and somewhat complicated manual of arms, is... well... kinda stupid...

:-)
I have the Kalashnikov USA KS-12 with a 20 round mag. Stupid fun. Very accurate too. Fun to run "clean up" when clay shooting with friends. LOL
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

I love my KS12T, they are a great gun. I always kind of laugh at the people paying 1500+ bucks for "banned" Saiga 12s - when you can get a KS12 for ~800-900 bucks at it is superior in every way.