Poverty-Pony's new G-lone

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
pneuby
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Poverty-Pony's new G-lone

Post by pneuby »

Silly name, but looks neat

https://andersonmanufacturing.com/kiger

QuietM4

Re: Poverty-Pony's new G-lone

Post by QuietM4 »

That looks horrible…
The PSA Dagger is less money and offers more options.
Winmagbill

Post by Winmagbill »

I’d never judge, well not too much, a gun just based on looks, but if I’m buy a Glock-based gun with a proprietary frame online Price is going to be a big factor. PSA has the compact Dagger at $349 with a bag and 15 GL9 mags. Beats $429 and 1 mag unless Dealers will really discount them. A little vent: Who sells a gun with just 1 mag anymore??
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Man, once those patents expired everyone and their gilf is making glock clones.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Winmagbill wrote: October 25th, 2022, 9:36 am I’d never judge, well not too much, a gun just based on looks, but if I’m buy a Glock-based gun with a proprietary frame online Price is going to be a big factor. PSA has the compact Dagger at $349 with a bag and 15 GL9 mags. Beats $429 and 1 mag unless Dealers will really discount them. A little vent: Who sells a gun with just 1 mag anymore??
Did anyone at Anderson do any market competition research? The PSA Dagger is constantly on sale with a soft case and multiple magazines...AND you can get it with an optic cut slide. Hell, right now on Palmetto's website they have an FDE model with 10 PMags and a soft case for $350. The most bare bones model of the Dagger, which is a direct comparison to the Anderson, only costs $300. A fully loaded Dagger...threaded barrel, TruGlo suppressor height tritium sights, optic cut for RMR, and a soft case is $419.

Anderson = FAIL.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

As Gaston Glock :lol:
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

Winmagbill wrote: October 25th, 2022, 9:36 am I’d never judge, well not too much, a gun just based on looks, but if I’m buy a Glock-based gun with a proprietary frame online Price is going to be a big factor. PSA has the compact Dagger at $349 with a bag and 15 GL9 mags. Beats $429 and 1 mag unless Dealers will really discount them. A little vent: Who sells a gun with just 1 mag anymore??
Well for starters, the Dagger only comes with one mag when you don't buy it in one of those mag bundle packages. And really why include more than one mag and drive up the cost? Good chance anybody buying one already has a pile of glock mags. If not then they can drive to the nearest gun store and buy a couple more, as they will assuredly have them in stock.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

The idea of a Glock clone as a bargain gun confuses me. I could see a "clone" that shares some common parts (mags etc.) but has a bunch of slick go-fast upgrades at a higher price... The idea that someone is going to save $100 by buying the off-brand gun seems just stupid to me. Just go buy a used glock...
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

BigNate wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 5:27 pm The idea of a Glock clone as a bargain gun confuses me. I could see a "clone" that shares some common parts (mags etc.) but has a bunch of slick go-fast upgrades at a higher price... The idea that someone is going to save $100 by buying the off-brand gun seems just stupid to me. Just go buy a used glock...
For the price, it's one of the best clones on the market, and is direct competition with the Taurus, Stoeger, and a few others. The fact that its a Glock clone makes it up gradable just like a normal Glock for less money. I have three of the Dagger slides on Polymer80 lowers, just cuz I like mine without numbers on them.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Winmagbill

Post by Winmagbill »

superdrag67 wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 4:55 pm
Well for starters, the Dagger only comes with one mag when you don't buy it in one of those mag bundle packages. And really why include more than one mag and drive up the cost? Good chance anybody buying one already has a pile of glock mags. If not then they can drive to the nearest gun store and buy a couple more, as they will assuredly have them in stock.
That’s my point it’s $349 and it includes 15 gl9 mags. So for 14 extra mags that’s about $175 worth of mags. And no I don’t have any Glock 9mm mags. So I’m right there with every other new shooter just getting into a new platform. it’s like get new gun for $175. What does the G-lone bring to the table for $429 + $175 to make it that much better?
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Prior to building my GSG-9 and an other 80% G-lone, I only had 33rnd G mags for my AR conversion.

If the Dagger deal would've been around prior I might have a pile of them. Dagger +10 mag packages in my cart that is....
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Winmagbill wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 10:23 pm What does the G-lone bring to the table for $429 + $175 to make it that much better?

What does a Snap-On screw driver bring to the table for $30 that makes it that much better than a $5 Kobalt? Both will be replaced if it breaks. Both turn the screw exactly the same way.

The Dagger clone allows new shooters (or shooters who don't have deep pockets, or those who appreciate value) a lower priced alternative to a more expensive competitor that accomplishes the exact same thing. A reliable proven platform that punches holes in paper exactly as the $550+ competition.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

QuietM4 wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 10:51 pm
Winmagbill wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 10:23 pm What does the G-lone bring to the table for $429 + $175 to make it that much better?

What does a Snap-On screw driver bring to the table for $30 that makes it that much better than a $5 Kobalt? Both will be replaced if it breaks. Both turn the screw exactly the same way.

The Dagger clone allows new shooters (or shooters who don't have deep pockets, or those who appreciate value) a lower priced alternative to a more expensive competitor that accomplishes the exact same thing. A reliable proven platform that punches holes in paper exactly as the $550+ competition.
Your Snap-on comparison isn't really 100%..

I've was a main line mechanic for 12 years with Honda/Acura. I probably spent well north of $50k in tools in that time. Not all Snap-on, but mostly high end. Pro grade tools are simply better.

Want to know the difference in a $30 screw driver and a $5 one is? Your gunsmith will tell you all about it when he extracts the screw you F'n FUBAR'd with your yard sale find tool kit.

I'm not an advocate of a regular dude buying premium tools....unless he has the cash. BUT, the ICON line of stuff Harbor Freight has is pretty on par with the stuff I spent many fold on.

I'll hand you my $90 Snap-on wrench and and $15 Icon one. Unlikely you'll be able to tell me the difference with your eyes closed.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

kenpoprofessor wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 5:46 pm
BigNate wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 5:27 pm The idea of a Glock clone as a bargain gun confuses me. I could see a "clone" that shares some common parts (mags etc.) but has a bunch of slick go-fast upgrades at a higher price... The idea that someone is going to save $100 by buying the off-brand gun seems just stupid to me. Just go buy a used glock...
For the price, it's one of the best clones on the market, and is direct competition with the Taurus, Stoeger, and a few others. The fact that its a Glock clone makes it up gradable just like a normal Glock for less money. I have three of the Dagger slides on Polymer80 lowers, just cuz I like mine without numbers on them.

Clyde
I guess what I'm saying is that if I were looking for a $400 defensive carry handgun - I'd buy a used Glock instead of a new Glock clone. I'm far from a Glock fan-boy - I always hated their triggers (I should say that I recently shot a friend's current generation G34 and the trigger on that gun was surprisingly good - but that was a first ) and I've always found them blocky and not terribly ergonomic. That said - there is no arguing that they are amongst, if not "the" most solid, reliable, safe, available guns in the world. Why would I want to buy a knockoff when I can buy the real thing slightly used for near the same price?

Again - just my 2 cents...
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

BigNate wrote: November 7th, 2022, 12:55 pm
kenpoprofessor wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 5:46 pm

Clyde
I guess what I'm saying is that if I were looking for a $400 defensive carry handgun - I'd buy a used Glock instead of a new Glock clone. I'm far from a Glock fan-boy - I always hated their triggers (I should say that I recently shot a friend's current generation G34 and the trigger on that gun was surprisingly good - but that was a first ) and I've always found them blocky and not terribly ergonomic. That said - there is no arguing that they are amongst, if not "the" most solid, reliable, safe, available guns in the world. Why would I want to buy a knockoff when I can buy the real thing slightly used for near the same price?

Again - just my 2 cents...

If it's not for you, it's not for you, you do you. I told you why it's popular, did you just want to see your opinion in text again??

Clyde