[TTAG] Are Those Cheap Facebook Kydex Holsters Any Good? Here’s What I Found

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
azrik
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: [TTAG] Are Those Cheap Facebook Kydex Holsters Any Good? Here’s What I Found

Post by azrik »

Not all kydex holsters, even though of the same design, are equal.
My $25 eBay holster is my EDC and it has worked great for over a couple years. I take the whole unit on and off multiple times daily due to where I have to go work sometimes so can't get real fancy with how it's designed to carry.
Just because I heard such great words about the "We the People " holsters, I ordered one of those and won't even wear it due to how loose it holds the weapon and the fact something can get into the trigger area. I emailed them and all they said was "that's how we design them" so I'm returning it.
The small wrap around the bottom of the trigger guard is just enough to keep it secure and free of wandering objects. Two adjustment screws also help.

This is the gun in the returned holster without any pressure to pull it out in the direction it is in.
I was going to get one for my ex wife but god knows the s*** she has in her purse and this is a no go.

Also the muzzle end is easy to slip down into your pants as there's enough material clamshelled around the end to guide it in.

I actually think a number of sellers are selling the ebay piece, one with good reviews.
Wouldn't be that hard to get a "custom" belt clip and do final assembly.

thom

Re: [TTAG] Are Those Cheap Facebook Kydex Holsters Any Good? Here’s What I Found

Post by thom »

If the holsters are too loose around the trigger, put them in a toaster oven, to see if the kydex will get warm and close up some. Maybe put a small clamp on the trigger area? Just a suggestion.