The powers that be can now shut down gun shops at the flip of a switch

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: The powers that be can now shut down gun shops at the flip of a switch

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Well,...perhaps Putin will succeed at creating his new crypto currency designed to escape financial surveillance and sanctions, and then we can join all the money launderers and other ner-do-wells using it for our own purposes.
AZHTfreak

Post by AZHTfreak »

kenpoprofessor wrote: September 10th, 2022, 3:40 am
baja wrote: September 9th, 2022, 8:09 pmCash.
From what I understand, that's how the weed stores operate, and they do 10K times as much business.

Clyde
quote=AZHTfreak post_id=137576 time=1663032514 user_id=1669]
Excellent discussion about these new credit card codes. Our new and improved Socio-Fascist NKVD is essentially privatizing their f00king database. Gotta always be on offense. They. Never. Ever. Stop.

The firearms industry needs to nip this Bolshevik crap in the bud and make it AS EASY AS credit cards to pay via money orders, cashier's checks and digital currency (& obviously ca$h for LGS) for purchases. SKREW AMEX, DISCOVER, MC and VISA... Bypass them completely, no data, no database🥃🥃🥃

[/quote]
AZHTfreak

Post by AZHTfreak »

kenpoprofessor wrote: September 10th, 2022, 2:38 pm There are cash apps available to use for these deals, you don't need a credit card. The bank doesn't know what the purchases are for when you use the app. Venmo, Zell, even Paypal.

Clyde
STAY AWAY FROM Venmo, Cashapp, PayPal, et all, as they will now kick 1099-Ks (sold that cymbal stand on eBay, you better have a receipt for what you paid in 1987, else you will be taxed on the entire sold amount rather than the difference between what you paid and what you received🤔 - thus the 87,000 addl IRS agents😜) to u and the IRS for all transactions.

Zelle has posted that it isn't required to send out a 1099-K because it is not an “app” and doesn't hold your money. YMMV as I am not an accountant nor a tax attorney, but I am just barely informed enough to be dangerous.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Gun purchases with cash set to explode…

https://www.emilypostnews.com/p/buy-you ... h-firearms
samnev

Post by samnev »

Suck My Glock wrote: September 14th, 2022, 8:52 pm Gun purchases with cash set to explode…

https://www.emilypostnews.com/p/buy-you ... h-firearms
I Agree, it's even better if someone was all set on the goodies.
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

billdeserthills
Banned
Banned

Post by billdeserthills »

Doc wrote: September 12th, 2022, 11:57 am Just called AMEX and told them I’ll be closing my account.

Only CC I choose to use.

f*** em. Hope someone else does the
Same.
Discover Card hasn't yet jumped onboard, you could always get a Discover Card
billdeserthills
Banned
Banned

Post by billdeserthills »

kenpoprofessor wrote: September 10th, 2022, 3:40 am
baja wrote: September 9th, 2022, 8:09 pmCash.
From what I understand, that's how the weed stores operate, and they do 10K times as much business.

Clyde
Weed stores all have ATM's installed, so if you don't mind getting ripped off at the ATM, you can always pay cash
mongo45acp

Post by mongo45acp »

Cash. Postal Service money order for gunbroker type sales.

Dave
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Wyoming, GOP AGs Demand Credit Card Companies Stop Tracking Gun Sales

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2022/09/22 ... s-illegal/

Wyoming and 17 other states on Tuesday told major credit card companies to prepare for legal challenges if they adopt a unique purchase code for gun sales.

Bridget Hill and 17 other Republican attorneys general sent a letter Tuesday to the companies urging them not to implement the code. The letter is addressed to the CEOs of American Express, Mastercard and Visa, and it questions the legality of the new code and its possible uses, such as tracking gun sales or keeping a list of gun owners.

“Be advised that we will marshal the full scope of our lawful authority to protect our citizens and consumers from unlawful attempts to undermine their constitutional rights,” the letter reads. “Please keep that in mind as you consider whether to proceed with adopting and implementing this Merchant Category Code.”

‘Suspicious’

The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) on Sept. 9 announced that major credit card companies soon would have a specific transaction code for gun vendors. Formerly, firearms sellers fell under “sporting goods” or “miscellaneous” sale codes.

Credit card companies using the new code could report “suspicious” gun sales to authorities, the ISO announced.

Some credit card companies already are using a unique code for firearms stores, according to the AGs’ letter.

Political Goals

The attorneys general say large corporations have taken policymaking into their own hands.

“Americans are tired of seeing corporate leverage used to advance political goals that cannot muster basic democratic support,” the letter says. “(This) move was prompted by years of pressure from ideologues and accomplished via an application by the union-owned Amalgamated Bank.”

Amalgamated Bank of New York was the frontrunner in pressuring the credit card companies’ standards board, ISO, to adopt the code. The bank had support from many Democratic members of Congress as well.

Bank President and CEO Priscilla Sims Brown said specifying gun-store purchases in credit card records could help stop gun violence. She also said the code would not block or impede “legal gun sales.”

The Republican attorneys general are doubtful.

“Categorizing the constitutionally protected right to purchase firearms unfairly singles out law-abiding merchants and consumers alike,” says the AGs’ letter.

“Creating and tracking this data only matters if your institutions are considering using that information to take further, harmful action,” the letter continues, “like infringing upon consumer privacy, inhibiting constitutionally protected purchases by selectively restricting the use of your payment systems, or otherwise withholding your financial services from targeted ‘disfavored’ merchants.”

‘Transnational Collusion’

The attorneys general said the code would not capture gun sales at department stores and couldn’t distinguish between a gun-safe and a firearms purchase, thus negating the good it was meant to do in flagging suspicious sales.

Some proponents of the new code have compared it to the suspicious activity reports required of banks. Again, the GOP attorneys general weren’t convinced.

“That analogy fails; (those reports) are specifically required by law and came about through a considered balancing of public safety and personal privacy,” says the letter. “(This code) is the result of transnational collusion between large corporations leveraging their market power to further their owners’ desired social outcomes.”

The letter says that social policy should be crafted “within our political institutions.”

Signatures

Along with Hill’s signature for Wyoming, the letter also was signed by the following attorneys general:

Along with Hill’s signature for Wyoming, the letter also was signed by the following attorneys general:
Jonathan Skrmetti, Tennessee
Austin Knudsen, Montana
Steve Marshall, Alabama
Daniel Cameron, Kentucky
Treg R. Taylor, Alaska
Jeff Landry, Louisiana
Mark Brnovich, Arizona
Lynn Fitch, Mississippi
Leslie C. Rutledge, Arkansas
Eric Schmitt, Missouri
Ashley Moody, Florida
Douglas J. Peterson, Nebraska