ATF Pistol Brace Amnesty?

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
That Guy
ArizonaShooting.org Member

ATF Pistol Brace Amnesty?

Post by That Guy »

It was gonna happen……sooner or later……
Fr’instance did y’all know that Gunsite, that bastion of firearms training won’t even allow anybody to use a pistol brace in any of their classes? In fact they specifically state in the course requirements for their “Pistol Caliber Carbine” class: “Weapons equipped with an arm brace will not be shot from the shoulder.”

aroyobob

Re: ATF Pistol Brace Amnesty?

Post by aroyobob »

pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Doc

Post by Doc »

Can braces still be legally purchased? Asking because free stamps.
DM47

Post by DM47 »

Doc wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 4:28 am Can braces still be legally purchased? Asking because free stamps.
Speculation: Why bother? If it's a "free" (lol!) stamp because it's becoming an SBR then why not use a stock?
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Yeah, maybe us guys who never comply with nuthin' will sell off our braces to fund new parts. Maybe if someone pays me 3X what I paid for mine.
DM47

Post by DM47 »

Also, another thread already started. Merge threads?

https://www.arizonashooting.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=17620
Cbvanb
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Cbvanb »

So, will they allow any brace or short stock? My wife has wanted a Troy collapsible stock for awhile now but the NFA paperwork discourages her. If it’s an online process and a free stamp she would probably go for it.
Attachments
1D51F4AC-6476-4D3D-8AA7-15D7C917BACD.jpeg
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Cbvanb wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 10:37 am So, will they allow any brace or short stock? My wife has wanted a Troy collapsible stock for awhile now but the NFA paperwork discourages her. If it’s an online process and a free stamp she would probably go for it.
It’s my belief, if there is an amnesty, the ATF will only allow firearms which already have a pistol brace. I say this because Tim Harmsen (the Obergruppenfuhrer of the Military Arms Channel) waxed long last year on one his YouTube videos (when the ATF was sniffing around another pistol brace ban/amnesty) encouraging people to take advantage of the amnesty and get a free NFA tax stamp to SBR long arms which never had a pistol brace. This in my opinion is why this “leak” (which may or may not have even been a leak) mentions that a photo of the braced firearm must be submitted with the Form 1 application to prevent this (Yes, the Gubment actually does watch YouTube).

So, as aside, it was kinda nice when pistol braces became common place on public ranges because Barney Fife range safety officers stopped trying to kick me off their range telling me my NFA exempt P-35 Inglis ( “CH” in the serial number) with original shoulder stock was illegal as I had no SBR NFA paperwork (happened at both Rio Salado and the Snottsdale Gun Club-they even threatened to call the Snottsdale Pooh Pooh). In fact it happened so often I literally had to print out the ATF NFA exemption section and take it to the range with me.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Guess I shouldn't have given away all my blade kits. Oh well.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Cbvanb wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 10:37 am So, will they allow any brace or short stock? My wife has wanted a Troy collapsible stock for awhile now but the NFA paperwork discourages her. If it’s an online process and a free stamp she would probably go for it.
That’s my question.

And more importantly will it be legal and up until when? Or did that already pass? Saw some for sale still.
AZHTfreak

Post by AZHTfreak »

Hello all you fudds/lemmings debating the merits of a "free" NFA reg. Have you taken stupid pills or were ya'll born obtuse? Let's see:
1. Name & address
2. Finger prints
3. Multi pics of the weapon
4. Smoking deal for a limited time, $0!
Thank you sir, may I bend over and have another?
0% compliance IS THE ONLY RESPONSE.

This thread brings to mind the Warsaw Jews in early 1940. "Oh sweetie, no worries, the Einsatzgruppen only want us to wear these little yellow stars, nothing to worry about!"

WTF, are you capable of thinking 3-4 moves ahead?

I am so done with drinking from a fire hose of Socio-Fascist diarrhea on a daily basis, only to catch this thread about rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic...
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

AZHTfreak wrote: September 6th, 2022, 9:35 pm This thread brings to mind the Warsaw Jews in early 1940. "Oh sweetie, no worries, the Einsatzgruppen only want us to wear these little yellow stars, nothing to worry about!"

WTF, are you capable of thinking 3-4 moves ahead?

I am so done with drinking from a fire hose of Socio-Fascist diarrhea on a daily basis, only to catch this thread about rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic...
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
This guy gets it!

This is clearly all an overstep by ATF, and when their rules get overturned in court, they still have millions of newly registered SBRs as a result of their efforts. These are the same people that say they're coming for your AR-15s, so I don't know why anyone would go along with this unless you're already planning to SBR something.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Then the joke continues, it didn’t start its life as a pistol so you can’t return it to its original state by removing the brace and selling it as a pistol. Only thing you can do is buy a new upper or a new barrel and make it a 16+ inch rifle or sell it as an SBR and the next dude pays the Form 4 tax.

Try selling a $600 AR to a guy who has to pay you, them pay uncle sugar $200 and wait a year to get their AR. There is no market.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

^^^ AND to add to what Tony just said, the AR that you bought from a private seller will now be in YOUR name in the NFA registry.

this is almost a way for the ATF to have a firearm registry without using the verbiage of registry...is everyone starting to get it???