People required to hand over social media accounts to carry a concealed handgun in New York

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
oldslurrydog1
ArizonaShooting.org Member

People required to hand over social media accounts to carry a concealed handgun in New York

Post by oldslurrydog1 »

Why people still live in these states makes me shake my head.

https://www.al.com/news/2022/07/people- ... -york.html

G34

Re: People required to hand over social media accounts to carry a concealed handgun in New York

Post by G34 »

why ppl still use social media?
oldslurrydog1

Re: People required to hand over social media accounts to carry a concealed handgun in New York

Post by oldslurrydog1 »

Wouldn't this site be considered social media? Just saying
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

But anyone can simply CLAIM to have no social media. So the government will obviously need to make any background check include use of data mining services to uncover your entire internet footprint to verify whether you have truthfully revealed your social media history or not. Companies like https://www.damcogroup.com/data-mining- ... mpany.html will be utilized to research you, and the costs will no doubt be passed on to you in the form of your application fees. Your internet traffic can be discovered merely from your home address, which has it's own ISP, as does your phone. Unless you have always only accessed the webz at the library or your girlfriend's house,...a data mining company can show you access this forum regularly, which can lead to a demand that you reveal your username. If you refuse because you claim it is not relevant,...sorry Charlie,...you're application is denied.
Cmoor

Post by Cmoor »

Someone I know uses an alias on fakebook and all social sites. Just telling you for a friend...
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Cmoor wrote: July 8th, 2022, 10:02 pm Someone I know uses an alias on fakebook and all social sites. Just telling you for a friend...
That is a good first step. But as I say, unless you mask where your ISP has connected to, interested parties (the government) can see you have visited certain internet sites they are curious about. They may not be able to see what you have done there, but can demand you reveal it to them, and deny your permit(s) if you don't.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

oldslurrydog1 wrote: July 8th, 2022, 6:14 pm Wouldn't this site be considered social media? Just saying
Yes.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Another in a series of steps before a Social Credit Score is instituted in the US, just like there is in China.
GunNut

Post by GunNut »

Nazi Germany