UPS Cuts Off Gun Parts Retailers for Selling ‘Ghost Guns,’ Threatens to Seize and Destroy In-Transit Packages

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

UPS Cuts Off Gun Parts Retailers for Selling ‘Ghost Guns,’ Threatens to Seize and Destroy In-Transit Packages

Post by AZ_Five56 »

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/break ... -packages/

United Parcel Service is terminating the accounts of gun dealers across the country. Any packages currently in the UPS system may be “seized and destroyed.”

In a letter sent to one Florida gun dealer, Ghost Firearms, UPS said they were terminating the account because they “may be violating” laws concerning homemade firearm parts.

“We write to inform you that UPS has learned that your company may be violating applicable laws concerning the shipment of “ghost guns” to unauthorized locations,” the letter states. “In light of our concern, UPS has determined that it will cancel your account, effective immediately.

Ghost’s owner, Joe Zatar was told all scheduled pickups will be canceled, and that he cannot reopen another UPS account or ship anything from a UPS store or website.

He is most concerned about the packages already in the UPS system, which he may have already lost.

“Please note that any package found in the UPS system determined to have been tendered by GHOST FIREARMS may be seized and destroyed,” the letter states.

“I just shipped more than $30,000 worth of products,” he said.

Zatar immediately called his UPS sales rep, who said he had no idea the account was terminated.

Ghost Firearms sells uppers, lowers, handguards and OEM parts for a number of manufacturers. They also sell 80% receivers.

“We do not ship to states where they’re not allowed,” Zatar said. “We are in total compliance. We had ATF in here just two weeks ago, and they told us we were completely legal.”

UPS’ Media Relations personnel did not return calls or emails seeking comment for this story.

AZHTfreak
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: UPS Cuts Off Gun Parts Retailers for Selling ‘Ghost Guns,’ Threatens to Seize and Destroy In-Transit Packages

Post by AZHTfreak »

The Bolshevek virus is everywhere...
Attachments
Screenshot_20220629-142749_Samsung Internet.jpg
thom

Re: UPS Cuts Off Gun Parts Retailers for Selling ‘Ghost Guns,’ Threatens to Seize and Destroy In-Transit Packages

Post by thom »

Wouldn't UPS be responsible for giving the shippers back their products or paying for what was "lost"?
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

thom wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 2:12 pm Wouldn't UPS be responsible for giving the shippers back their products or paying for what was "lost"?
If they're seizing, that's theft, point blank. I didn't see anywhere where they would pay the vendor/customer for their loss if they seize the packages, theft. This will not survive in the courts, if it does, we're headed into dangerous waters. The carriers do not have the legal authority to take these actions.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Vinnie B

Post by Vinnie B »

Absolute BS for UPS to do this. I also saw where they did the same to Brownell's. Hopefully all the other gun, sporting goods and ammo sellers tell UPS to eat a dick and ship elsewhere. I know when I have the choice to select a carrier it will NOT be these communist liberal brown clowns.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

When something affects policies industry-wide, it usually originates from insurance dictates by insurers. I'd bet if one dug deep enough, some insurance conglomerate common to all these shippers is the real source of this push.
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

Opens up a huge opportunity for someone with know how and capital to become a preferred shipper for the industry. I had read this whole thing earlier and personally will no longer use UPS for anything.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Well,...here it is. Here's what's REALLY going on.