Glock switches now being made by 3D printers locally - no longer a Chinese import problem

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Glock switches now being made by 3D printers locally - no longer a Chinese import problem

Post by Suck My Glock »

At least in Texas, according to this article, Glock conversion apparatuses are being made domestically via powdered metal additive manufacturing - 3D printing - and intercepting them coming in from China is doing nothing to stop their "proliferation".

3D printers of metal components used to cost 1 million dollars, but have dropped down to the $100,000 mark for similar capabilities. But those are industrial versions. Table-top models meant to just make small bits like watch gears (and Glock switches) are available now for just $8,000 and getting cheaper all the time. Combine that with the autoCAD files available over the internet via Defense Distributed and other 3D printed gun guys,...we are rapidly approaching the day gun control becomes impossible.

https://www.cbsnews.com/dfw/news/i-team ... 5rx0ydtEWo

OMart

Re: Glock switches now being made by 3D printers locally - no longer a Chinese import problem

Post by OMart »

I have read that law enforcement in Tennessee, particularly around Memphis has run across many of these in the last few months.
mtptwo

Re: Glock switches now being made by 3D printers locally - no longer a Chinese import problem

Post by mtptwo »

I love when the genie is so out of the bottle, it is damn near impossible to enforce the laws on the books now.
Az desert rat 1

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

Where there's a will there's a way. They will always find a way.