Is This A Start?

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Drmark
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Is This A Start?

Post by Drmark »

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/pol ... d=85165054

I'm all in for cracking down on these POS trying to "be all bad" on social media, but this article points to all the failures we have with gun control to date.

Razai
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Is This A Start?

Post by Razai »

21 prior arrests.
I have worked in corrections for years, and this is nuts.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

According to the Anti’s, we are all Raheems
OH-MAN

Post by OH-MAN »

Stupid is as stupid does.
I think this applies to the enforcement and the upstanding citizen with 21 prior charges.
Why is this pillar of the community still out and about?
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

"Noting 21 prior arrests that resulted in nine convictions which included firearm and drug crimes..."

Why the f*ck is this person on the streets at all?
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

QuietM4 wrote: June 4th, 2022, 8:48 pm "Noting 21 prior arrests that resulted in nine convictions which included firearm and drug crimes..."

Because - scumbag elected DAs are who are pandering to their criminal voter pool, in the name of "social justice" - and are refusing to prosecute criminals. Amazing how stupid these people are. They clearly missed the lesson that says "you get more of whatever behavior you reward."

Someone near and dear to me was a Phoenix cop for a year or so. One of the events that drove them to change their mind and career path was the action of the local DA offices. I heard two stories... one about arresting the same dude 14 times in a month (beer runs etc.) - they'd be out in the morning. The other was about arresting a well seasoned gang-banger felon (guy in his late 30s) who had distinguished rap sheet that included multiple violent felonies and prison stints. Well, this dude pitched a gun while trying to elude them. My friend worked until the wee hours of the morning writing paperwork to make sure it was tight - but it made no difference - the dude was back on the street the next day.

Apparently being a criminal is no longer criminal in the minds of our elected law enforcement folks. My friend said something to the effect of: "I had determined that I was willing to risk my life to make my community a better place. If the justice system is not going to hold and punish violent felons for carrying a gun - I guess I'm not really making my community any better - so why put my life on the line." Peace out...
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

BigNate wrote: June 10th, 2022, 3:57 pm
QuietM4 wrote: June 4th, 2022, 8:48 pm "Noting 21 prior arrests that resulted in nine convictions which included firearm and drug crimes..."

Because - scumbag elected DAs are who are pandering to their criminal voter pool, in the name of "social justice" - and are refusing to prosecute criminals. Amazing how stupid these people are. They clearly missed the lesson that says "you get more of whatever behavior you reward."

Someone near and dear to me was a Phoenix cop for a year or so. One of the events that drove them to change their mind and career path was the action of the local DA offices. I heard two stories... one about arresting the same dude 14 times in a month (beer runs etc.) - they'd be out in the morning. The other was about arresting a well seasoned gang-banger felon (guy in his late 30s) who had distinguished rap sheet that included multiple violent felonies and prison stints. Well, this dude pitched a gun while trying to elude them. My friend worked until the wee hours of the morning writing paperwork to make sure it was tight - but it made no difference - the dude was back on the street the next day.

Apparently being a criminal is no longer criminal in the minds of our elected law enforcement folks. My friend said something to the effect of: "I had determined that I was willing to risk my life to make my community a better place. If the justice system is not going to hold and punish violent felons for carrying a gun - I guess I'm not really making my community any better - so why put my life on the line." Peace out...
There is no point in arresting people if the DA's aren't going to bother to convict them. Hopefully DA's getting recalled, as just happened in San Francisco, is the start of a massive wave of recalls of similarly minded DA's across the country. At some point, a federal judge is going to allow a lawsuit against a DA for failing to do their job that resulted in a negligent homicide, and the legal liability shield of Qualified Immunity will be successfully pierced. That should wake up some DA's into actually doing their job effectively.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

Here's a novel idea.

Don't post what you have and showcase it on social media for approval from random people on the internet.
Matwell

Post by Matwell »

News station in Seattle did this documentary re just this... "Fight for the Soul of Seattle" on YouTube...
it's just crazy...

Firewhenready7

Post by Firewhenready7 »

Well criminals are not very smart...Why was he still out in society?