A mass shooting that didn't happen

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

A mass shooting that didn't happen

Post by smithers599 »

BigNate

Re: A mass shooting that didn't happen

Post by BigNate »

Thanks for sharing. There are more of these than we know - they don't receive the hype that the other stories do...
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Smithers is the only one shedding any light on this one ✅
thom

Post by thom »

Yes Smithers is. He is the only member with enough time to follow the different websites.
Cmoor

Post by Cmoor »

Statistics show far more lives are saved each year by good guys with guns than bad guys killing innocent people.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Cmoor wrote: May 27th, 2022, 10:29 am Statistics show far more lives are saved each year by good guys with guns than bad guys killing innocent people.
I suspect that most of the folks here understand this. The problem is that huge portions of the population never hear that message - because the agenda within the mainstream media is to paint the exact opposite picture.

Unfortunately it appears that pro-gun organizations tend to focus on speaking to pro-gun people - and us pro-gun folks, while we tend to support their efforts, are not the ones that need to be reached.
oldslurrydog1

Post by oldslurrydog1 »

Cmoor wrote: May 27th, 2022, 10:29 am Statistics show far more lives are saved each year by good guys with guns than bad guys killing innocent people.
Any stat report links to corroborate that statement?
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

oldslurrydog1 wrote: May 27th, 2022, 6:13 pm
Google John Lott Defensive Gun Uses

ETA -- Well, not Google. Use DuckDuckGo.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

https://datavisualizations.heritage.org ... YoExYsViT8

There are more, many more, stat sources, but they are tough to find. Why would that be.......A few years ago, I dug a bunch up, ill see if I can remember where they hid them.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Cmoor's statement is on target:

Citizens use their firearms between 500,000 and 3 million times each year

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cd ... -deterrent
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

BigNate wrote: May 27th, 2022, 12:28 pm

I suspect that most of the folks here understand this. The problem is that huge portions of the population never hear that message - because the agenda within the mainstream media is to paint the exact opposite picture.

Unfortunately it appears that pro-gun organizations tend to focus on speaking to pro-gun people - and us pro-gun folks, while we tend to support their efforts, are not the ones that need to be reached.
Some folks say they're "pro gun", but, when you ask them it's all about, but, you don't need this or that, or, I believe in the 2A but...................... I know of many demonrats who own guns, hell, look at the other board with AZ in the title. Lots of commies got guns, but they're certainly not "pro gun", nor pro rights. FUDDS is what we generally call them, they own a shotgun and a rifled scope and perceive that to be what the 2A is about.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Breitbart linked the article this a/m, but I didn't check anywhere else.
Cmoor

Post by Cmoor »

Thanks for the above references. I also remember reading FBI stats several years ago supporting the same thing. I heard when other countries like England and Australia started doing their bans the homicide rate went up even though homicides by guns went down. Bottom line if homicide rates went up you were more likely to die. Does the method really matter to the dead person or their loved ones? Guns are not the problem. Modern sporting rifles are only a threat to animals and tyrants.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

kenpoprofessor wrote: May 28th, 2022, 6:49 am
BigNate wrote: May 27th, 2022, 12:28 pm

Some folks say they're "pro gun", but, when you ask them it's all about, but, you don't need this or that, or, I believe in the 2A but...................... I know of many demonrats who own guns, hell, look at the other board with AZ in the title. Lots of commies got guns, but they're certainly not "pro gun", nor pro rights. FUDDS is what we generally call them, they own a shotgun and a rifled scope and perceive that to be what the 2A is about.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Agreed - FUDDS pretend to be something they are not, the type to attack you from behind when you are not looking.
oldslurrydog1

Post by oldslurrydog1 »

Tenring wrote: May 28th, 2022, 5:17 am
https://datavisualizations.heritage.org ... YoExYsViT8

There are more, many more, stat sources, but they are tough to find. Why would that be.......A few years ago, I dug a bunch up, ill see if I can remember where they hid them.
My point is that he needs to show his evidence for his statement. Not up to me to do his research.