Canik Mete SFX

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Pro2a
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Canik Mete SFX

Post by Pro2a »

I "upgraded" from the original SFX, mainly because the rear sight stays on now, with the plate off, even though there are some "dot off" sighting/aiming techniques being taught out there now, but nevertheless it's not going to be a negative having iron sights on there.
The Mete adds ambi controls, an ez on/off magwell, and a recontoured frame. It must be slight, as I couldn't really feel a difference.
What I didn't hear mention of is the "different" trigger. A Canik factory trigger is the best trigger I have diddled with, out of the box. I have had no complaints from fellow shooters either, but I think they made this trigger even better.
Having taken a couple classes from AJ Zito, super 1911 builder, and underrated instructor, he talks about how he prefers a rolling trigger break, as opposed to the "crisp clean snapping glass rod" comparison that everyone raves about.
To that point, I swear they put a rolling break on this trigger, so when the shot breaks, it feels like it just happens. It doesn't give you the glass rod breaking feel that changes the finger pressure all of the sudden, and may facilitate muzzle/frame movement; at least in dry fire.
For those of you concerned about the reset (I have become less concerned over the past year after a couple advanced classes,) it's so dam short, I call it in 1911 territory.
Thinking "wow this trigger seems a bit smooth and light," I got out the trusty ol' Lyman electronic trigger gauge, and took 5 pulls.... 3.12, 3.15, 3.11, 3.10, 3.13.
If nothing else, it sure is a consistent 3.1ish pounds.
Only downside found so far... The two RD plates included for non-rmr footprints are plastic, so F that.
A far cry from the four aluminum plates the original came with.
I'm going with the trusty Holosun 507c that shares the rmr footprint, so no crappy plastic plates needed.
Fully loaded with 20 rounds the weight comes in at 38.1ozs.
My P320 carry weighs 39.5ozs, with a 507c.
So the claimed weight of the 1.5oz 507c would even that out, BUT I'm getting 3 more rounds and 1.25 more inches of barrel accuracy. At this point I'm thinking is there a way to stuff this in my crotch area, and I'm sure there's something that Reconshawn can come up with.
As for the anything else, I'm gunna go run it a bit tomorrow, and add.....

The baby Canik is a tool that comes with 3 torx bits in the grip

knockonit

Re: Canik Mete SFX

Post by knockonit »

mighty handsome, i have the first offering with a venom on it, have to say, it does what is supposed to if ole guy does his part, am waiting on a taller front site to install, as i suffer greatly from ""the lost red dot'' syndrone heheh, just ole i reckon
Rj
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

knockonit wrote: May 14th, 2022, 8:23 am mighty handsome, i have the first offering with a venom on it, have to say, it does what is supposed to if ole guy does his part, am waiting on a taller front site to install, as i suffer greatly from ""the lost red dot'' syndrone heheh, just ole i reckon
Rj
Yes I got one with a Venom package back in the day for like $525!!!
If you need help finding the dot, I can help with that someday if you wish.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

So I'll be heading over to Shawn's shop to figure out a way to comfortably stuff this thing in my crotch.
I figure if dudes are concealing Glock 34s, there a way to do it with this.
Trigger's lovely, maybe a bit light, but that rolling break is something to behold.
I think the sights are set a bit high- let's look at the groups....

The first group was at 5 yards, and I was totally happy with that.

The second group at 10 yards was a bit high, but I thought nothing other than still with the 8 inch standard of "the good stuff."

But when we get to 25 yards, the vast majority of attempted head shots went unacceptably high.
So I shot another group with a small adjustment.
With the exception of that flyer (you don't see nuffin,) I made four headshots while aiming all at the neck.
And just to confirm my suspicions, I had a friend shoot a group and those went high as well.

I have a solution, a dot will fix all this...hahaha
It's a great gun, go buy one.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Ive fingered a few caniks and Ive always been impressed, maybe time to pick on up
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Totally...Go for it, total value
It has to be possible, I just took a class from a dude who's hides a PDP with a light, I think it's comped too.....