Dirty Harry Lives Again...

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
THE ICEMAN
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Dirty Harry Lives Again...

Post by THE ICEMAN »

Yep, this article is about a year old but it was new to me... The NEW .44 Auto Mag: Return of the King

Okay, let it be known I was lusting after one of these well before Sudden Impact came out... Image

I used to own a Desert Eagle .44 Mag & found it to be quite manageable. I ended up selling it to one of the Board members here when I needed the cash. I told myself I would own another one day.

I always loved the profile of this firearm & have always gravitated towards a big bore (less so in my older years)... Oh yeah, the $4000 +/- price tag is nothing to sneeze at but if I had the cash to burn I would more than likely snatch one up...

If you decide you might want one, here ya go... https://automag.com/?utm_source=GunsAmerica

What say ye? Would you own one?

Ballistic Therapy

Re: Dirty Harry Lives Again...

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I would own one , but I wouldn't pay that kind of money for one.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

I think DemoRanch did a video on the "new" ones recently. He had nothing but trouble with it.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Gun Stories With Joe Montegna on Outdoor channel did an episode on the Automag last year. They had one of these re-issues as well as originals. Supposedly the new ones have addressed issues with the original design making it more reliable, but its still a non commercially loaded caliber. No interest in making my own cases and all that. I lusted after one of these in the glass case at Mandall's Shooting Supplies back in the early eighties. But even then it cost more than i made in a month. I would pay now what that one was selling for back then, but not 4K. Cool piece of history. I always thought this had something to do with Arcadia Machine and Tool (AMT) But the show outdoor channel did seemed to dispute that thought. I know AMT did the Automag II which was a .22 mag. I still have one of those i bought way back in the day.
Drmark
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Drmark »

AMT made cool looking guns!
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

Drmark wrote: May 12th, 2022, 8:30 am AMT made cool looking guns!
truth here

one of the coolest 1911's I ever had was an AMT Hardballer Long Slide. It was straight out of the Terminator, super cool pistola.

I traded it to PizzaMan and never saw it again, but it was a fun shooter.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

yippers on the AMT's wished i'd kept the ones i've had over the years, along with a few D Wessons i traded off,

although have to say that SA came out with a new carry 9mm in 1911 style platform, called the :"emissary'' dang good looking
Rj
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

XJThrottle wrote: May 12th, 2022, 6:30 am I think DemoRanch did a video on the "new" ones recently. He had nothing but trouble with it.
Which, if my understanding is correct, means that it is just like the original one... :-(
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

I own a couple original ones. They had problems back then as they will always have problems. I looked at buying all the parts that were already made and the tooling to make more but decided to walk from it. The entire company was for sale on gunbroker for a while. I really didnt want to deal with ahole gunowners when the novelty gun didnt always work right.
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

I used to own a Desert Eagle .44 Mag & found it to be quite manageable. I ended up selling it to one of the Board members here when I needed the cash. I told myself I would own another one day.

You want to buy one? You will have to buy all the ammo with it.
THE ICEMAN

Post by THE ICEMAN »

h8pvmnt wrote: May 12th, 2022, 8:13 am Gun Stories With Joe Montegna on Outdoor channel did an episode on the Automag last year. They had one of these re-issues as well as originals. Supposedly the new ones have addressed issues with the original design making it more reliable, but its still a non commercially loaded caliber. No interest in making my own cases and all that. I lusted after one of these in the glass case at Mandall's Shooting Supplies back in the early eighties. But even then it cost more than i made in a month. I would pay now what that one was selling for back then, but not 4K. Cool piece of history. I always thought this had something to do with Arcadia Machine and Tool (AMT) But the show outdoor channel did seemed to dispute that thought. I know AMT did the Automag II which was a .22 mag. I still have one of those i bought way back in the day.
The cases are readily available... https://www.starlinebrass.com/44-auto-mag-brass
As are the dies if you're not in a hurry to get them... https://www.opticsplanet.com/v/546545-h ... %20-%20All
792mauser

Post by 792mauser »

A cool looking chunk o metal.
I'd buy one for the novelty of it iffn I could swing the cash.
samnev

Post by samnev »

Not my cup of tea. But beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Az desert rat 1

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

Always liked the looks of it. But it's out of my price range.