SCCY CPX-2 9mm Gun Review: Cheap Isn’t Always Better

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
oldslurrydog1
ArizonaShooting.org Member

SCCY CPX-2 9mm Gun Review: Cheap Isn’t Always Better

Post by oldslurrydog1 »

SCCY CPX-2 9mm Gun Review: Cheap Isn’t Always Better - 19FortyFive
https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/05/scc ... ys-better/

OMart

Re: SCCY CPX-2 9mm Gun Review: Cheap Isn’t Always Better

Post by OMart »

Honestly, I try to talk people out of buying these. The weapon itself has great ergonomics but it has the most god awful trigger on earth. Seriously, a Taurus G2C feels like a Canik Salient trigger compared to these awful things. However I am curious to try SCCY's new striker fired weapon. RIA revolvers in DA have a better trigger.
GunNut

Post by GunNut »

The new SCCY DVG is much more improved
Far lighter trigger pull, better features
Well worth the money
aroyobob

Post by aroyobob »

What's with the scratches on the slide and the plastic worn away from the slide release lever? "Where am I going to get a sample for this article. Oh, I know, I'll just look around the gravel parking lot outside the local dive nightclub and find one somebody threw away after the shootout at 2am. Just run over by a few of the escaping vehicles, good as new!"
brandonsmash

Post by brandonsmash »

I have some variant of SCCY like this as a truck gun. I don't like the way it feels in the hand -- the grip is just a weird length and depth for me -- and it's not pleasant to shoot. That said, I've never had a malfunction with it. It is purely a defensive weapon; it just needs to function properly.

To be fair, before I even ran a single round through it I stripped it, cleaned it, and polished the feed ramp and sliding surfaces.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

brandonsmash wrote: May 11th, 2022, 6:30 am I have some variant of SCCY like this as a truck gun. I don't like the way it feels in the hand -- the grip is just a weird length and depth for me -- and it's not pleasant to shoot. That said, I've never had a malfunction with it. It is purely a defensive weapon; it just needs to function properly.

To be fair, before I even ran a single round through it I stripped it, cleaned it, and polished the feed ramp and sliding surfaces.
I felt the same on the recoil, the 9mm bangs the shizz outta my hand...When it came out in .380, it was much more pleasant to shoot.
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

Just my opinion but shouldn't you be totally comfortable with your EDC and self defense weapons? If I didn't like shooting one specific weapon I doubt I would want to rely on it to save my life.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

SupportTheSecond wrote: May 11th, 2022, 9:56 am Just my opinion but shouldn't you be totally comfortable with your EDC and self defense weapons? If I didn't like shooting one specific weapon I doubt I would want to rely on it to save my life.
^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^
brandonsmash

Post by brandonsmash »

I don't carry it (this gun lives in the truck, and I have other handguns set up for on-person carry) so comfort in a holster isn't paramount to me. It's not an amazing fit to my hand but the controls are intuitive and I can readily put it on target quickly and repeatedly. It's very much function over form for this one.

If in the unlikely situation I would have to actually use a firearm for defense, "pleasant to hold" wouldn't be something I'm thinking about: It's just about using the weapon and putting rounds where they need to be.