RECALL- CZ 600 bolt action rifle

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
xerts1911
ArizonaShooting.org Member

RECALL- CZ 600 bolt action rifle

Post by xerts1911 »

GringoLoco

Re: RECALL- CZ 600 bolt action rifle

Post by GringoLoco »

thanks for the info!

however, hard to stop using something that i've been searching for but can't find anywhere.

hope they fix soon!
Intel6

Post by Intel6 »

One of the biggest innovative things touted about the new CZ600 was that it had user changeable barrels/bolt heads that made it more versatile. Well the recall says that if the barrels aren't installed correctly they can still fire and I assume blow up. So what are they doing? They are permanently mounting the barrels in the receivers and canceling that feature. They already scrubbed the "Feature" from their website. Too bad, I always liked the idea of user caliber changes.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Intel6 wrote: May 12th, 2022, 6:38 am One of the biggest innovative things touted about the new CZ600 was that it had user changeable barrels/bolt heads that made it more versatile. Well the recall says that if the barrels aren't installed correctly they can still fire and I assume blow up. So what are they doing? They are permanently mounting the barrels in the receivers and canceling that feature. They already scrubbed the "Feature" from their website. Too bad, I always liked the idea of user caliber changes.
I'm trying to envision this... the barrel brings the chamber with it... so the bolt can pull a cartridge out of the magazine and hold it against the bolt face well enough to hold it stable to strike the primer with the pin - all without pressing the shoulder of the cartridge into the chamber?

Not saying that it "can't" happen - I just can't imagine how...

I guess the other note would be that if this is true - the few folks who hang on to theirs and don't send them back to be "fixed" will own a pretty cool piece of history (and maybe valuable too).