HK, Glock or Sig?

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Rock Hardson
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: HK, Glock or Sig?

Post by Rock Hardson »

QuangTri wrote: April 6th, 2022, 9:07 pm Being a .45 ACP fan. the HK does not come in that flavor AFAIK. Have a Glock 30, still do not like the trigger, but there really is no substitute in .45 other than the 1911. Have one of those as well.

Always interested in trying other .45 variants, but they are rare, smothered by 9mm stuff.
Try a Walther PPQ in 45 acp. It is exactly like a HK VP9, save the mag release. I have one and love it

BigNate

Post by BigNate »

QuangTri wrote: April 6th, 2022, 9:07 pm Being a .45 ACP fan. the HK does not come in that flavor AFAIK. Have a Glock 30, still do not like the trigger, but there really is no substitute in .45 other than the 1911. Have one of those as well.

Always interested in trying other .45 variants, but they are rare, smothered by 9mm stuff.
I have an ancient G30 that was my EDC gun for many many years. I have a lot of love for that gun - but I don't "love it" if that makes any sense. It was the best gun I owned for the EDC purpose - in that it was absolutely reliable, had lots of capacity for its size while still being chambered in .45ACP (two more rounds than a standard 1911 but in a much more compact package). But... that gen 3 Glock trigger was / is... well... oooofff... LOL

I've got the HK USP on my "must get one some day" list - but it will probably never be an EDC gun for me.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

As to the "Glock vs HK vs Sig" question... I can't think of a modern Glock, HK, or Sig in a personal-defense appropriate caliber / platform that I would not trust to defend my life. All three companies make very high quality, reliable, firearms. In terms of what I have chosen to purchase over time, I have more Sig than I do HK or Glock.

Every single "which is the best" argument is going to boil down to a whole bunch of variables around price, purpose, fit, feel, outfitting, etc. The very best gun for one guy will be different than the very best gun for another guy. The very best open carry duty gun will be quite different than the very best concealed carry EDC gun, which will be very different than the best range day plinking for fun with family and friends gun, which will be very different than the very best IPSC Open Division gun...
Last edited by BigNate on April 7th, 2022, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

My order of preference would be Glock, Sig, then HK. Reason being is the support behind those platforms, both OEM and after-market. There is no Koch-Meister. Sig has at least 3-premium dealers here in town. You get my drift, I'm sure.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

CE9699BA-C52C-4540-9B93-445031CD2434.jpeg