The only one professional enough,...

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Dauph
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: The only one professional enough,...

Post by Dauph »

WTF was that?

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Dauph wrote: February 14th, 2024, 8:17 pmWTF was that?
I'm guessing an acorn hit his head and he thought it was a grazing bullet? I don't know.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

An acorn fell on the car and he thought it was gun shot.
Dauph

Post by Dauph »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: February 14th, 2024, 8:37 pm An acorn fell on the car and he thought it was gun shot.
He thought he got hit correct? No bang just a hit from something? Was there a previous situation making BP high?
hrob

Post by hrob »

I'll bet the heroic officer Hernandez never felt the humiliating sting of handcuffs for that shameful performance. He didn't even suffer the ignominy of being terminated. He was allowed to resign. How nice! Now he can go get hired at a different agency and ply his brave trade at the expense of another community. I wonder what would have happened to me if I, in an irrational panic, unleashed at least 18 rounds at something/someone that wasn't a threat at all? In a community full of people?

I'm pretty sure I know exactly what the consequences would be and it wouldn't be anything close to the non-consequences of officer Hernandez.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

THAT one needs a bit more context.......

OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — Marquis Jackson recently shared, publicly, the story of what might have been the scariest day of his life.

It all began at 8:42 a.m. on Nov. 12, 2023, on McLaren Circle, when the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office received a call of a vehicle driving around honking its horn, disrupting the peace since 3 a.m.

A woman then called the sheriff’s office, accusing Jackson, 22, of taking a vehicle and sending threats via text message and phone calls.

According to the sheriff’s office, Jackson arrived at the scene around 9:09 a.m.; he was detained, searched, handcuffed and placed in the rear of Deputy Jesse Hernandez’s patrol vehicle.

The woman then completed an affidavit for a stolen vehicle. She told deputies Jackson had a silencer, but she wasn’t sure where it was, and that he had more than one weapon.

When Hernandez was returning with a Victim’s Rights form for the woman, other deputies had communicated they found her vehicle, according to the news release.

Hernandez then approached the passenger side rear door of his patrol vehicle to do a secondary search of Jackson when he heard a pop sound, which he thought was a gunshot, and believed he had been hit, according to an OCSO news release.

Hernandez yelled “shots fired” multiple times, fell to the ground, rolled and began firing in the patrol car, according to body camera footage of the incident.

Sgt. Beth Roberts then began firing into the vehicle in response to the perceived threat after she saw Hernandez’s response, reaction, and fear for his life.

Jackson escaped injury, and no weapon was located, the OCSO said.

Witnesses said they heard what they thought could have been a muffled gunshot, according to an OCSO news release. Three News 5 reporters listened to the body camera footage and did not hear the sound described.

Hernandez, who had been with OCSO since January 2022, resigned on Dec. 4, 2023, according to the OCSO. Roberts has been with OCSO since May 2008.

Both were current on resistance training and firearms qualifications, according to the sheriff’s office.

The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office Professional Standards conducted an internal investigation and determined Hernandez’s use of force was not objectively reasonable, according to an OCSO news release.

Hernandez violated policy regarding excessive use of control to resistance, the release said.

The investigation determined that Roberts’ use of deadly force was objectively reasonable, and she was exonerated, according to OCSO.

The OCSO Criminal Investigations Division reviewed the incident after initial investigation for any possible criminal charges.

The sheriff’s office also reportedly requested an independent review by the 1st Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office. Ultimately, no probable cause for criminal charges was found.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: February 14th, 2024, 8:37 pm An acorn fell on the car and he thought it was gun shot.
GGic16vXAAAkoh-.jpg
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

428399830_720063036973429_5171207528937133239_n.jpg