Gun deal went bad in Chino Valley on Sunday

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Miker12
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Gun deal went bad in Chino Valley on Sunday

Post by Miker12 »

Chino Valley Police Department

NEWS RELEASE **UPDATE**
Phoenix Man Shot and Killed in Chino Valley

In regard to the fatal shooting that occurred at a residence in Chino Valley on December 19th, 2021, preliminary investigation revealed that the victim responded to the residence in 1500 block of Golden Drive in order to contact the suspect for some type of property exchange. During their interaction, the suspect produced a handgun and fatally shot the victim in the face/neck. The victim was identified as 47-year-old Gabino Terrazas Saenz, of Phoenix Arizona. The suspect was identified as 62-year-old Christopher Wendt, of Chino Valley Arizona. Wendt was arrested and booked into the Yavapai County Jail, in Camp Verde, on homicide related charges.

No further information will be released in order to maintain the integrity of the case. As with all arrests and/or persons charged with a criminal offense, the suspect is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty through due process of law.

The Chino Valley Police Department is asking anyone with information regarding the shooting to contact us at (928) 771-3260. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can report any information to Silent Witness at (800) 932-3232 or on the web at www.yavapaisw.com

The medical team first on-scene said that it appeared to have been a weapon sale gone sour. But if you know anything let CVPD know.

https://www.dcourier.com/news/2021/dec/ ... undays-fa/

tripletap

Re: Gun deal went bad in Chino Valley on Sunday

Post by tripletap »

welp
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

This could have been something unrelated to guns
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Where does it say it was a gun deal gone wrong?
Az desert rat 1

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

Firearms, drugs, kittens, who knows. Was it justified or self-defense? Did the suspect defend himself, or overreact to something? All you can do is speculate.
Miker12

Post by Miker12 »

XJThrottle wrote: December 21st, 2021, 3:32 pm Where does it say it was a gun deal gone wrong?
I said it because I talked with the first responders who attempted to save the dead man personally...Insider information on WHY the pistol AND rifle were considered evidence by the PD
DoubleAlpha

Post by DoubleAlpha »

According to Chino V. PD shooter is Christopher Wendt.
Seller of the G45 here is instead Pennys Dad, which according to his profile and previous posts is the alias for NRA instructor Jacob Rascon.
So not related unless Wendt hacked pennysdad account here.
Cmoor

Post by Cmoor »

DoubleAlpha wrote: December 21st, 2021, 11:51 pm According to Chino V. PD shooter is Christopher Wendt.
Seller of the G45 here is instead Pennys Dad, which according to his profile and previous posts is the alias for NRA instructor Jacob Rascon.
So not related unless Wendt hacked pennysdad account here.
I know Penny's dad AKA Jacob Rascon he is a very nice guy and you are right, he is definitely not the shooter..
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

Miker12 wrote: December 21st, 2021, 1:34 pm The victim was identified as 47-year-old Gabino Terrazas Saenz, of Phoenix Arizona.
Call me a racist Karen but my red flags go up when someone still uses the three-name system.
A lot of the violent stuff in Tucson appears to emanate from one three name person doing another three name person wrong.
Simplistic ? Sure. But, reinforced by the news almost daily.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

needsmostuff wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 7:23 am
Miker12 wrote: December 21st, 2021, 1:34 pm The victim was identified as 47-year-old Gabino Terrazas Saenz, of Phoenix Arizona.
Call me a racist Karen but my red flags go up when someone still uses the three-name system.
A lot of the violent stuff in Tucson appears to emanate from one three name person doing another three name person wrong.
The four name ones are the real worry. They will interchange the combo of the first two and the last two for multiple identities.

Jose Jesus Salazar Sanchez...

Jose Sanchez
Jose Salazar
Jesus Sanchez
Jesus Salazar

Four names. All the same dude. Same initials....
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

“ Call me a racist Karen but my red flags go up when someone still uses the three-name system.”
Yep-yer goll durned right! Just check out this list of NON-WHITE and scurrilous THREE namers:

Jesus of Nazareth
Billy Ray Cyrus
Jerry Lee Lewis
Stevie Ray Vaughn
David Lee Roth
Joseph of Arimathea
Jamie Lee Curtis
John Paul Jones
John Quincey Adams
Oliver Wendell Holmes
Shirley Temple Black
Andrew Dice Clay
Arthur Conan Doyle
Kathy Lee Gifford
Tommy Lee Jones
Mary Tyler Moore
Jack The Ripper

And this guy is a total person of color thug cuz’ he’s got FOUR NAMES:
LARRY THE CABLE GUY!

Believing in this nonsense doesn’t make you a “racist Karen” as much as it makes you a “Special Ed” idiot.
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

O MY,,
Your wokeness is truly, inspirational !
But really , doesn't using "Special Ed " as a derogatory insult kind of lower your view from the high ground impact?
Hmmmmm. 2 Woke demerits for you.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

3 names, or a person full name, are used for disambiguation...no other reason. If they just identified the person as "Gabino Saenz", there will likely be multiple people with that name. Using "Gabino Terrazas Saenz" makes it more clear who the person is. In this case, the top Google search results for "Gabino Saenz" pulls up a boxer and a realtor in CA. Google "Gabino Terrazas Saenz" and the top result is a link to this story.
aroyobob

Post by aroyobob »

In regard to the fatal shooting that occurred at a residence in Chino Valley on December 19th, 2021, preliminary investigation revealed that the victim responded to the residence in 1500 block of Golden Drive in order to contact the suspect for some type of property exchange. During their interaction, the suspect produced a handgun and fatally shot the victim in the face/neck. The victim was identified as 47-year-old Gabino Terrazas Saenz, of Phoenix Arizona. The suspect was identified as 62-year-old Christopher Wendt, of Chino Valley Arizona. Wendt was arrested and booked into the Yavapai County Jail, in Camp Verde, on homicide related charges.
https://prescottenews.com/index.php/202 ... no-valley/

Wendt's pic is here but the rest is paywalled
https://www.dcourier.com/news/2021/dec/ ... undays-fa/
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

Here is the guy that was killed
20211222_195037.jpg