Saint Edge ATC

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
xerts1911
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Saint Edge ATC

Post by xerts1911 »

https://www.springfield-armory.com/sain ... e=hs_email
For those that like to reach out and touch something, pretty cool rifle.

delta6

Re: Saint Edge ATC

Post by delta6 »

xerts1911 wrote: December 8th, 2021, 5:12 pm https://www.springfield-armory.com/sain ... e=hs_email
For those that like to reach out and touch something, pretty cool rifle.
Thanx for the info :D
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

That is one butt-ugly fore end though.

I imagine the meeting for this thing was like this :

Marketing guy: "Hey, you know how all those "chassis rifles" are the rage?
Product designer guy: "Yeah, we could do one of those with a cool modular system, high end barrel, in a modern efficient cartridge,maybe use the action from our new rifle, it would be cool"
Market guy : "whoa there big spender, pump the brakes. Take our AR, make it not compatible with some of the standard AR stuff, make the lower one gigantic huge heavy chunk o' metal, make it ugly, and leave it in 223. We will give it an edgy cool name."
Product designer guy : "But that won't be any more precision than a nice AR to begin with?"
Marketing guy : "So what, the magazines will pump it up cause advertising dollars, and the fanbois will buy it cause we made it, and it will get hype cause we used the term chassis and precision and one version will be peanut butter colored. Make sure you put things in places that will be a b**** to clean - make them look like a car grill on the end of the fore end and mag well."
Product designer guy : "Sigh, another unoriginal product with stupid names"
Marketing guy: Hows the SA-35 doing? You guys figure out how to make that 86 year old design reliable yet? They are flying off the shelves already...."
Product design guy *Shoots himself in the face with a 1911 Range Officer Champion Elite Ronin OSP TRP Operator*

Lol.

And of course, video with lots of buzz words for basically what amounts to an expensive, overweight, goofy looking AR. Oh, a three shot "Sub MOA" guarantee." Funny my 20+ year old Bushmaster Varminter was a Sub MOA rifle when it was new. Springfield Armory - what's new then, we say is new now." Lol.

Last edited by paulgt2164 on December 8th, 2021, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

That looks promising.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

It's not even Springfield's idea...but neither was the XD (that use to be the HS2000 pistol before Springfield started rebranding and importing them from Croatia).

https://drakeassociates.us/product-cate ... er-rifles/

Anyone can piece together an accurate rifle for less money than that monstrosity...but many people are susceptible to flashy marketing...just ask Daniel Defense.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Yawn. Springfield Armory sucks
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I'm also confused as to where I am supposed to grip it...there doesn't seem to be any instructions molded into parts of the gun where I can put my hands... :eusa-think:
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Paul and Quiet nailed it.
Cmoor

Post by Cmoor »

It is an interesting design and it certainly makes sense but, their accuracy is not any better than what we have seen countless other rifles do... I am sure there will be plenty of people who will have to own one..
Dat_Ginga

Post by Dat_Ginga »

The gun is ugly and looks heavy but I'm sure some people will want it. I don't understand why they didn't make it in a different caliber. You can build a better looking and just as or more accurate gun in 5.56/.223 for less money or pay more money and get really good parts. It is different and unique looking so it will be easy to spot on the wall with all the other AR15's but it doesn't do anything the other AR15's do except look different.
Az desert rat 1

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

P.T. Barnum nailed it when he said "There's a sucker born every minute. " It's just a dressed-up overpriced AR and it's ugly.
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Here's a review of one of these things, and they have a video on the page where they disassemble it and show how it's all put together.
https://www.thearmorylife.com/how-does- ... ssis-work/

I'm intrigued by the thought of an AR chassis, but there's so much wrong with this in my mind. First of all, they're marketing this as some kind of sniper rifle, but it's chambered in .223. It seems like a better fit for the AR-10 platform chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor or something like that.

Second, the build-out is kind of goofy. It reminds me of the Chevy Avalanche with the dumb plastic pieces on the side of the bed to add flare. The forend on the rifle seems unnecessarily long and bulky. Why not cut it off at about the gas tube? And, I don't know if a rifle like this needs an upper rail. I think they just slapped it on to cover/protect the gas tube. Maybe this is crazy, but what about having the gas tube on the bottom of the barrel running into a fitting of sorts that ducts the gasses over the barrel at the receiver? I mean, if they really are trying to reinvent the AR platform.
samnev

Post by samnev »

Jack Dupp wrote: December 8th, 2021, 9:11 pm Yawn. Springfield Armory sucks
Ditto :lol:
792mauser

Post by 792mauser »

God lord that thing is UGLY.
mike400

Post by mike400 »

Dat_Ginga wrote: December 9th, 2021, 10:35 am The gun is ugly and looks heavy but I'm sure some people will want it. I don't understand why they didn't make it in a different caliber. You can build a better looking and just as or more accurate gun in 5.56/.223 for less money or pay more money and get really good parts. It is different and unique looking so it will be easy to spot on the wall with all the other AR15's but it doesn't do anything the other AR15's do except look different.
I agree, if there are truly any benefits from the design, it needs to be in a different caliber. 6.5 Grendel or 6mm ARC comes to mind…… 5.56 has been done over and over……..blah blah.