EAA GIRSAN MC P35

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
xerts1911
ArizonaShooting.org Member

EAA GIRSAN MC P35

Post by xerts1911 »

DoubleAlpha

Re: EAA GIRSAN MC P35

Post by DoubleAlpha »

Interesting. So all of the sudden we got two modern high power replicas, one from Springfield (which I hear is very good, unexpectedly) and then this one.
kptaylor

Post by kptaylor »

The Girsan looks to be out under $500 versus the Springfield which I don't see available yet around here but will be closer to $700. Will be nice to have a High Power clone that works great at decent prices.
Yellowcarbon

Post by Yellowcarbon »

The one thing I do like about Springfield is they do back up their stuff with a good warranty. I had a HK 91 clone by them that wouldn't run right. They had me ship it in and they ended up replacing it with a new M1A rifle.

I also think there are a few features a little nicer on the Springfield gun as well. The sights and grips are just a tad nicer. I'm going to eventually pick one of these Hi-Power clones up. I sold my Browning years ago to get the next great toy. I'm hoping once sales drop off, Springfield will offer another upgraded model. Perhaps an alloy framed, detective length slide with threaded barrel and hidden optics mount (contoured to match slide).

I'd also like to see Girsan do an ASP clone of the S&W guns. That will call to the retro crowd as well as make it usable enough for first time gun buyers.
Noshoot

Post by Noshoot »

Yellowcarbon wrote: November 13th, 2021, 1:25 pm I'd also like to see Girsan do an ASP clone of the S&W guns. That will call to the retro crowd as well as make it usable enough for first time gun buyers.
That would be effing cool...
Dat_Ginga

Post by Dat_Ginga »

I saw this pop up somewhere and while I like the Springfield and personally would much rather pick up the Springfield over the Girsan, I wouldn't rule this one out. In my experience most of the Girsans I have handled felt pretty good. The metal ones anyways. The polymer ones I didn't think felt that great. The Girsan Beretta clone feels pretty good and if this can follow it in terms of feel, I wouldn't rule it out. I know they will also offer it in multiple different colors if that is an interest.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

https://eaacorp.com/product/girsan-mc-p35/
Some more info on the Girsan MCP35
OMart

Post by OMart »

I have been getting a lot of customers looking for the SA Hi-Power and what will be the price. Nice to here that Girsan is doing a clone as well. The Girsans that I have handled have been surprising nice for the price, but I feel Canik is the current King of the Turkish pistols. Have a hard timekeeping those in stock and many repeat buyers.
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

I've the links , but I was unable to see if they eliminated the mag safety like Springfield did. Also, looks like they used better sights, which I like, but Springfield also improved the safety, by adding a positive click VS the old mushy safety. Has Girsan done this as well? Anyone here have first hand experience with one that can comment? I'll buy one today if the trigger and safety are upgraded like the Springfield.
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

I always get a good eye roll when I see all you red, white, and blue Merican patriots lust after NON-American guns, manufactured by NON-Americans.
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

That Guy wrote: December 30th, 2021, 10:30 am I always get a good eye roll when I see all you red, white, and blue Merican patriots lust after NON-American guns, manufactured by NON-Americans.
You make a valid point, and I'm not disputing the facts, but-

As we type this on our Chinese made computers and phones,
Drive cars and trucks made in Mexico, Canada, Turkey, and elsewhere,
And, yes, some of our American guns are made overseas. Especially talking about you, Springfield. Croatia.
Didn't Colt try the overseas trick with one of their failed "wonernines" ?
Aren't some American shotguns made in Japan?
Black Aces Tactical shotguns are made in Turkey.

The list goes on, I think.
OMart

Post by OMart »

That Guy wrote: December 30th, 2021, 10:30 am I always get a good eye roll when I see all you red, white, and blue Merican patriots lust after NON-American guns, manufactured by NON-Americans.
Yeah because SCCY, Kel-Tec and Hi-Point make such fine crafted weapons, lol. Seriously though, I have always liked foreign stuff. My Zastava CZ99 is my favorite pistol of all time. Have the South African TZ99 too. Really want to find the Israeli made Golan copy.
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

OMart wrote: December 30th, 2021, 12:52 pm
Yeah because SCCY, Kel-Tec and Hi-Point make such fine crafted weapons, lol. Seriously though, I have always liked foreign stuff. My Zastava CZ99 is my favorite pistol of all time. Have the South African TZ99 too. Really want to find the Israeli made Golan copy.
Lets not forget the Ruskies. Lots of cool commie guns.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Pretty sure most of us here do a pretty good "eye roll" everytime you take to the keyboard on this forum.
Az desert rat 1

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

Nice looking handgun. But I'll stick with my Star Super B 9 mm.