Springfield’s SA35

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
xerts1911
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Springfield’s SA35

Post by xerts1911 »

https://www.thearmorylife.com/first-loo ... e=hs_email
I kind of like this pistol, 9mm and the affordability should be a big hit with a lot of people. I’ll probably wait a year or so, more pros and cons are liable to show up by then.

smithers599

Re: Springfield’s SA35

Post by smithers599 »

Nice! Decent sights, decent grip tang, decent thumb safety. Should sell like Hunter Biden paintings in Chy-Na.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Hmmm.....that is interesting.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

I don't get the fascination for yet another 1911 style gun.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

kenpoprofessor wrote: October 26th, 2021, 6:09 am Image

Clyde
lol, its a refined acquired taste only suffered by few who appreciate Mr. Brownings' endeavors and who likes to shoot a real MANS gat. :whistle:

rj
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

knockonit wrote: October 26th, 2021, 6:17 am

lol, its a refined acquired taste only suffered by few who appreciate Mr. Brownings' endeavors and who likes to shoot a real MANS gat. :whistle:

rj
Some crazy guy named Gaston changed the world in a whole new way :dance: As well as Stoner and Kalishnakov. :geek:

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day :(
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

kenpoprofessor wrote: October 26th, 2021, 6:29 am
knockonit wrote: October 26th, 2021, 6:17 am

rj
Some crazy guy named Gaston changed the world in a whole new way :dance: As well as Stoner and Kalishnakov. :geek:

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day :(

all you tupperware fan boys are so sphecial.
Rj :dance:
Yellowcarbon

Post by Yellowcarbon »

They should have checkered or stippled the front & rear of the frame. Then it would have been a clone of the high-end Hipowers from the 80's & 90's. The nostalgia would be strong. Once we get a few reviews and the actual street prices, I may purchase one. The second I do, they'll offer an optics ready slide with contoured plate to hide it, threaded barrel, and checkered frame.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

Yellowcarbon wrote: October 26th, 2021, 7:10 am They should have checkered or stippled the front & rear of the frame. Then it would have been a clone of the high-end Hipowers from the 80's & 90's. The nostalgia would be strong. Once we get a few reviews and the actual street prices, I may purchase one. The second I do, they'll offer an optics ready slide with contoured plate to hide it, threaded barrel, and checkered frame.
ditto, i tend to wait a while to see how they run out, and when i do, the above happens every time, ugh
Basher

Post by Basher »

Yellowcarbon wrote: October 26th, 2021, 7:10 am They should have checkered or stippled the front & rear of the frame. Then it would have been a clone of the high-end Hipowers from the 80's & 90's. The nostalgia would be strong. Once we get a few reviews and the actual street prices, I may purchase one. The second I do, they'll offer an optics ready slide with contoured plate to hide it, threaded barrel, and checkered frame.
Yeah, checkering or stippling the frame at a minimum would have been nice, it’s pretty much one of the first three things people do when they get an HP they intend to build out. Sights, frame texturing, and removing the mag disconnect. So they got two out of three.

I’ll let this drop and get some actual end-user reviews out, but if they can keep their QC up with and match the quality of their older stuff, I’ll be interested. I’m certainly not paying the nuckin”-futs prices people want for used Browning and surplus FN HPs these days…
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

kenpoprofessor wrote: October 26th, 2021, 6:09 am Image

Clyde
“…..yet another 1911 style gun.”!?

Jeez, learn some firearms history! Friggin’ pistol has been around since 1935 fer chrissakes.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Supposedly MSRP of 699.00 according to SA Instagram, street price likely lower if they get made in any quantity. That falls inline somewhat with the Turkish copies of the Browning High Power which are pretty good themselves. I have always admired the design and own a couple of them. I would consider one of these after some time passes to see what if any issues arise and what revisions are made. Would it replace my g19 or my P365 hell no, but it might be a pleasure to shoot and own. All guns are not only tools for CC or Self Defense even though it could fit those roles if needed. There is a satisfaction among many to own and shoot things with some historical connection. I personally like blue steel and wood grips its aesthetically pleasing. The rail and optics cuts would be of little value to me on a piece like this as it would never be a daily carry type gun for me, just as some say; it would be cool to own.
Noshoot

Post by Noshoot »

Only “mod” I would do to this is skateboard tape on front and back strap.
Basher

Post by Basher »

Noshoot wrote: October 26th, 2021, 2:40 pm Only “mod” I would do to this is skateboard tape on front and back strap.
A model with a modestly extended beavertail would be high on my list. My fat German hands haven’t been bit yet, but it’s close on the BHP. A little extra something, not much, maybe another half inch, would be welcomed IMO. We’ll see. But aside from that, I agree.
Noshoot

Post by Noshoot »

Basher wrote: October 26th, 2021, 3:48 pm
Noshoot wrote: October 26th, 2021, 2:40 pm Only “mod” I would do to this is skateboard tape on front and back strap.
A model with a modestly extended beavertail would be high on my list. My fat German hands haven’t been bit yet, but it’s close on the BHP. A little extra something, not much, maybe another half inch, would be welcomed IMO. We’ll see. But aside from that, I agree.
Makes me think of the old Arcus clones with that crazy beavertail.
B50D5F9F-2B20-4D73-842B-18096E9F0B8E.jpeg