Springfield’s SA35

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Springfield’s SA35

Post by knockonit »

oh if i could find one, i'd sure be driving it, along with a few older relics i would enjoy for sure, including a few older redheads of days gone by.
Rj

Basher

Post by Basher »

kenpoprofessor wrote: October 30th, 2021, 5:36 am
delta6 wrote: October 29th, 2021, 9:52 am
kenpoprofessor wrote: October 29th, 2021, 9:05 am
Ha, you old timers and relics make me giggle. Those plastic guns Gaston made never bit me, and I don't have to worry about putting the spring guide rod in backwards. :o

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Every time I read this... I think of you.. :naughty:
'The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions."
Well, can you put the slide on a Glock with the recoil spring backwards???? I understand those things can be "sentimental", but face it, the technology has improved. I don't see you driving a 1935 Ford Coupe do I??? I mean, as cool as they are, they just wouldn't be functional for what you do with your vehicle today.

Clyde
Frankly, I feel this is a poor analogy, no offense. What’s old is new again in many places. Many of the motorcycle manufacturers are taking old designs/styles and adapting them to modern tech, and people are loving them. For instance, Kawasaki has the rs900, which is kind of a modern rework of the old Z1. I view the SA-35 in the same light. They took the HP and gave it a few modern twists.

Frankly, most of today’s handguns are still using the Browning short recoil system, so I don’t see how it differs. The HP was and is a solid platform. Does a Glock do the same job at a lower cost? Yep, and that’s part of why I run them. But I also enjoy some of the finer things in life, which is why I also have a few Sigs, a Langdon LTT, etc. Variety is the spice of life! ;)
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

knockonit wrote: October 30th, 2021, 5:42 am oh if i could find one, i'd sure be driving it, along with a few older relics i would enjoy for sure, including a few older redheads of days gone by.
Rj
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Carl for President
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Would drive that car every day of the week and twice on sunday. Rode around on a 1981 GS750E for 2 years prior to buying the bike I own now. Was it the most advanced bike around and comparable to all the junk they put on modern bikes .. of course not .. but it sure was fun to ride and it had a grumble to the engine that seems to have gotten lost. Some vehicles just get you there .. some get you there with a smile.. Same with guns
87jeep

Post by 87jeep »

Had a 40 Chev BC for a summer after HS, drove it to work in Vancouver WA.(from E. Portland) May of been a keeper? Paid $25.00 for it, spent $15.00 for parts that summer, Sold it for $40.00. Yes summer of "66".
Now that "35" Ford, that's the real deal.

Browning with trigger job.... Shot one.... they are OK... :dance:
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Well, can you put the slide on a Glock with the recoil spring backwards???? I understand those things can be "sentimental", but face it, the technology has improved. I don't see you driving a 1935 Ford Coupe do I??? I mean, as cool as they are, they just wouldn't be functional for what you do with your vehicle today.

Clyde
Pay me enough money and I will make that '35 drive better than a new car. Power steering, A/C, infotainment, fuel injection, etc. All it takes is money (yours) and someone who can do it (me.)

Lol.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Basher wrote: October 30th, 2021, 8:22 am

Clyde
Frankly, I feel this is a poor analogy, no offense. What’s old is new again in many places. Many of the motorcycle manufacturers are taking old designs/styles and adapting them to modern tech, and people are loving them. For instance, Kawasaki has the rs900, which is kind of a modern rework of the old Z1. I view the SA-35 in the same light. They took the HP and gave it a few modern twists.

Frankly, most of today’s handguns are still using the Browning short recoil system, so I don’t see how it differs. The HP was and is a solid platform. Does a Glock do the same job at a lower cost? Yep, and that’s part of why I run them. But I also enjoy some of the finer things in life, which is why I also have a few Sigs, a Langdon LTT, etc. Variety is the spice of life! ;)
I know its kind of a thread hijack but I LOVE those updated retro bikes!
was21

Post by was21 »

P35’s , hipower to you young guys, were the glock of their times.
Almost any country or 3rd world shithole one found oneself in you could easily scrounge up one and some mags.

Performance wise I dare say that not many/any here can outperform it or the chosen fanboy pistol of the day. It’s still the Indian over the arrow and it’s a poor craftsman that blames his tools😉

I hope they bring it out in a lightweight aluminum frame model and then I could retire my LW Hipowers. Just as light as my G19 but sexy… and a better trigger!

Same performance logic works with the retro/ modern bike theme…. The vast majority of riders will never have the skills to max out even a retro bike and the new stuff will just kill them faster😂. Just look at the dual purpose bike guys that are afraid of a gravel parking lot.

FWIW
Let’s go Brandon!
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

kenpoprofessor wrote: October 29th, 2021, 9:05 am
Ha, you old timers and relics make me giggle. Those plastic guns Gaston made never bit me, and I don't have to worry about putting the spring guide rod in backwards. :o

Clyde

Clyde
Doubt you're driving a Chrysler K car.
Rubber Duck

Post by Rubber Duck »

I bought 5 Mec-Gar Browning Hi-Power 13rd mags three days from Midway in anticipation of getting a SA-35, at that time they had 105 units in stock now sold out. I guess I wasn't the only with this idea.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

XJThrottle wrote: October 31st, 2021, 5:55 pm
Doubt you're driving a Chrysler K car.
I drive what is appropriate for what I do with the vehicle, and with modern conveniences. Now, I think old cars are cool, but, as an every day, kinda everywhere driver, old designs simply cannot compete. Now, I know this is a revamped HiPower, and that's cool, but it's still got the features of the "old stuff" I absolutely hate, and especially at the price point it is. I have a cheap shooter with those features, and it's nothing I'll use when the SHTF and I have to use it. I like my Tanfoglio SAR, it shoots well, but it only goes to the range.

Clyde
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Basher wrote: October 26th, 2021, 3:48 pm A little extra something, not much, maybe another half inch, would be welcomed IMO.
THAT's what she said! :lol:

Some have been bringing crazy prices on the BrokeGunner! We might be able to see one near MSRP by next summer, maybe....

Already read one review saying the safety felt a little more positive in both positions than HP's have been known for. That's a good thing. I am not keen on ditching the mag d/c, as it really trashes the trigger reset. However, it's certainly been one of thee most popular mods over the decades.

Hammer bite is easily rectified on this without having to surgically extend the beavertail. The SFS kit is even another way,
Dat_Ginga

Post by Dat_Ginga »

I am actually excited to see one of these. I know I wouldn’t like an original because with my large hands it would just tear me up with hammer bite but if they say they have fixed that issue then I am all for it. Around $700 is pretty awesome too. Keeps it affordable for most people. I’m happy to see aluminum and steel frame guns start making a come back.
792mauser

Post by 792mauser »

It's all old school tech. Every bit of it.
The barrel link/wedge is from the 1900/20s.
Locking into the ejection port is from the 1910s
Strikers are from before smokeless was even a thing.
Rotatingto lock the barrel - pre ww1
And bakelite(polymers/plastics)- the Russians played with the idea in the 40s