2021 National Firearms Survey

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

2021 National Firearms Survey

Post by smithers599 »

Some pretty interesting stuff in here, IMO.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=3887145

pvreb

Re: 2021 National Firearms Survey

Post by pvreb »

I wonder how accurate that is. There were some questions which I doubt many gun owners would answer correctly.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

I thought this was interesting:
The average gun owner owns 5 firearms, and handguns are the most common type of firearm owned. 48.0% of gun owners have owned magazines that hold over 10 rounds, and 30.2% of gun owners -- totaling about 24.6 million individuals -- have owned an AR-15 or similarly styled rifle. Demographically, gun owners are diverse. 42.2% are female and 57.8% are male. Approximately 25.4% of Blacks own firearms, 28.3% of Hispanics own firearms, 19.4% of Asians own firearms, and 34.3% of Whites own firearms.
If O'Rourke and Swalwell want to round up regular-capacity mags and "assault weapons," they better get some big trucks and a lot of friends, because there are a lot of them out there. 48% of 81.4 million gun owners is 39 million people with "assault clips." Also, I am guessing that those who own such evil implements may own more than one or two.
samnev

Post by samnev »

O'Rourke and Swalwell the crazy Odd Couple!!!