Portland State University Police Shoot Concealed Carrier Who Dropped His Gun During a Street Fight

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Basher
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Portland State University Police Shoot Concealed Carrier Who Dropped His Gun During a Street Fight

Post by Basher »

I don't think disarming the officers is the correct answer, but you better bet your ass I'd sue (or would hope my famiy would, had I been the victim)! I know it's easy to armchair a situation when I wasn't there, but that sounds like really poor control of the situation on the part of PSU security and a lot like a "shoot first, ask questions later" type of response. Any non-LEO person would be hung out to dry. The outcome of this should be interesting.

Suck My Glock

Re: Portland State University Police Shoot Concealed Carrier Who Dropped His Gun During a Street Fight

Post by Suck My Glock »

Tricky.

Do you let your pistol lay there so as not be be mistakenly shot? But if you do, one of the currently involved melee hotheads might pick it up. No good answer.

Obviously, this should remind us all several things;....1) have a proper retention holster so this doesn't happen,...2) beware that ANY altercation you get involved with, even to break it up and create peace, is potentially worsened by the presence of your weapon due to just this sort of unintended thing, so be SURE getting your ass involved is necessary. If not,...just stand back and record it all for WorldStar.
Blue109

Post by Blue109 »

I dont stick my nose is anyone's drama when im carrying, and im always carrying.
Dogslayer

Post by Dogslayer »

Blue109 wrote: July 2nd, 2018, 6:56 am I dont stick my nose is anyone's drama when im carrying, and im always carrying.
Good choice, minding my own business is a full time job. I even do it on the weekend.
Dogslayer