California gun panic buying surges yet again

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

California gun panic buying surges yet again

Post by Suck My Glock »

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/01 ... itol-riot/

LA Gun Stores See Spike In Business After Capitol Riot

Gun stores in the Los Angeles area were seeing a drastic increase in sales following Wednesday’s violent breach of the U.S. Capitol building.

Redstone Firearms in Burbank, Calif. Jan. 7, 2020. (CBSLA)

Several area gun stores were seeing an uptick in first-time buyers. Redstone Firearms in Burbank told CBSLA it saw a sudden 40% increase in people looking to purchase a gun, take safety classes and shoot at their range
“All of a sudden the text messages and the phone calls and the emails began to skyrocket,” Redstone Firearms co-owner Geneva Solomon told CBSLA Thursday “We woke up and just had a lot of different sales online, and today we’ve had an influx of business that we typically wouldn’t see on a Thursday.”

Kimberly Bailey, a first-time gun buyer, said that she was nervous about the purchase.

“It’s a little scary, but I feel it’s very necessary thing to do right now,” Bailey said, adding that the safety of herself and her elderly mother is top of mind.

“It just kind of put a nail to it,” she said of the attack on the Capitol. “It’s something that I always knew that we needed to do, but yesterday, I kind of like said, ‘let’s go.’”

Suck My Glock

Re: California gun panic buying surges yet again

Post by Suck My Glock »

On a related note,...I have 3 female acquaintences who in the last 2 days are now very suddenly motivated for me to take them out for some introductory basic handgun instruction and familiarization. No former romantic liazons,...just female people whom I'm friendly with who know my character and trust enough in these times to do what was previously uncomfortable. I'm thrilled to be of service, though even if a bit annoyed at the late date.

I expect we all here are going to get a bunch of such requests.
iammaxwell

Post by iammaxwell »

Hopefully, it means people are waking up to how screwed up things are everywhere, on all sides. And not just fanning the flames
Black Sunshine
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Black Sunshine »

The media's reaction has been among the most egregious display of hypocrisy I've ever seen. It's not surprising that the sheeple are freaked out. The (apparent) instant acceptance, by these sheeple, that the entire group in attendance are "domestic terrorists" is sickening and disturbing. Was 1984 used as a template for what we're witnessing?
Ben7

Post by Ben7 »

Suck My Glock wrote: January 8th, 2021, 11:09 pm On a related note,...I have 3 female acquaintences who in the last 2 days are now very suddenly motivated for me to take them out for some introductory basic handgun instruction and familiarization. No former romantic liazons,...just female people whom I'm friendly with who know my character and trust enough in these times to do what was previously uncomfortable. I'm thrilled to be of service, though even if a bit annoyed at the late date.

Just had two such requests yesterday. From my Canadian refugee friends, no less. One of which has turned down numerous offers from me to take him shooting over the past 10 years. Texted me Friday, said “It’s time that I learn to shoot”.
Pawe17

Post by Pawe17 »

Im happy. The more people that has guns, the more opponents the anti gun people will have. but sad at the same time because these will lead to more ammo shortage and overpricing. I miss shooting steel matches already.
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

Suck My Glock wrote: January 8th, 2021, 11:09 pm I'm thrilled to be of service, though even if a bit annoyed at the late date.

You're a better man than I am. I've gotten more than a few too and denied all but one, friends and family alike. I had ONE lady I know in March that had been saving for a handgun and taking her 2A rights seriously before all this started. She was nervous with the election and lockdown talk that she wasn't going to be able to afford a proper amount of ammo and the gun she wanted in time. I hooked her up. Pre-chynaflu I was willing to go out of my way to help people find deals on guns and ammo, chip in by letting them fire my ammo and my guns and getting to clean everything when I get home. Now they want me to find them cheap guns and cheap ammo or better yet sell them my stuff for next to nothing. If it wasn't important then, it isn't important now. Maybe a little Ash-hole of me but I'm tired of trying to help people to get cast aside unless a crisis arises.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Solar_Empire wrote: January 9th, 2021, 11:16 pm
Suck My Glock wrote: January 8th, 2021, 11:09 pm I'm thrilled to be of service, though even if a bit annoyed at the late date.

You're a better man than I am. I've gotten more than a few too and denied all but one, friends and family alike. I had ONE lady I know in March that had been saving for a handgun and taking her 2A rights seriously before all this started. She was nervous with the election and lockdown talk that she wasn't going to be able to afford a proper amount of ammo and the gun she wanted in time. I hooked her up. Pre-chynaflu I was willing to go out of my way to help people find deals on guns and ammo, chip in by letting them fire my ammo and my guns and getting to clean everything when I get home. Now they want me to find them cheap guns and cheap ammo or better yet sell them my stuff for next to nothing. If it wasn't important then, it isn't important now. Maybe a little Ash-hole of me but I'm tired of trying to help people to get cast aside unless a crisis arises.
Oh don't get me wrong. No one gets any discounts these days. That's the first thing I informed these ladies of. The answer is always YES,...the question is "How much?" Yes, I can get you a gun. Yes, I can get you ammo. But I also explain how the prices have gone stoopid and shall remain so for the next 4 years. After the economic lesson, I explain that my advice and help is free, and THAT is the discount.

In the coming war, many of us old fat dudes won't be able to fill active roles. But this is one I CAN do. So since I'm essentially disabled/retired and have the time and knowledge, my public service is helping to arm up as many folks as I can. In this war, everbody has a part.
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

I’m vetting anyone I take out for lessons carefully.
No way am I going to take a liberal Biden voter out and show them anything, much less assist them with a firearms or ammo purchase.

Plus as Solar Empire stated, now all of a sudden it’s imperative that they be armed?
After years of warnings and signs of what was coming they expect me to drop everything and outfit or train them?
Yeah, no.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Gunslinger808 wrote: January 10th, 2021, 2:59 pm I’m vetting anyone I take out for lessons carefully.
No way am I going to take a liberal Biden voter out and show them anything, much less assist them with a firearms or ammo purchase.

Well that goes without saying. Did I really need to state that? Heck I might take them out to the desert,...but whether they come back,....
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

Ha, lots of old mine shafts out there, gotta be real careful newbies don’t accidentally fall in one.
xerts1911

Post by xerts1911 »

👍🏼
Robert1234

Post by Robert1234 »

Degenerates in California will still vote for gun grabbers, even after deciding they need a gun. Voters in that state are incapable of recognizing the irony of their politics. Never seen a dumber group of people than California democrat voters.
Az desert rat 1

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

This could be a plus for California. With the increase of first time gun owner the next time a gun control measure comes up they will stop and think. If I vote yes I could lose the right to keep my firearm.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

Az desert rat 1 wrote: January 11th, 2021, 1:18 pm This could be a plus for California. With the increase of first time gun owner the next time a gun control measure comes up they will stop and think. If I vote yes I could lose the right to keep my firearm.
hahahahah, hahahahahah, what a silly statement, they will think, yeah right, they've had decades to think, we know how that went, and its too late to worry about that shiathole, its gone, lost,

time to worry about dear ole Arizona,

of course just my opinion
Rj