Any Grocery Jacking events there?

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
Crippledtrigger
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Any Grocery Jacking events there?

Post by Crippledtrigger »

We have old people hours at out stores here and some trash decided to prey on what they perceive as easy prey. They picked a lady with a full cart not heading to a disabled spot, pulled up and stole all her groceries. Right out of her cart.

That's trash that needs incineration if you ask me.

Any reports of that stuff happening back there?

knockonit

Re: Any Grocery Jacking events there?

Post by knockonit »

none that are made public, but if asking a local gendarme you would find out otherwise, like the wally world at 19th ave and bell has had a major in store theft and robbery increase outside and inside since the advent of free rides on train and busses for the unclean masses. all along bell its a crap shoot, as to when you might be a victim.
happy friday smucks
Rj, just glad to make another one
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Havent heard anything happening nearby but when the wife went to frys yesterday at about 6am there was national guard guys out front.
Flash

Post by Flash »

None I'm aware of in Gilbert
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

I'm home several times a year and the damage the light rail has done is stunning.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

There have been 2 incidents in NW valley, one in each of 2 different stores. Old school fights, no guns or knives just fights over the last item on the shelf and who got there first.

And RJ is right, not a peep about that on any news.
What
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by What »

No news but almost every grocery store (in my area ) has LEO nearby in parking lot.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Crippledtrigger wrote: March 27th, 2020, 7:56 am I'm home several times a year and the damage the light rail has done is stunning.
I've got a few people I know in the San Francisco Bay Area, met them while doing jobs there.

They tell me that the easy access to affluent areas that BART gave the section 8 folks has devastated a number of places.
Winmagbill

Post by Winmagbill »

Saw 2 PD cars in the Costco parking lot yesterday, but don’t know if they were there for security or hot dogs. Last week someone was open carry in the Albertson’s parking lot. He had a nice CCW rig but had pulled his shirt over the gun to purposely display.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

there have been a few reported on the RING app in Tucson, one in particular was at the Fry's on 22nd and Harrison, where an elderly woman was attacked and her groceries stolen.

not rumors, a witness reported it on the app
Pipedoc

Post by Pipedoc »

Wallyworld at 55th ave and Northern had a Glendale cop watching over the long line for TP last week. Seen cops at frys in Glendale at multiple locations. Glad I don't "need" anything. As it is said, in times of peace prepare for war, gotta have TP, water and ammo if not shame on you for waiting.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Winmagbill wrote: March 27th, 2020, 8:55 am Saw 2 PD cars in the Costco parking lot yesterday, but don’t know if they were there for security or hot dogs. Last week someone was open carry in the Albertson’s parking lot. He had a nice CCW rig but had pulled his shirt over the gun to purposely display.
They weren't there for hot dogs as the food courts in Costco and Sam's Club are shut down until further notice.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

While folks in this house go about their day armed and always have, we have adopted a buddy policy during these tensions. Nobody goes shopping alone.

I've done a couple face-to-face transactions for guns and ammo by myself,...but I won't go to Costco alone. What does that tell you?
Razai

Post by Razai »

My sentiments exactly. I do gun deals with guys from this board all the time, but won’t go shopping alone or unarmed.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

My son is a salaried mgr at Frys and was scheduled 6 days a week, 12 hours a day for a couple of weeks, he is back to 10 hour shifts. Don’t know if it is still 6 days a week or back down to 5. He hasn’t said anything about an increase in boosters, or any grocery cart jackings.

When I was a asst. store mgr for Fry’s, I carried a Glock 23 the night it switched to Y2K and we closed the store down at 9pm. Back then, all Fry’s were open 24 hrs. Nothing happened, but I wasn’t going to get caught off my feet.