SHTF Armored Vehicle

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
electrohawk
ArizonaShooting.org Member

SHTF Armored Vehicle

Post by electrohawk »

Someone go buy this (not mine but I thought you guys may be interested) :D

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 711168356/

$275,000
About This Vehicle
Driven 17,324 miles
Automatic transmission
Exterior color: Tan · Interior color: Grey
Very good condition
Seller's Description
2012 Terradyne Gurkha - 1 of 2 Built in this Spec - Only 17k miles - $699K MSRP

Highlights:

2012 Terradyne Gurkha Tactical Armored Vehicle
1 of 2 Ever Built with Level 7 Ballistic and 50 cal Armored Protection
Serial #1, First One Built
Only 17k Miles
Certified Clean CarFax
$699k Factory MSRP
This Truck was Featured in the movie RoboCop
Automatic Transmission
Ballistic Steel Body
2012 Ford F550 Super Duty 4x4 Chassis
Can be serviced at your Local Ford Dealer
Extremely Rare Incredible Find
Etc

Our Quick Condition Guide:
Grade 5 – The vehicle is in excellent condition. (Less than 5% of used vehicles fall into this category overall)
Grade 4 – The vehicle is better than average with only minor use or possible imperfections. (Most consumer owned vehicles fall in these two categories)
Grade 3 – The vehicle has normal wear and tear for age and mileage. (Most consumer owned vehicles fall in these two categories)
Grade 2 – The vehicle shows signs of excessive wear and tear, including fading, discoloration, and/or imperfections throughout the vehicle.
Grade 1 – The vehicle shows signs of severe abuse or may have sustained major collision damage.

Overview Of Entire Vehicle: *Condition #4.5

Here is an extremely rare and absolutely jaw dropping 2012 Terradyne Gurkha Armored Vehicle. This is Serial #1 and is one of two ever built to this spec, this is the highest level of armor you can get on a Gurkha. It started off as a 2012 Ford F550 4x4 with the factory 6.7L V8 Turbo Diesel and was upgraded to this. It has an Armor level of CEN B7/STANAG 2+/ which also includes protection from a .50 cal M2 ball as well. With numerous of upgrades as listed below, this car had a factory MSRP of $699k and is definitely a very serious machine. Do not miss your chance on a once in a lifetime opportunity on this 2012 Terradyne Gurkha as featured in the 2014 movie Robocop.

Options/Equipment:

Built on a 2012 Ford F550 XL 4x4
Ford 6.7L V8 Turbo Diesel 300 hp / 660 lb-ft tq
Automatic Transmission
Matte Tan Military Style Exterior
Gray Leather Interior
Armor Level: CEN B7/ STANAG 2+/ Includes .50 cal M2 ball armored as well
Ice Cold A/C and Warm Heater
Back-Up Camera
20x11 Hutchinson Wheels
Continental MTP 81 All Terrain Run Flat Tires
Body Made of Ballistic Steel
6 Gun Ports on the Doors and Rear Side as well
2 Roof Mounted Search Lights Remote Controlled
Battery Charger with Auto Eject
16.5 ti Warn Front Winch
Different Colors Exterior Lighting
Many Ear Piercing Sirens, Horns, and PA system
Etc…

Exterior: *Condition #4.5

The Matte Tan Exterior on this Gurkha looks absolutely striking and is sure to turn heads anywhere it goes. As stated before, this is the highest level of armor you can get on one of these and the body is made of ballistic steel. Overall the exterior on this truck is in excellent shape, all of the glass is in beautiful condition with no cracks and there is no damage at all on the body. The only thing you will notice on the exterior is a couple of very small paint chips around the bolts on the rear doors but that is it. The truck is sure to make a statement anywhere you go and will definitely be the only one you see in any parking lot.

Interior: *Condition #5

The inside cabin on the Gurkha is very similar to a 2012 Ford F550 as it shares the same dash and gray leather seats. The dash has all of the controls for the lights, PA system, sirens, and horns as well as being equipped with a Kenwood Touch Screen audio player with AM/FM HD Radio and Bluetooth. The Speedometer has the main numbers as Kilometers Per Hour on it with Miles Per Hour below as these trucks are made in Canada. The back portion of the cabin has a bench seat with lots of room in front of it so you have room to access to roof hatch and side door hatches.

Mechanically: *Condition #5

Mechanically, with only 17k miles, this Gurka is up to date on service and all of the fluids look good as it was just at Ford. There appears to be no leaks or drips and the vehicle does not make any abnormal noises. The truck drives surprising well due to the size of it and has a great handling radius for its size. You can buy this truck with confidence knowing its easy to maintain as you can take it to any local Ford Service Center.

Under Carriage: *Condition #5

This Under Carriage on this vehicle is in excellent condition with no rust at all. It is practically a tank so nothing can really effect the underside of it.

QuietM4

Re: SHTF Armored Vehicle

Post by QuietM4 »

Group buy? I'll take the first Saturday of each month.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

What's the EPA gas mileage rating? I want to be sure to protect the planet, you know. :mrgreen:
WRMorrison

Post by WRMorrison »

I could have a fleet of Killdozers for that kind of cash.

-WRM
electrohawk

Post by electrohawk »

smithers599 wrote: September 4th, 2019, 9:56 am What's the EPA gas mileage rating? I want to be sure to protect the planet, you know. :mrgreen:
Fuelly shows real world numbers for an F550 to be between 5 and 9mpg.
I am thinking with all that armor, you would get on the low end of that, if not half...
Many F550's are used to haul stuff. Flatbed tow trucks / bucket trucks / small dump trucks, so depending on the usage it may actually be similar.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Desert Tan, my favorite color!
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

That 16.5K Warn winch is simply going to give itself a hernia trying to pull that truck out of a ditch. LOL

It looks like the hood is simply fiberglass as the pictures show it open and held up by just two small gas struts.
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

Why would anyone want that? There really isn't anything to do with it but get groceries.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

If I were rich, and $275,000 was a drop in the bucket, I would buy that and drive it everywhere, just to piss off liberals. I would get a custom paint job that said "Global Warming is a scam," and "F___ the polar bears."