What's in your go-bag?

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
azrednex
New to ArizonaShooting.org

What's in your go-bag?

Post by azrednex »

I am in the process of putting together a go bag and I'm looking for items I may have forgotten.

mongo45acp
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: What's in your go-bag?

Post by mongo45acp »

Bourbon...... 'cuz booze may be the only answer. Rye whiskey in a pinch.

Watch yer 6!
mongo45acp
Alphabavo

Post by Alphabavo »

Will it be kept at home or in your vehicle?
Racewin

Post by Racewin »

Basics you may include are: water, water filter, mylar blanket, flashlight, extra set of batteries, a couple lighters, and some candles. Anything else will be determined by how far apart where you want to 'go' is from where you typically are.
Gatsby
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Gatsby »

I keep one in my truck that I call my "get-home" bag. It has basics: N95 mask, canteen, simple gunbelt, a couple days worth of dried food, flashlight and belt knife. But mostly it contains trauma gear and first aid.

My actual "go" bag is at home and weighs in at 74#, not counting my gun belt (ALICE, and yeah, I have the suspenders for it!). It has everything to survive for an extended period of time. I'm old and probably won't make it more than a quarter mile carrying that thing, though. Setting up a tent while you can still see your house probably isn't the greatest plan.
tripletap

Post by tripletap »

nasal phy tube- Israeli bandage- 3 rats torniquets hyfin chest seals (2) buckmark,ammo- mylar blanket
water- calcium chloride tablets- water filter straw- basic 1st aid items
change and bills- burner phone- energy bars
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

Gatsby wrote: May 22nd, 2018, 6:29 am I keep one in my truck that I call my "get-home" bag. It has basics: N95 mask, canteen, simple gunbelt, a couple days worth of dried food, flashlight and belt knife. But mostly it contains trauma gear and first aid.

My actual "go" bag is at home and weighs in at 74#, not counting my gun belt (ALICE, and yeah, I have the suspenders for it!). It has everything to survive for an extended period of time. I'm old and probably won't make it more than a quarter mile carrying that thing, though. Setting up a tent while you can still see your house probably isn't the greatest plan.

setting up a tent when you can your house, now thats dang funny, rofl, i almost spit me grapes out.
thanks for the giggle
Rj
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

1. Maps of the city. High value targets. Main roads with secondary roads marked. Canals marked, they normally have dirt road access that can be had with bolt cutters.

2. Ammo
3. Chem lights
4. Life straw
5. Multi tool
6. Matches H2O proof
7. lock picking set
8. ?
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

You already know the basics. But since you are asking about things you might overlook, don't forget the "feminine hygiene" products the women in your family use.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

They carry their own go bag. They have a ton of bags.
Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

smithers599 wrote: August 6th, 2018, 6:44 pm You already know the basics. But since you are asking about things you might overlook, don't forget the "feminine hygiene" products the women in your family use.
Hmm, That's a good point, I had forgotten about that!!
I have a hand held Ham radio as well. I need to set up a solar battery charger for it though.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Something to think about is to get some master keys for John Deere, catapilar, kubota, Bobcat and other tractors.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Gatsby wrote: May 22nd, 2018, 6:29 am I keep one in my truck that I call my "get-home" bag. It has basics: N95 mask, canteen, simple gunbelt, a couple days worth of dried food, flashlight and belt knife. But mostly it contains trauma gear and first aid.

If by "dried food" you mean things you have to add water to in order to eat, you might want to rethink that. Unless you are also packing a couple gallons of water in the bag.

No offense but where exactly do you think you will be walking to wearing that 74lb pack? Got a place already setup or just going to head for the National Forest?
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

I'm just going to stay back and take care of the gang bangers
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

The older one gets the difference one looks at his "go bag" and where is he gonna go, and why.
I think it should be simple light and allow one to make good time on foot, bike, horse, camel, what ever the transport would be, the hardest part will be avoiding the a..holes of the world.

just saying
Rj