LIFE STRAWS 3-PACK

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
XNARC
ArizonaShooting.org Member

LIFE STRAWS 3-PACK

Post by XNARC »

At Sams today, they have a 3 pack of life straws for $29 bucks. That’s seems to be a great price since the last two I bought were $19 each.

Steve_In_29

Re: LIFE STRAWS 3-PACK

Post by Steve_In_29 »

That is definitely the best price I have seen on them.
musicman10_1

Post by musicman10_1 »

That is a great price - thanks for the heads up; I'll have to put some on the shopping list. At that price I can get some for future Christmas gifts.
Edge

Post by Edge »

I carry a Life Straw in my pack and saddle bags.
I have a suggestion for anyone buying one, use it, give it a try.

Last year I hiked up a Creek that had frequent pools in it so no need to carry water. I was pretty thirsty before I broke out the Life Straw. Had a nice pool of spring water on a ledge before me, time to give it a try.

I was unprepared for how difficult it was to draw water thru. I should not have been surprised by this considering how micro fine the filter is, but I concluded that anyone in poor shape or on their last leg when breaking this out, is in trouble.
musicman10_1

Post by musicman10_1 »

Edge wrote: May 31st, 2020, 5:39 amI was unprepared for how difficult it was to draw water thru. I should not have been surprised by this considering how micro fine the filter is, but I concluded that anyone in poor shape or on their last leg when breaking this out, is in trouble.
Can you imagine - they find you with a life straw hanging out of your mouth at a viable water source? I"m not sure I want to get better at sucking!! I can't believe I just wrote that.
Edge

Post by Edge »

musicman10_1 wrote: June 5th, 2020, 8:10 pm
Edge wrote: May 31st, 2020, 5:39 amI was unprepared for how difficult it was to draw water thru. I should not have been surprised by this considering how micro fine the filter is, but I concluded that anyone in poor shape or on their last leg when breaking this out, is in trouble.
Can you imagine - they find you with a life straw hanging out of your mouth at a viable water source? I"m not sure I want to get better at sucking!! I can't believe I just wrote that.
Bahaha I was thinking the same thing.
electrohawk

Post by electrohawk »

Yah, If you are dehydrated and weakened, this could be an issue.
I tried one just for the fun of it out of a 3-pack. I think I had a headache after a while.
I had to take a break and get a drink out of my camelbak :D
Edge

Post by Edge »

electrohawk wrote: June 6th, 2020, 8:08 pm Yah, If you are dehydrated and weakened, this could be an issue.
I tried one just for the fun of it out of a 3-pack. I think I had a headache after a while.
I had to take a break and get a drink out of my camelbak :D
:D
Yeah I believe I read that for every Life Straw we buy, the company donates one to a needy African. Sounds magnanimous until I tried using the straw and then pictured the poor little African children bloated and dying of dehydration, still clutching their life giving 'LifeStraws.'
Brasky46
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Brasky46 »

I got 2 for $9.99 each during Amazon Prime days. They had a limit of 2. May have the deal again for Black Friday sales.