Be aware of what's around you

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Be aware of what's around you

Post by Ranger1 »

It's always good to know who has what. I have a buddy that drives for UPS and tells me that he delivers a lot of interesting stuff to unmarked buildings in Phoenix and surrounding areas that are owned by homeland security, the feds, and private companies. These buildings have no store fronts. They look like a ordinary building. It would be nice to put those buildings, avenues of approach and escape from the surrounding cities on a map. Do that get it laminated and add it to your go bag. You never know when you might need to go shopping when it goes bad.

Steve_In_29
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Be aware of what's around you

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Yeah good luck with that. Those "ordinary" buildings are hardened beyond your abilities.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Also good to know where they are so know where to stay away from.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

So you guys think when it all goes bad those buildings will harden very long? 1 week ,3weeks 6 months? Sooner or later they will go down to a skeleton crew
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Ranger1 wrote: April 5th, 2019, 6:47 am So you guys think when it all goes bad those buildings will harden very long? 1 week ,3weeks 6 months? Sooner or later they will go down to a skeleton crew
Yeah,...but would there be anything left worth the bother at that point? Not likely.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

You don't know that. Your guessing.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

And you are just fantasizing about how much of a post-shtf operator ninja you will be.

Do you really think the people that work there would simply leave items that will help them survive in the building when they depart, so that some random guy can come along later to break in and make use of them?
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Steve_In_29 wrote: April 5th, 2019, 9:36 am And you are just fantasizing about how much of a post-shtf operator ninja you will be.

Do you really think the people that work there would simply leave items that will help them survive in the building when they depart, so that some random guy can come along later to break in and make use of them?
Precisely my thinking,...not the ninja thing, but the nothing left to scrounge thing.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

No I think when communications break down and when they have been left there long enough and no one is coming to release them that's the time. You think I mean as soon as everything goes bad. Ha ha ha . Nope I would say depending on what has happened in the world 6 to 9 months would be a good time to hit them and super secret ninja. No but I know what I'm capable of do you? O and the nothing to scrounge thing. You think they are going to load a lot of ghost trucks and try to make their way through town. No not going to happen. If I know these guys they will stay still, hunker down and stay in place.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

You do what you think is best. I also suggest shutting up about it. People usually phuck them selves with their mouths. You by your self are really nothing if everyone else knows.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Ranger1 wrote: April 5th, 2019, 11:53 am No I think when communications break down and when they have been left there long enough and no one is coming to release them that's the time. You think I mean as soon as everything goes bad. Ha ha ha . Nope I would say depending on what has happened in the world 6 to 9 months would be a good time to hit them and super secret ninja. No but I know what I'm capable of do you? O and the nothing to scrounge thing. You think they are going to load a lot of ghost trucks and try to make their way through town. No not going to happen. If I know these guys they will stay still, hunker down and stay in place.
17+ years in the Marines with 2 years of that in JSOC. Sgt at 3, SSgt at 6 and GySgt at 12 years, 7 deployments to include Lebanon and Somalia. Combat Action ribbon and jump qual'ed.

So to answer your question sonny, yeah...I know what I am capable of.

As to the rest, if the guys are still there you won't be getting in, as it means the building is secure and they have adequate supplies. If they aren't there, they will have either taken the equipment with them or destroyed it in place. So in first case you die and in second you expend lots of effort getting in to find nothing.

As I said....a fantasy.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Hey you want a cookie for that history you got there. The only thing that gets my attention is the time u spent in Somalia and Lebanon now that I will give you :clap: you deserve that. Those places absolutely suck ass. The rest of your past not so much.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Ranger1 wrote: April 5th, 2019, 1:05 pm Hey you want a cookie for that history you got there. The only thing that gets my attention is the time u spent in Somalia and Lebanon now that I will give you :clap: you deserve that. Those places absolutely suck ass. The rest of your past not so much.
Gee...that's big of you....
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Yes :violin:
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »