Thiefs hitting maiboxes

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
338lapua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Thiefs hitting maiboxes

Post by 338lapua »

Getting to play mailman again today. Two people went through my area last night opening every non locking mailbox. Found mail for 6 people just on my section of my street and the neighborhood is littered with mail this morning. Talked to one neighbor and handed them the envelope for the Christmas card and she said there was a $100 gift card inside it as her mom told her to be looking for it for her daughter, said there should be 3 cards total with 3 gift cards, didn't find the other two. So basically because someone is so self absorbed in their life the kid now does not get their gift. $300 in one damn mailbox. I walked my dog at 5, 8, and 10:30PM and the 10:30 walk is when I found the mail. I went looking for them and found them over a half mile north and they ran when I confronted their drug addicted asses. So basically a area a mile long and a half mile long was hit with every mailbox without a lock.

Did I call the cops? Nope a waste of time, they could care less. Besides they are chasing the idiot setting off fireworks in my area. Did I call the post office? Nope because they don't give two shits about mail taken from a box once delivered.

Seriously how hard is it to open your mailbox every day and empty it? It is not that expensive to buy a locking mailbox and it will stop them cold in their tracks as it is a much more serious offense to break a locking mailbox. The people doing this are the same zombies at the freeway exits working a sign, this is their night job. Most of them are drug addicts and are not going away until they can no longer find anything to steal so get a locking mailbox.

DrEarlCordova

Re: Thiefs hitting maiboxes

Post by DrEarlCordova »

I had to install a locking mail box about 8 years ago. It was broken into about 2 years ago.
Now it has three locks on it.
ducatilover

Post by ducatilover »

Locked mailboxes are not safe either. We have one of those big ones with individual locked boxes for each address. They got broken into twice in the last 3 months. First they popped the locking mechanism that the mail person uses to put in everyone's mail in. Then they popped the locks on individual boxes. I personally got mine broken into and had a package stolen.

Make an effort to go every day to the mailbox. Especially when you are expecting packages. Communicate with friends and family that they should let you know if they are sending something.

Be on the lookout. Cops don't care unless you have evidence. Even then they might not care.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

The safety and security of the "north" valley. LOL
WRMorrison

Post by WRMorrison »

If you know you're going to be away for a few days or more, have your mail held at the PO; you can set up the hold online.

-WRM
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

ducatilover wrote: December 18th, 2018, 3:13 pm Locked mailboxes are not safe either. We have one of those big ones with individual locked boxes for each address. They got broken into twice in the last 3 months. First they popped the locking mechanism that the mail person uses to put in everyone's mail in. Then they popped the locks on individual boxes. I personally got mine broken into and had a package stolen.

Make an effort to go every day to the mailbox. Especially when you are expecting packages. Communicate with friends and family that they should let you know if they are sending something.

Be on the lookout. Cops don't care unless you have evidence. Even then they might not care.
Even when presented with evidence like 22 megapixel images of the same guy who they know opening multiple mailboxes in a row and removing the mail they still don't care.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

OP,... seems like you have a constant problem in your neighborhood. Have you ever considered setting some explosive die packs in your mailbox? Maybe a coordinated effort with a couple of neighbors would persuade the street rats to move on to another area.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

So basically you enabled the crooks by your refusal to give their description to proper authorities then. You were just as apathetic as you accuse them of being.
Flash

Post by Flash »

You guys need to move to areas with less crime.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Also not sure what this thread has to do with "Survival and Emergency Preparedness" which is the subject of this sub-forum.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

You've never been to the west side.

westside.jpg
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

uh oh watch out the thread cop is out and about. ugh
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

knockonit wrote: December 27th, 2018, 11:50 am uh oh watch out the thread cop is out and about. ugh
Yep he is here !!!! :hand:
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

knockonit wrote: December 27th, 2018, 11:50 am uh oh watch out the thread cop is out and about. ugh
Well I'm might be wrong but I would venture the board's owner went to the trouble to set it up with the various sub-forums to keep things organized so that people could know where to look to find what they were interested in.

But hey let's all just post our threads in randomly selected forums and let the board slide into oblivion like the last iteration.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

Steve_In_29 wrote: December 27th, 2018, 4:45 pm
Well I'm might be wrong but I would venture the board's owner went to the trouble to set it up with the various sub-forums to keep things organized so that people could know where to look to find what they were interested in.

But hey let's all just post our threads in randomly selected forums and let the board slide into oblivion like the last iteration.
Relax, dude. It could have been an honest mistake.
Plus, it seems like you have a hard-on for 338 Lapua, for whatever reason.