Last Shopping Trip To Prep Before Snow Storm, Natural Disaster, SHTF — What To Buy With Only One Chance Left?

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
Miker12
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Last Shopping Trip To Prep Before Snow Storm, Natural Disaster, SHTF — What To Buy With Only One Chance Left?

Post by Miker12 »

…Could we last if everything descended into chaos tomorrow and there was wide-spread panic, looting, violence and wars? That, I don’t know. However, we have made a lot of preparations for our family so I don’t feel helpless if we are visited by a future doomsday scenario like that any time soon. I certainly don’t welcome it, but I don’t feel like we’ll be caught completely off guard either. I mentioned in another post how from time to time, thinking about what I would do with some small amount of advanced warning causes me to reevaluate my preps. I do think that it is wise to constantly be aware of your surroundings (as well as what’s going on in the world) and to take advantage of circumstances if you can, to give your family a leg up.

https://www.jbbardot.com/last-shopping- ... ance-left/

Gatsby
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Re: Last Shopping Trip To Prep Before Snow Storm, Natural Disaster, SHTF — What To Buy With Only One Chance Left?

Post by Gatsby »

Cigarettes and coffee.

My approach has been to have what we need, here, now. Because if there's any advance warning EVERYONE will have it and there will be chaos. I plan to sit back and watch/defend until things calm down and we can move forward with stage 2.

But I would miss the coffee and cigs.
Harrier

Re: Last Shopping Trip To Prep Before Snow Storm, Natural Disaster, SHTF — What To Buy With Only One Chance Left?

Post by Harrier »

I've been prepping for years and I still don't think I have everything I might need... It just occurred to me (duh) that it would be good to have a 'shopping list' of all those last minute and perishable items you might need on-hand... fresh batteries, meds of all kinds, nuts, oil+filter, gas ... you know, kitchen sink...
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

first thing first. There are nesseseties that being human are a must. I had a well put in and a water tower on the property for gravity feed. I have a solar pump and back up mechanical pump. So we have water,shower,toilets etc. Now toilet paper, a lot of it. Freeze dry foods. Board games. If you have ladies with you they are going to need things to get through the month. Burn pit or barrel. Can food. Cigarettes, chew, smokeless Tabasco, for trading. But what to buy if you had 1 chance left. Huh...propane and a lot of it.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Dry socks. Can't overstate the importance or dry socks.
Miker12

Post by Miker12 »

We in Prescott, Chino Valley, Prescott Valley, Humboldt just got hit last week (Feb 21-23) with a major whooper of a snowstorm. The stores were ripped bare of 4-day goods but the items most in need were:

1) snow shovels
2) deicing salt
3) wood / pellets for your stove
4) fuel for your rig / car / generators
5) daily comfort needs which include cigarettes, sodas, coffee, alcohol, etc
6) snow / ice chains
7) personal services:
money makers included: driveway and sidewalk clearing ($50 per hr), wood cutting / limb clearing, pulling out stuck vehicles, taxi people to the store and appts.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Fresh food. Things that I am likely to have to do without for a while, once I get into the canned, powdered and freeze-dried.
Eggs, milk, fruits, vegetables, meats. I would like the opportunity to savor that last banana.
Kingjoey

Post by Kingjoey »

Toilet paper.....ain't going to go through an emergency with swampass 😄
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Kingjoey wrote: September 6th, 2019, 11:57 pm Toilet paper.....ain't going to go through an emergency with swampass 😄
Sounds like someone doesn't plan ahead....we have about 5 yrs of toilet paper stocked up.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Having dealt with this kinda thing I gotta say you arent going to find anything in a last chance shopping trip.

The first winter here we had an ice storm. One whole week with temps never getting out of the 20s and nights in single digits. No groceries were delivered to DFW for a week. Some stores managed to stay open but they were out of the proper food water and gas stations were very low on fuel for generators. I went to get some prescriptions 3 days out and I s*** you not people were fighting over cases of water even though water would be available as long as they properly insulated their pipes. You could get around if you were careful but everything was a sheet of ice that didnt go away for a week.

I parked my truck in the driveway After taking the wife to work and as I started to open the door I heard a noise and looked back in time to see it slide back down into the street. It was in park with the break on but the ice was that slick.

There were dozens of trucks full of food stuck outside the ice storm. It took about 3 days to refill the stores.

Second, it might not be an oh s*** time that you depend on what you already have. A few years after we moved to texas, the wife quit her job in Oct and didnt go back till Feb. We had enough money for about 6 months in cash on hand but we also had 2 huge freezers and a well stocked pantry and decided to live off that since that's what we kept all that food on hand for. We had to buy very little over those few months.

If you aren't prepared now you wont have a chance at a last chance trip.
chicoandzeus
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by chicoandzeus »

Twinkies...
What
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by What »

Hard drugs, "pay" tweakers little at a time to do all the heavy work.

Just kidding.

Sardines and canned carrots would be my bulk purchase from store
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Already got a lot of ammo.

Would buy:
Lifestraws.
Lots of canned goods, soups.
Soap, toothpaste, toilet paper.
Deck of cards.
Bic lighters.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Fingernail and toenail clippers, I’m not doing without!